Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What Movies Are You Looking Forward to in (the Rest of) 2013?

Sploich

2013 Movies  

3 users have voted

1. 1. Most Looking Forward To?

• The Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug
    • The Lone Ranger
    • The Wolverine
    • Despicable Me 2
    • Thor: Dark World
    • The Hunger Games: Catching Fire
    • Pacific Rim
    • Candy Crush The Movie

(edited)

despicable me 2

monsters university

Thor: The Dark World

The Hunger Games: Catching Fire

The Hobbit: the desolation of Smaug

grown ups 2

hunger games:catching fire

equestria girls...

and in 2015 finding dory <3

Edited by Snowdream

Man of Steel

I'm really intrested in this new version of Superman. I like what they have done with his character.

Thor the Dark World

Sort of looking forward to this one, watched all the other marvel movies besides Captain America, so I'll probably watch this one. Plus Loki is just such a magnificent bastard.

The Desolation of Smaug

I'm the biggest Tolkien fan on this forum, get over it. 

Their and Back Again(Long ways off)

Deja Vu

World War Z

This one really spikes my interest. Looks really cool.

well my list is:

man of steel

pacific rim (im glad this turned out to be an actual movie, not just a cancelled project)

elysium

oblivion (not elder scrolls )

after earth

ender's game (loved the book, all 3 of them)

world war z

hobbit

The movie I'm really looking forward to at the moment is one called "The Purge". It's basically about certain periods in the year where everyone is allowed to commit any number of crimes without fear of punishment. 

I'll just show the trailer:

I found it extremely interesting at least.

Why are they wearing masks if they can't get arrested for anything that they are doing oh god just a few more characters left?

• Brohoof 1

Why are they wearing masks if they can't get arrested for anything that they are doing oh god just a few more characters left?

Never thought of that.

And what's the point of making a movie about the entire country being completely lawless for one night if you're just going to make it a home invasion movie? The backstory is just window dressing if you're not actually gonna do something with it.

(edited)

I think that they just wear masks to inspire fear in their victims. Not really that hard to realize, that was my first conclusion on why they're wearing masks.

As for the whole house invasion, I think the point is that the family has been avoiding having to be part of any sort of killings on that day, but now they're forced to fight, pushed out of their comfort zone, etc.

Edited by Krein

As for the whole house invasion, I think the point is that the family has been avoiding having to be part of any sort of killings on that day, but now they're forced to fight, pushed out of their comfort zone, etc.

I mean, yeah, I get what the filmmakers are going for thematically, but it just seems like a wasted opportunity. As a film-goer, I would much rather see a bunch of characters having to traverse a lawless county or city (I dunno, maybe to rescue a friend or family member) while the movie explores themes and ideas a bit less basic than "HUMANITY SUCKS".

Give me something new.

I mean, yeah, I get what the filmmakers are going for thematically, but it just seems like a wasted opportunity. As a film-goer, I would much rather see a bunch of characters having to traverse a lawless county or city (I dunno, maybe to rescue a friend or family member) while the movie explores themes and ideas a bit less basic than "HUMANITY SUCKS".

Give me something new.

Well that's also been done with movies such as The Book of Eli, albeit the storyline was different. I personally like the whole house invasion, because I feel it creates a stonger sense of fear and danger since you're being hunted in a place you're supposed to be and feel safe, and also the fact that there are few places to hide for a prolonged period of time.

But I understand where you're coming from, the house scenario has been done a lot of times, but hey, I just want to sit back and enjoy it anyway.

You're worried that this major motion picture produced by Christopher Nolan is going to be a piece of shit video game with completely broken controls?  At least compare it to another Superman *movie*, like Superman Returns...

Superman Returns is the closest I'd say they've ever gotten to making a decent Superman movie. I don't really understand why people hate it so much.

Pre-Crisis Superman *has* turned back time, though.  He regularly leaped forward and backward in time to meet the Legion of Super Heroes, and even visited Krypton that way.

Fair enough, but I meant more the way he does it. Also, pre-crisis was a very silly time.

Give me something new.

Oh, that's my other problem with this movie: Humanity DOESN'T suck. This wouldn't happen if this actually became a law and that's been proven by society throughout history. I HATE cynical movies and this one looks about as cynical as it gets.

Man of Steel and probably that is pretty much it. Next year, I'll be looking forward to the Amazing Spider-Man 2 and The Avengers 2 with the new galactic villain Thanos. So that is pretty much it.

Entity. I can't wait to see a movie about Slendy. (I don't need sleep anyway!) I heard it will be really good, and I have seen the trailers for it.

First of all, Batman has traveled through time plenty of times. tongue.png

Superman turning back time in the first movie was a thing created specifically for that movie, and at the last minute. As I've said, I don't think there's ever been a movie that has done Superman right (or anything right for that matter).

Also I'm actually not a big fan of Goyer. Jumper's a TERRIBLE movie and I think he's the reason for all the major problems I have with Batman Begins. The Dark Knight Rises is all Nolan's fault though. That's just one of the worst freaking movies ever made.

Anyway, I'll make you like Superman: Read "Whatever Happened to the Man of Tomorrow?" "All-Star Superman," and "Superman for All Seasons."

'Course he's traveled through time. ^^ Secondly, his utility belt is like the most overpowered thing I've ever seen. xD But he's never turned back time by flying rapidly around the world, or, as far as I know, erased anybody's memory with a kiss. X_X

Haven't seen Jumper actually. And I know, I know, I'm the only one in the world who actually likes The Dark Knight Rises. *sigh* I've been told by my family numerous times. Oh well.

I'll definitely check those out, but I don't know. I just never liked Superman, even from what I read in the comics.

And I really hate Lois Lane...

Definatly the new Thor since Moonpie although a jestive name is a Norse based pony. New avengers when it comes out, Im sortof curiouse of the new superman, but not OMG MUST SEE IT !!!! Im curiouse of EPIC as well. 

Also in the line of "Shows/movies" if theater counts I am curiouse to see Wicked Not seen it yet, but my parents say its wonderful.

Looking forward to Thor 2 and Hobbit 2 (though the first Hobbit film was a bit wtf-ish having read the book, it was written before LotR but the movie acts as a faithful LotR prequel... wat??), After Earth and Hangover 3 look pretty good (Ken Jeong!) and I really wanna go see Hunger Games 2 as well.

Oh, and does anyone know the UK release date of Monsters University? Since our group will be splitting up to go to uni this year, we're all (hopefully) going to see it before the end of August togeter... It's gonna be kind of heartbreaking.

• Brohoof 1

-Man of Steel

-New Wolverine movie (is it just called "Wolverine"?)

-The Purge

-Equestria Girls (only if it gets uploaded to the 'net)

-Hadn't heard about these two until now, but Insidious 2 and Cloudy w/ a Chance of Meatballs 2

-Grown Ups 2

-Despicable Me 2

-The Great Gatsby (I know it's out, but I need to find the novel first- I want to read before watching, y'know?)

-Speaking of reading before watching, I am NOT too excited about Sea of Monsters unless they are planning a huge improvement. I'm a fan of the books but The Lightning Thief's film adaption was absolutely terrible in my opinion.

-A bit unrelated, but I want to see Batman Begins. I have a Dark Knight DVD and could find TDKR on Redbox probably, but I want to start at the trilogy's beginning. Is it ever on TV or anything, or can I watch it on YouTube?

The biggest thing I'm looking forward to is the Hobbit sequel, while everything else just doesn't compare. The other ones I'm looking forward to are The Conjuring, Man of Steel, and the Carrie remake.

• Brohoof 1

The biggest thing I'm looking forward to is the Hobbit sequel, while everything else just doesn't compare. The other ones I'm looking forward to are The Conjuring, Man of Steel, and the Carrie remake.

I will have to agree. Since I am a big fan of LotR I am very excited for part 2 of the hobbit. I watched the first part 4 days before the world premiere, actually :P ..Though I was a little bit disappointed by the movie since the lotr triology was so much better :c It was still good though!

• 3 weeks later...

The Wolverine and Thor:The Dark World, it seems like almost every movie that has been coming out that is worth watching has been comic book based.

I typically go for animated movies so Monster University, that one about the Snail that suddenly goes very fast, Disney's Planes and Despicable Me 2 are all ones I wanna see.

But the one non-animated movie I wanna see is Elysium. Looks really interesting.

I'm not much one for movies usually but when I do, it's almost always animated.

@,

Hello there. I've merged your topic with our older one for sharing which movies in 2013 we are anticipating most.

Probably The Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug for me.

@,

Hello there. I've merged your topic with our older one for sharing which movies in 2013 we are anticipating most.

Probably The Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug for me.

Ugh. Thanks, that was a major derp on my part.

OT: The Hobbit is really the only movie I'll probably see in theaters this year (besides Iron Man 3 which I already saw, and EqG).

I'm really looking forward to a lot of movies this year.  Lat year sucked for movies, this year rocks.

My Little Pony: Equestria Girls (on DVD)

Despicable Me 2 (banana banana banana)

Monster University (Monsters Inc. was my first movie in the theaters)

Insidious Chapter 2 (just found out about this two days ago)

Mortal Instruments: City of Bones (been waiting and waiting)

Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters (only because Nathan Fillian is playing Hermes)

Hunger Games: Catching Fire (opening night)

Thor: The Dark World (I love some mythology)

Man of Steel (I really don't like Superman but this looks REALLY good)

Grown Ups 2 (I loved the first one)

Carrie (just got into the Stephen King books)