Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Lauren Faust's intentions with Twilight are confusing

Commander_PonyShep

Yeah, it would appear that the post about Allicorn Twilight was one fake in a thread of genuine Lauren Faust posts, but still a very fun read though (http://www.equestriadaily.com/2013/05/lauren-faust-answers-bunch-of-questions.html)

How the hell do you know that the Alicorn Twilight post was fake?  I mean, all this time, I had someone else use Lauren's good name to outright lie to me?

(edited)
How the hell do you know that the Alicorn Twilight post was fake?  I mean, all this time, I had someone else use Lauren's good name to outright lie to me?

There is no such thing as registration. I or you can go there and post under name "Lauren Faust (really)" but no one will believe you without the tripcode. You can also have a nice conversation with yourself under the M. A. Larson name.

People on /mlp/ claim to be Hasbro executive, writers, insiders all the time and no one believes unless they prove their identity or provide some information which turns to be true.

Beside this post is obliviously made by an imposter because it contradicts Lauren's earlier statements. Do you really want to believe it so badly that you rather trust a random anon?

E2ivwj9.png

Edited by MadPointer

(edited)

There is no such thing as registration. I or you can go there and post under name "Lauren Faust (really)" but no one will believe you without the tripcode. You can also have a nice conversation with yourself under the M. A. Larson name.

People on /mlp/ claim to be Hasbro executive, writers, insiders all the time and no one believes unless they prove their identity or provide some information which turns to be true.

Beside this post is obliviously made by an imposter because it contradicts Lauren's earlier statements. Do you really want to believe it so badly that you rather trust a random anon?

img-1505431-1-E2ivwj9.png

Then I guess this is it, then.  MLP is ruined.

Without Lauren Faust to make MLP a much less sexist mess, Meghan McCarthy, her writing team, and the Hasbro execs dug themselves into an early grave, especially with alicorn Twilight and Equestria Girls.

Edited by Commander_PonyShep

I doubt that My Little Pony is ruined because of Alicorn Twilight, but I will say that I'm saddened that we'll never have Lauren's original plans for Twilight play out.

I personally don't know what to think of Alicorn Twilight or Equestria Girls. I neither praise nor bash, I simply withhold all comments because I have none.

I've been asking Lauren Faust herself on Twitter and DeviantArt about Princess Twilight.  Unfortunately, she never bothered to answer my questions at all, because she's too busy with everything else.  How do I know when she's online, so that I could ask her questions?

@@Commander_PonyShep,

I don't think she'll answer it. I rather she would confirm that the post is fake but it appears she regrets saying about "irrelevant plans"(she deleted this part shortly). It was just an impulsive emotional reaction to the news of Twilicorn.

We know some bits of her vision from the people she worked with.

Here is one of them. The guy was working as a security on a convention.

I hope Lauren Faust plans another Q&A sooner rather than later, so that I could ask her if she did intend to turn Twilight into a princess, if not an alicorn.  Again, her intentions make no sense; she said on Twitter that Princess Twilicorn was not a part of her intentions, and then she said that it was in the brony documentary.

Why can't Lauren just make up her god-damn mind?

(edited)

@@Commander_PonyShep,

I think she was consistent the whole time.

She definitely didn't wan't any alicorns. Twilight was supposed to became a powerful magical user.

If you're interested in her opinion I suggest to read her tweets from at least April 26th.

You know what?  You're not helping, no one is!

I want to believe that Twilight becoming an alicorn princess was a coming-of-age moment, where Twilight gains the power of true leadership.  But then, comes along morons like Feminspire calling Princess Twilight sexist drivel (http://feminspire.com/equestria-girls-how-did-my-little-pony-go-so-so-wrong/), and making me question my own bronydom as a result.

I also want to believe Lauren intended to make Twilight a princess, just because she said that in the brony documentary.  But not when all of you come on in and interpret it as something else other than what I thought it would be, and then go on to state that it's the truth, when none of you know.  Lauren intended for Twilight to become Celestia's successor, in other words a princess, if not an alicorn.  There was nothing vague or ambiguous in what she said in that interview.  She didn't say that Twilight would become something else other than a princess.  What she said was straightforward and obvious: Twilight is a princess and successor to Princess Celestia. So why constantly interpret it as something else?  What is this, Mass Effect 3's Indoctrination Theory, right before it was debunked in the Extended Cut endings?

(edited)

@@Commander_PonyShep

The answers you're looking for on her twitter(see above). I always try back up my interpretations with some evidence from the show itself, interviews, twitter, etc.

EDIT:

You shouldn't be worried about Faust's vision so much anyway. I just hope the current MLP:FIM crew is able to do what want to do without heavy Hasbro's influence. But I don't keep my hopes up.

Edited by MadPointer

@@Commander_PonyShep

The answers you're looking for on her twitter(see above). I always try back up my interpretations with some evidence from the show itself, interviews, twitter, etc.

EDIT:

You shouldn't be worried about Faust's vision so much anyway. I just hope the current MLP:FIM crew is able to do what want to do without heavy Hasbro's influence. But I don't keep my hopes up.

I couldn't find any of her tweets regarding her decisions with Princess Twilight.  What did she say in her tweet, if not turn Twilight into a princess?

As far as I got to know Lauren from what she said and wrote over the course of the last months I don't think she intended Twilicorn to happen.

At least not that early. For me it would be a good end of the show. Alicorns resemble adults for me in this show. It's then very that she becomes an adult (basically) while the others don't. I just feel like this puts her into a different league than the rest of the mane 6, which should not happen. I also think Lauren wanted girls to be happy with what they have. Becoming a princess is one of those dreams little girls get from shows and then they get all sad when they notice the real world isn't that great.

I couldn't find any of her tweets regarding her decisions with Princess Twilight.  What did she say in her tweet, if not turn Twilight into a princess?

She was answering questions on May 2nd. That day she said some details regarding Twilight's future. The part of the answer "Celestia sensed this HUGE magical ability, rushed over, and put a magical "cork" in it. She then decided". You have to stitch tweets together.

I don't think Faust's intentions with Twilight were confusing, at least she didn't intend for it to happen.

Basically, princesses are like a role model to little girls until they later notice that the real world isn't all about princesses and royalty unless you look into a monarchy's opinion. She did not intend for Twilight to become an alicorn, since they planned this months before the episode even aired. I don't think it matters, really.

I don't think Faust's intentions with Twilight were confusing, at least she didn't intend for it to happen.

Basically, princesses are like a role model to little girls until they later notice that the real world isn't all about princesses and royalty unless you look into a monarchy's opinion. She did not intend for Twilight to become an alicorn, since they planned this months before the episode even aired. I don't think it matters, really.

I again, I must involve this feminist blog: http://feminspire.com/equestria-girls-how-did-my-little-pony-go-so-so-wrong/

What Meghan McCarthy and her team are doing is ruining Lauren's vision of an MLP that doesn't involve sexist drivel like princesses.  It's what this article believes.

I again, I must involve this feminist blog: http://feminspire.com/equestria-girls-how-did-my-little-pony-go-so-so-wrong/

What Meghan McCarthy and her team are doing is ruining Lauren's vision of an MLP that doesn't involve sexist drivel like princesses.  It's what this article believes.

I see what you mean from the blog but, no offence but I think your kind of obsessed over this Alicorn Twilight topic. Even, though we respect your opinions but don't you think it is well going overboard?

I dont understand why Lauren's intentions or opinions are even relevant anymore considering she hasn't done anything for mlp since season 2. I mean dont get me wrong I love Lauren she is the reason we even got mlp in the first place but I dont think she is the be all and end all for ponies considering she openly admits she hasnt watched most of season 3. I just dont understand why people keep bringing Lauren up when Megan Mcauthy is the one currently in charge. 

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I dont understand why Lauren's intentions or opinions are even relevant anymore considering she hasn't done anything for mlp since season 2. I mean dont get me wrong I love Lauren she is the reason we even got mlp in the first place but I dont think she is the be all and end all for ponies considering she openly admits she hasnt watched most of season 3. I just dont understand why people keep bringing Lauren up when Megan Mcauthy is the one currently in charge. 

It's because Lauren wanted to inspire young girls to go for multitudes of things, other than just boys, good looks, and fashion.  Girls are as much capable of many things as us boys, such as sports, art, music, math and science, and so on.  With Meghan McCarthy on board, she is destroying Lauren's original vision by turning MLP into sexist drivel, namely by turning Twilight into a princess, thus reinforcing the negative message of "all girls must be princesses."

I think that people are disregarding something very important in this discussion about role models.

Princesses in Equestria are not the same thing as princesses are in our culture. To us, princesses are pretty ladies that do nothing but appear on events and look pretty.

In Equestria they are "illuminated beings". They are valid role models because they must understand all that Twilight learned: leadership, compassion, loyalty, etc... Also, they are rulers. They guide the pony society.

This is why that whole Miss America or whatever was a big bullshit.

I think that Lauren would agree to this view on what the princesses are, regardless of her original intentions.

• Brohoof 1

I think that people are disregarding something very important in this discussion about role models.

Princesses in Equestria are not the same thing as princesses are in our culture. To us, princesses are pretty ladies that do nothing but appear on events and look pretty.

In Equestria they are "illuminated beings". They are valid role models because they must understand all that Twilight learned: leadership, compassion, loyalty, etc... Also, they are rulers. They guide the pony society.

This is why that whole Miss America or whatever was a big bullshit.

I think that Lauren would agree to this view on what the princesses are, regardless of her original intentions.

So what you're trying to say is that it was good for Twilight to come of age as a princess-leader, but Miss America gave the princess concept a bad name.  Is this correct?

It's because Lauren wanted to inspire young girls to go for multitudes of things, other than just boys, good looks, and fashion.  Girls are as much capable of many things as us boys, such as sports, art, music, math and science, and so on.  With Meghan McCarthy on board, she is destroying Lauren's original vision by turning MLP into sexist drivel, namely by turning Twilight into a princess, thus reinforcing the negative message of "all girls must be princesses."

NOBODY KNOWS WHAT WILL HAPPEN IN SEASON 4 the season 3 finale is a 3 part episode and parts 2 and 3 are the first 2 episodes of season 4 Im sick of this shit. How is being a princess sexist?? Lauren could have stayed but she choose to leave of her own accord so she abandoned her creation so its all her own fault that it didnt go her way. Lauren did want Twilight to be a princess she didnt want her to be an Alicorn so if Lauren was still part of the show and had gotten her own way there would be no season 4 at all. The show would have ended with Magical Mystery Cure. 

(edited)

NOBODY KNOWS WHAT WILL HAPPEN IN SEASON 4 the season 3 finale is a 3 part episode and parts 2 and 3 are the first 2 episodes of season 4 Im sick of this shit. How is being a princess sexist?? Lauren could have stayed but she choose to leave of her own accord so she abandoned her creation so its all her own fault that it didnt go her way. Lauren did want Twilight to be a princess she didnt want her to be an Alicorn so if Lauren was still part of the show and had gotten her own way there would be no season 4 at all. The show would have ended with Magical Mystery Cure. 

Okay.

You know, I'm very sorry for ranting like I did.  It's just that this Feminist blog was so hurtful about Princess Twilight, that it even made me come to question my bronydom.  But right now, it's thanks to people like you, I was able to get over it, and come back to realize that Princess Twilight was a coming-of-age leadership moment.  Again, Miss America inadvertently insulted the concept of being a princess, but Princess Twilight was coming-of-age as a true leader.

Okay.

You know, I'm very sorry for ranting like I did.  It's just that this Feminist blog was so hurtful about Princess Twilight, that it even made me come to question my bronydom.  As I said, Princess Twilight was a coming-of-age leadership moment, but Miss America unintentionally insulted the concept of being a princess.

Being a princess in this world compared to being a princess in Equestria are 2 totally different things. How many princess on our planet can do kick ass magical spells and save the world on a regular basis?

I didnt even read the Feminist blog because they say literally everything on Earth is sexist and frankly there opinion dose not matter to me in the slightest they can shove there pointless opinion where the sun dont shine for all I care. 

I stand by what I said before that Lauren left the show of her own accord and chose to abandon her intentions with it therefore her opinion dose not matter either, If she had stayed there would be no season 4 in the winter it would have ended on season 3 and that would be that. 

Lauren did want Twilight to be a princess she didnt want her to be an Alicorn so if Lauren was still part of the show and had gotten her own way there would be no season 4 at all. The show would have ended with Magical Mystery Cure. 

She actually elaborated about Twilight on her DeviantArt page(http://fyre-flye.deviantart.com/).

Lauren Faust:"I said in the doc that I planned for Twilight to be Celestia's successor. I did not use the words "alicorn" or "princess"".

It weakens the assumption that she wanted Twilight to become a princess after all. Celestia's not only a ruler but also a magical user and a teacher so Twilight could have succeed her in this role.

The season 4 could still make her a teacher(it was actually implied in MMC) but with wings and princess status.

(edited)

So what you're trying to say is that it was good for Twilight to come of age as a princess-leader, but Miss America gave the princess concept a bad name.  Is this correct?

About Twilight, yes. Although I think it was not "optimal". For example, I cannot, for the life of me, put Twilight and Celestia on the same level. Honestly, I find it hard to put Twilight or Cadance on the same level as Luna and Celestia. For their wisdom, for their accumulated knowledge. But then, it may be unfair to say this, as this whole arc of Twilight's ascension isn't complete. I don't think that Twilight is ready to rule anything beyond her library, and I honestly don't think we could compare her to Star Swirl on the field of magic. But season four can fix all these problems very easily by showing that Twilight is still growing under all of the other princesses guidance, along with her friends.

About Miss America, maybe. I don't know the woman. What I know is the idea. It may be a little "idealistic", but the miss is not really supposed to be nothing more than a pretty face. I'm not going into the details of what the whole "Miss thing" means for the society, but I sure as hell wouldn't vote on a Miss Whatever for a position of ruling a country.

EDIT: they went with Miss America because it's the closest thing in our world to a princess they could hope to make an appearance in an event about colorful cartoon ponies. It's just a poor analogy to "equestrian princesses".

Edited by moonlightavenger