Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Lauren Faust's intentions with Twilight are confusing

Commander_PonyShep

(edited)

I agree with you that people have the right be be unhappy, but again we have the meme that everything was better when Lauren was involved and only she can "protect us" from Hasbro. It's not true. TV is a give and take between the "artists" and "suits" and that's OK. Personally I trust Meghann as much as some trusted Lauren.

Good points. A lot of the time people forget that the particualr writers have made some of the best episodes and Lauren wasn't directly involved during the writing phase in the same capacity. Also she wasnt as involved in season 2 and that i think was the best overall season. I do think it's silly to put LAuren above the current writers and Hasbro in importance as she's no longer a directly relevant figure; but i don't want people forgetting how important she was initally.

Edited by Freewave
  • Brohoof 1

AliTwi theories, AliTwi theories everywhere...

Anyway, ain't gonna credit either Has(not-so)bro or Lauren on this one because really, I don't know who to believe anymore when it comes to the show.

(edited)
My main reason for thinking this way is that taking Celestia and Luna away is just stupid: they make this perfect "circle" of opposites that complete each other, which Twilight and Cadance just lack with each other.

Why do people constantly bring up Cadance when talking about Twilicorn?  What in the world does she have to do with it?  She had nothing to do with Twilight becoming an Alicorn, aside from being there during the coronation.  And she rules the Crystal Empire, which is pretty much on the other site of the continent that Equestria is on.  How is it that people constantly come to the conclusion that she's going to be absolutely paramount to Twilight's future as a Princess? 

Edited by SBaby

I don't think Faust had a chance to even tell the writers to make some changes but, there was nothing that she could do. So, I guess this topic won't stop being discussed. :o

Why do people constantly bring up Cadance when talking about Twilicorn?  What in the world does she have to do with it?  She had nothing to do with Twilight becoming an Alicorn, aside from being there during the coronation.  And she rules the Crystal Empire, which is pretty much on the other site of the continent that Equestria is on.  How is it that people constantly come to the conclusion that she's going to be absolutely paramount to Twilight's future as a Princess?

In the context of Twilight replacing Celestia as a ruler, it would make no sense to leave her alone or to have her with with Luna. Up until now, Cadance is the only other alicorn/princess around.

But I agree with you and this is one of the reasons I think that this whole "replacement thing" is not going to happen. At least for now.

Look at her latest tweets: https://twitter.com/Fyre_flye

Lauren was speaking against Princess Merida redesign and linked an article about  "American Girls" shortly after the EqG announcement.

“I heard. Bummer. Sadly, not surprising. That's the way things go in the world of media for girls.”
“Hey look! Outspokenness can prevail! Merida's back! Hope it lasts. http://princess.disney.com/merida
“Even "American Girls" was once radically positive for girls before it was homogenized for money. http://bit.ly/18FzobY
“And girls who are like Merida have no dolls to buy now. THERE IS MORE THAN ONE WAY TO BE A GIRL!”
“Of course! But what does it say to take a vanity-free athlete and prom her up? They're not staying true to who Merida is.”
“I admire @brenda_chapman for speaking her mind about what the corp who owns her character is doing to diminishing her http://bit.ly/19ftjR2
“Sad but a lot of blame goes to consumers who prefer images of conformity over strong individuality.”

475.jpg

195832__safe_lauren-faust_twitter.png.pn

I feel bad for Faust. People still keep asking her about Season 3 on her DeviantART page and on Twitter. She was surprised to learn that Cadence is an alicorn. I fell myself much more fortunate because I can leave at any movement and pretend that Twilicorn never happened but Faust will never be left alone.

Lauren's plans became irrelevant because she left the show. Once one leaves a production team one cannot affect the out come of projects. You in effect become irrelevant to the current project. She knows this and has stated this on multiple occasions. She doesn't want to state her entire original plans because she respects the production team and knows it might de-legitimize the current show in some peoples eyes. Its something some people go to great lengths to do anyway. So many use it as an impenetrable argument against anything past season one and two. Some seem to really love to twist her and other team members words to de- legitimize the current show. We need to examine the show on its own merits, not based upon what Lauren would or would not have done or intended to do. She accepts that why cant others.

Lauren made a choice to leave for various reasons. Running a show is hard, very, very, very hard. You have to coordinate an entire team of artists, whilst dealing with whatever company you are making the product for, all whilst trying to keep the project you pitched cohesive. It can destroy you mentally and physically. I speak from personal experience here. I haven't run a show but animation in general is hard and I myself reached a physical and mental breaking point during a project. I didn't sleep, I ate a lot less than is healthy, I was stressed, and I didn't get to see or talk to my friends or family much. I can only imagine what Faust had to go through. That being said do we need to know specifics? She left and accepts it. She obviously has strong feelings about the decision I can imagine. However she has moved on to other things, we should stop speculating on why and anticipate her future projects. 

• Brohoof 3

I have high hopes that the writers and staff will do there best to make it work. As an artist and was taught at art inst dallas I expect to see and know that no matter your best intent, someone somewhere always will complain. They are producing a wonderful show for the world to see, and yes some PR wires may get crossed but the end result people have to realise its corp's say sadly in a lot of what the animators have to do.

Lauren's plans became irrelevant because she left the show. Once one leaves a production team one cannot affect the out come of projects. You in effect become irrelevant to the current project. She knows this and has stated this on multiple occasions. She doesn't want to state her entire original plans because she respects the production team and knows it might de-legitimize the current show in some peoples eyes. Its something some people go to great lengths to do anyway. So many use it as an impenetrable argument against anything past season one and two. Some seem to really love to twist her and other team members words to de- legitimize the current show. We need to examine the show on its own merits, not based upon what Lauren would or would not have done or intended to do. She accepts that why cant others.

Some people are still convinced that the show is developing according Lauren's plans and propagates her morals. While Lauren doesn't want to undermine what the MLP:FIM crew is doing, she still makes her opinion known by addressing similar issues in other shows.

(edited)

Some people are still convinced that the show is developing according Lauren's plans and propagates her morals. While Lauren doesn't want to undermine what the MLP:FIM crew is doing, she still makes her opinion known by addressing similar issues in other shows.

Who exactly? Most people I've seen already know the show has gone in a different direction than she intended. How can it not when she has left? How can anyone with even a cursory interaction with the fandom not know this? Even those I know who had no interaction with the fandom heard about it and the alicorn deal. A lot of what I see is along the lines of "Lauren didn't intend this therefore it is garbage". Any attempt to try to present your case is then looked upon as insulting Lauren Faust. Its ridiculous. 

Why try to interpret a hidden meaning to her words? Why not just take them for what they are saying about the thing she is actually addressing? Too often are her words twisted. People make a picture putting her statement on the whole of the show and Megan's statement specifically on Twilight's princess status out of context to make a misguided statement. Even Lauren said it was an unfair comparison yet people continue using the thing. Do they ever quote her on that? Again she mentions her plans are irrelevant that must mean she hates what they have done. Or it could mean that she has no say in anything any more so yes any plans she had became irrelevant because she can no longer in-act them. People are just reinforcing her reason for remaining silent. She knows no matter how well she states it people will use it as a blanket argument to de-legitimize everything the production team has done. She is obviously going to feel some negative emotion on changes made whether good or bad simply because she is not there and wants to be. However she knows she made a decision and she unlike much of the fandom is living with it. 

Yes the show will go in another direction, that direction isn't automatically bad. Lauren said at brony con I believe that above all else she just wanted a show for girls that "wasn't stupid". Well I say she succeeded and the show continues to succeed in that regard. It still has strong characters, beautiful animation, and fun and meaningful stories. All with excellent presentation. That's why I liked the show when she was on board, that's why I like it now.

Edited by Anadu Kune
  • Brohoof 2

Who exactly? Most people I've seen already know the show has gone in a different direction than she intended. How can it not when she has left?

Only a fraction of fans knows is dedicated enough to follow everything about the show, the fandom and the MLP:FIM crew. Most are causal fans who like to watch the show and occasionally fan made content and they rarely take part in discussions so they don't know much beside the show itself. In my experience the less knowledgeable fans tend to follow EQD and they most likely ask Lauren about Season 3 and the future of the show.

I don't blame these fans but I think it's the reason Lauren has to share her opinion.

Even Lauren said it was an unfair comparison yet people continue using the thing. Do they ever quote her on that?

If the current MLP:FIM crew is really doing their best, it means that executive meddling must be very heavy and i'm worried about the show even more.

Oh boy, now we've got the Faust worshippers chiming in. I like how you guys complain that Hasbro bucked up the series and that it would've been so much better if Faust stayed. Anyway, Faust originally intended MMC to be the series finale, but Hasbro and DHX decided to see how long they could keep the show going. Just saying...

• Brohoof 1

Oh boy, now we've got the Faust worshippers chiming in. I like how you guys complain that Hasbro bucked up the series and that it would've been so much better if Faust stayed. Anyway, Faust originally intended MMC to be the series finale, but Hasbro and DHX decided to see how long they could keep the show going. Just saying...

This proves my earlier point about people trying to suggest that MMC was done the way she intended despite having evidence that it wasn't according to her plans.

(edited)

This proves my earlier point about people trying to suggest that MMC was done the way she intended despite having evidence that it wasn't according to her plans.

I wasn't saying MMC was done the way Faust would've liked it, I was saying that there was never supposed to be S4 at all and Faust hinted that she wanted to make Twilight an Alicorn for the series finale (or at least a princess).

Edited by Black Licorice

Faust said that she planed only 2 alicorns. Princess Platinum and Prince Blueblood are unicorn and Cadance was supposed to be an unicorn but it was changed after Lauren left. The requirement to change race to be become a princess is very gimmicky(made only to push toys) and doesn't make a sense in-universe.

• Brohoof 1

Only a fraction of fans knows is dedicated enough to follow everything about the show, the fandom and the MLP:FIM crew. Most are causal fans who like to watch the show and occasionally fan made content and they rarely take part in discussions so they don't know much beside the show itself. In my experience the less knowledgeable fans tend to follow EQD and they most likely ask Lauren about Season 3 and the future of the show.

I don't blame these fans but I think it's the reason Lauren has to share her opinion.

If the current MLP:FIM crew is really doing their best, it means that executive meddling must be very heavy and i'm worried about the show even more.

You don't really have to be all that dedicated to know about this though. I have a good deal of friends who do their best to stay away from the fandom. Even they heard about Lauren's departure. Even they heard whispers of the drama. If your knowledgeable enough to ask Lauren and know who she is it should be expected you do some basic research before asking her a question. 

How is Laurens opinion going to help matters? If anything it will just hurt by introducing an more extreme negative confirmation bias. Lauren knows this its why she maintains her silence. Its already happening with what little she does say. People twist her words towards things she doesn't mean and use it to defend their position that everything after her departure is garbage. They ignore anything good or encouraging she has to say. She implored us to cease the panic and expressed confidence in the team. Do people often quote that? She states on multiple occasions what she had planned is irrelevant and that she would rather not talk about because she doesn't want to trample on the current work. She states that she cant address anything past season two. People tend to ignore that or twist it towards a negative stance. 

Executive meddling happens in almost every show and we know it happens in mlp. We know its been happening since season 1. Entire characters such as the Cutie Mark Crusaders came about through executive meddling. You really think the current product is the bad when compared to the original season? I dont. Its changing but I don't see it as a change for the worst. There are episodes I like and ones I dislike, but overall the presentation of the episodes in all seasons has been great. 

You don't really have to be all that dedicated to know about this though. I have a good deal of friends who do their best to stay away from the fandom. Even they heard about Lauren's departure. Even they heard whispers of the drama. If your knowledgeable enough to ask Lauren and know who she is it should be expected you do some basic research before asking her a question. 

You can go to her DeviantArt page and see how many people aren't aware of it. I have no idea many tweets she receives.

How is Laurens opinion going to help matters? If anything it will just hurt by introducing an more extreme negative confirmation bias. Lauren knows this its why she maintains her silence. Its already happening with what little she does say. People twist her words towards things she doesn't mean and use it to defend their position that everything after her departure is garbage. They ignore anything good or encouraging she has to say. She implored us to cease the panic and expressed confidence in the team. Do people often quote that? She states on multiple occasions what she had planned is irrelevant and that she would rather not talk about because she doesn't want to trample on the current work. She states that she cant address anything past season two. People tend to ignore that or twist it towards a negative stance.

I can't ignore problems unless they are addressed in a way that makes sense. Also she edited out the "The plans I had for her are are now irrelevant" which suggested that it was her initial emotional reaction out of frustration upon learning about Twilicorn. She obliviously still hadn't been gone past of point of not caring about it. If you believe that her tweets are twisted, you can try to bring an argument.

Would you rather be blissfully ignorant or know the truth?

As for me, I don't claim that I know the truth but I try to find out to the best of my abilities even it's going to disappoint me. I don't care if it ruins the show for me because I value ideas more than mere entertainment. Unfortunately I have little influence on the matters in this case.

Executive meddling happens in almost every show and we know it happens in mlp. We know its been happening since season 1. Entire characters such as the Cutie Mark Crusaders came about through executive meddling. You really think the current product is the bad when compared to the original season? I dont. Its changing but I don't see it as a change for the worst. There are episodes I like and ones I dislike, but overall the presentation of the episodes in all seasons has been great. 

I know Hasbro has always been pushing bad premises which weren't supposed to work but the MLP:FIM crew made them work. Lauren's favorite episode is Suited for Success which is actually about executive meddling and despite the fashion theme was very well received by fans. We don't know yet how Twilicorn and EQG will affect the show but I think we can judge how Cadance, Shining Armor and Crystal Empire were received. Shining Armor didn't attend Twilight's birthday for an unknown reason even though she was in Canterlot at the time and Crystal Empire appeared literally out of nowhere. Cadance turned out to be the least liked pony and Crystal Empire was a disappointment. I don't think the writers are satisfied with the way introduced Twilicorn.

What I'm saying these changes aren't naturally integrated in the show and aren't very well received.

• Brohoof 1

1.) You can go to her DeviantArt page and see how many people aren't aware of it. I have no idea many tweets she receives.

2.) I can't ignore problems unless they are addressed in a way that makes sense. Also she edited out the "The plans I had for her are are now irrelevant" which suggested that it was her initial emotional reaction out of frustration upon learning about Twilicorn. She obliviously still hadn't been gone past of point of not caring about it. If you believe that her tweets are twisted, you can try to bring an argument.

3.) Would you rather be blissfully ignorant or know the truth?

As for me, I don't claim that I know the truth but I try to find out to the best of my abilities even it's going to disappoint me. I don't care if it ruins the show for me because I value ideas more than mere entertainment. Unfortunately I have little influence on the matters in this case.

4.) I know Hasbro has always been pushing bad premises which weren't supposed to work but the MLP:FIM crew made them work. Lauren's favorite episode is Suited for Success which is actually about executive meddling and despite the fashion theme was very well received by fans. We don't know yet how Twilicorn and EQG will affect the show but I think we can judge how Cadance, Shining Armor and Crystal Empire were received. Shining Armor didn't attend Twilight's birthday for an unknown reason even though she was in Canterlot at the time and Crystal Empire appeared literally out of nowhere. Cadance turned out to be the least liked pony and Crystal Empire was a disappointment. I don't think the writers are satisfied with the way introduced Twilicorn.

What I'm saying these changes aren't naturally integrated in the show and aren't very well received.

1.) Though my point is that most those I can see do know, though there is no way of knowing actual numbers. The main point to focus on is that if you know who the woman is and wish to ask a question you should at least attempt to do basic research on the topic. There is no excuse in this day and age for not doing so, The info is easy to find. We shouldn't require or ask the woman for elaboration on a topic she has repeatedly said she wishes not to comment on because of the ignorance of others. 

2.) Or it could be because people were latching on to it and misinterpreting the statement as they had others. As I had stated before she had already made that statement or statements to that effect before. She had stated she wishes not to state her original intentions as not to stomp on the current production team. She even stated something to the same effect at brony con. Pretty much saying "yeah don't take what I say for granted as things may change in the show now that I'm not there". In effect she has said her plans are irrelevant to the current show multiple times. Yet when she says it again in a time of drama people flip out.  Why ignore the context of those and all her other posts? Shell never get past caring about it. When one is forced or chooses to abandon a project one never stops caring about it. Shell always miss it to some extent. She has made statements to that effect as well. 

3.) Blissfully ignorant? Do we really need to know more? We know by her own words she left for a variety of reasons. Dealing with the company was probably included in that along with being responsible for coordinating multiple things. I believe she said or it has been established she was very overworked. Why do we need to know more? Why cant we just respect her wish not to talk about it? 

4.) I'm not sure whether your suggesting that Suited for Success was aimed at Hasbro specifically. If so I find that unlikely. The episode related to me, as being an artist is to know many, many horrible clients. Hasbro may be applicable, but it would be among probably most if not every company she has ever worked with or pitched for. After all she cant get anyone to pick up Galaxy Girls unfortunately. Your claims are debatable. Cadence may not be the most popular character but I highly doubt she is the least popular character. Also her parents were also absent from said party and from the celebration after discords defeat if I'm not mistaken. At least Shining has some feasible reason. What do Twilight's parents even do? Either way its not something I will use to say the entire episode is terrible. The amount of fan art for them is pretty impressive as well. Whilst there were those who disliked Shining and Cadence there were many who did. Same with Chrystal Empire. Same with Alicorn Twilight. Really Alicorn Twilight was the one thing mentioned that garnered the most drama which has since settled down. Now we have people actually analyzing it rather than just ranting and raving. Canterlot Wedding as an episode is generally very well liked. Its hard to gauge how well liked the Crystal Empire was as the focus seemed to be on what the villain wasn't. I don't think its really helpful to speculate on whether the writers are happy with the decision or not. I haven't seen anything from Larson, McCarthy or anyone else displaying dissatisfaction. Well other than maybe the ridiculous preemptive fan reaction to Alicorn Twilight and defiantly to the insane EG reaction. 

now that Twilight became leader of Equestria

Um, what?

Faust's original ideas are just that: ideas. Some good and some bad, and most get changed over time. Twilight's future isn't set in stone.

• Brohoof 3

@@Anadu Kune

1) It takes only one ignorant person to remind her about MLP and there're more than one.

2) Considering the timing when she posts such tweets, I find it unlikely that it's just a coincidence. When she left the show, she said that it will be "different" but it doesn't mean that she should give up her ideals and this is they way she makes her opinion known.

You appear to be afraid that Lauren's vision could invalidate the current direction but you shouldn't be concerned about it if the current directions fits your values and morals.

3) She didn't say that we can't discuss it. She wished that she wouldn't know anything about the show after she left so that her memories remained intact.

4) Why do you think Suited for Success is the most important episode for her then? MLP:FIM seems to be the only one where it was her own vision. The episode wasn't so much about ungrateful clients as about clients who were requesting changes to the point of making the end result ridiculous. She might have pitched Galaxy Girls to other companies but they refused to produce it so Lauren's vision of it wasn't affected.

Can you share some of your experience working with difficult clients? I'm not creative and I work in fields such as PCs, mobile, web, programming so I mostly have to deal with people who complain about something not working right. If there is some disagreement about the design, it's most likely to occur between developers than between developers and users.

About Cadence. As you can see she is the least liked according Brony Census. I also find it notable that very few people relate to her.

http://herdcensus.com/2013%20STATE%20OF%20THE%20HERD%20REPORT.pdf

@@Anadu Kune

1) It takes only one ignorant person to remind her about MLP and there're more than one.

2) Considering the timing when she posts such tweets, I find it unlikely that it's just a coincidence. When she left the show, she said that it will be "different" but it doesn't mean that she should give up her ideals and this is they way she makes her opinion known.

You appear to be afraid that Lauren's vision could invalidate the current direction but you shouldn't be concerned about it if the current directions fits your values and morals.

3) She didn't say that we can't discuss it. She wished that she wouldn't know anything about the show after she left so that her memories remained intact.

4) Why do you think Suited for Success is the most important episode for her then? MLP:FIM seems to be the only one where it was her own vision. The episode wasn't so much about ungrateful clients as about clients who were requesting changes to the point of making the end result ridiculous. She might have pitched Galaxy Girls to other companies but they refused to produce it so Lauren's vision of it wasn't affected.

Can you share some of your experience working with difficult clients? I'm not creative and I work in fields such as PCs, mobile, web, programming so I mostly have to deal with people who complain about something not working right. If there is some disagreement about the design, it's most likely to occur between developers than between developers and users.

About Cadence. As you can see she is the least liked according Brony Census. I also find it notable that very few people relate to her.

http://herdcensus.com/2013%20STATE%20OF%20THE%20HERD%20REPORT.pdf

1.) Yeah but that seems to be missing the point of my response. We shouldn't we expect or require her to elaborate on a topic she has expressed numerous times she wish not to because of the ignorance of others. If they cant do the simple research to find out whether she works on the show or not then why should we expect they would know about her elaboration even if she made it? The info that she is no longer a member of the show is very easy to find. How would an elaboration help in any matter if they cant find info that by this point should be common knowledge and has been addressed over and over? 

2.) Why? The whole Merida debacle was going on at the exact same time. All of her tweets are in direct reference to it. During the whole alicorn thing she merely expressed a similar sentiment to what she had always been saying. Her original ideas were just that ideas and were subject to change within the current production. As a result of her not being on the production to implement any of her ideas they became irrelevant to the current production. Not mlp as a whole but the current production. Rather than taking that to mean what it means people try to apply it to mean Lauren hates the current production. 

I don't fear that. In fact I would love to know her original intentions. My fear is the same as the reason she expressed as to why she remains silent on the issue. People will use it to unfairly de- legitimize the current production team's works. People are already trying to do this. 

3.) What I mean is that she doesn't want to elaborate on it. This much seems pretty clear. Why cant we respect that? Why must we ask for more? 

4.) It's a constant problem in the field. Something that any artist can relate to whether it be a musician, a painter, a fashion designer, or an animator. It's something she has to contend with all the time. Its something her husband has to contend with all the time. It's part of her life as a whole. Hasbro may apply but I doubt it was the sole or even main focus. The episode applies to almost every client to some degree. Every client I have had has done something dumb with the exception the Brony clients. For this reason I find it highly unlikely she targeted Hasbro as the one and only specific target.

Oh god prepare yourself. Here's a few examples.

Example 1 Nightmare.) back in July of 2012 I was commissioned to do an animation. I had a talk over the phone with the man. He seemed reasonable enough, he wanted a four to five min animation done in flash for which he would pay me about $700. He sets a deadline for September...ish though he seems loose on it. Now right from the start I told him this was a daunting task. He expressed that he wanted it very basic it would move but only just( one position, hand movements, and mouth symbols and only two backgrounds). It seemed he knew what he was talking about, this would seem to make the project quite doable. So he sends me the script and...its pretty bad, but I figure it my job to make it look good so I start the process. Its starts fine. I start by designing the characters. I make three rough sketches for each character he picks the ones he likes.  So far so good. So I'm talking with him about when I will have an initial storyboard and he asks what that is. So I explain what a storyboard is and he says no. At this point Im like "oh dear" so we have this exchange where I explain to him the the importance of doing a storyboard. No matter how I phrased it he wouldn't back down he thought the project would get done faster without one. Reluctantly I have to back down but I express the fear that it will cause problems later on. He asks for a rough of the first scene in about a week. I say its doable and proceed to do so. He likes it and asks for the other scene. I proceed to do so. Upon receiving it he says there is no difference in the scene and he asks for the updated file again. This confuses me, so I send it again. This goes on for three exchanges until he finally elaborates on what he means. He didn't listen to the dialog all he did was look at the background and character and failed to notice the extra 40 seconds of basic movement. I clear this up and he understands. This would happen nearly every time I sent him a scene. Then there were the audio problems, he failed to organize his audio at all, and there were multiple files missing. Upon realizing this he asked me to leave out the audio and just use lip movements. There was also the fact that he failed to account for audio editing time. He would constantly ask for updates whilst I was editing these massive 20 min audio files. Then the project really started to falter as I was reaching the half way point I was realizing the project would exceed the proposed running time by at least two mins. On top of that the project was running me ragged. Well in this moment I send him this info and we were passing this deadline he has set. He gets pretty heated about it. At this point I have at least five mins of animation, the animation is not very good because he constantly tells me to use less and less movement. At this point he expresses that he fails to understand what is taking so long and that he himself could have finished it by now. At this point it we set up a meeting at a cyber cafe. So I tell him this problem resulted mainly due to the lack of a storyboarding process and the poor organization of the files he sent me. There was also the fact that he put things in the script he didn't want and wanted things he didn't put in the script. I eventualy dropped the project after he had said he wanted quantity over quality and this was after a lot of other just stupid things. For example he wanted me to turn random layers off during the animation and to have a dancing baby in the background. He added a narration segment lacking animation. He wanted to add live action video footage of his baby daughter for no reason. By the end he suggested using basic sketches for final animation. Everything he wanted made the whole thing worse and worse. 

Example 2 Rigidity.) This happened during a class called Team Production. To make a really long story short during the project one of our team members just stopped doing anything, she became dead weight. This lead to a huge work load and management increase. Then at one point my other team mate had a stress breakdown due to this and her other classes. This left me doing everything for days. All of the animation and everything else. It ended up with me pulling five days no sleep to a point where I was so mentally and physically ill my friend forced me to go home. This leads in to the client who up till this point had been excellent. However there was this crowd scene they wanted and they kept asking for more and more people. At one point she had said something like thirty people. It was like negotiating with a foreign dignitary. No matter how we stated how unfeasible a task this was the client wouldn't budge. This rigidity lead me to have to animate or ink fifteen to seventeen individual people for said audience in no more than two weeks probably less. It was ridiculous. 

Example 3 Less clothing more color.) So I was commission by someone on deviant art to do an OC character. Surprisingly it wasn't a pony. The character was humanoid with neon green hair, eye piercingly bright purple skin with neon pink stripes, all lined with more pink trimmings, oh and black wings. She also is wearing a black semi- revealing coat. So the description of what he wants is pretty vague. He wants her kneeling ready for battle. There is no description of background or lighting. When presented with such poor colors I do my best to...well make it look better. So I decide to place the picture at night and de-saturate the colors. I do a full color rough which I don't normally do and send it to him. Well he responds saying it looks good except two things, the colors need to be brighter and she's wearing too much. I say ok and adjust it so, trying my best to keep the colors from being blindly bright and adjust the coat to be more open showing more of her body. He responds back with the same feedback except this time he says loose the coat and give her a tight fitting top. I make the adjustments again. This time he responds by asking me if she can have no top at all and be in a more seductive pose with the pink part of her body glowing leading to her...well... more inappropriate regions. Well at this point I politely tell him I think it better he find someone else to do the image. 

Now I'm fresh out of college and I have even more to tell. Can you imagine what Lauren or any other artist has had to deal with especially when trying to pitch a show like say...Galaxy Girls? Really it seems crazy to me to imply the intention is addressing solely and specifically Hasbro rather than trying to impart a general life lesson. 

That is one census. I'm pretty sure the creator of that actually mentioned others and the differences between them. Is Cadence the least popular in the other ones? Heck there's also no knowing how well they represent the whole of the fandom. How many didn't participate in them for whatever reason. I unfortunately didn't have the time to participate this year. On a side note the dude who does that is an awesome dude, I met him.

Oh I thought of an example of this from someone else which is very amusing. Its an example of how prevalent and insane this actually is. Its Kevin Smiths story of his time trying to work on the script for the canceled Tim Burton Superman movie. At about 5:10 he starts talking about the man in question John Peters.

• Brohoof 1

I'll just leave this here:

plan_by_cuddlesnowy-d66w05e.png

...but I guess it doesn't expand on the thread that much more from what was already established on the first page. Oh well, first post on this thread that isn't a wall of text in a while! Yay! ;)

I'll just leave this here:

img-1504829-1-plan_by_cuddlesnowy-d66w05

...but I guess it doesn't expand on the thread that much more from what was already established on the first page. Oh well, first post on this thread that isn't a wall of text in a while! Yay! wink.png

I went to Lauren Faust's DeviantArt page, and discovered that her trip-code was actually "Lauren Faust (really)" after all.  In other words, that was literally her saying that, as you've said!