Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What do you do for good luck?

ToridAkbolto

'Do for good luck?' That is seriously something that teared me into laughter; Luck is the chance of a tide being on your side.

Though, through crazy algorithms of mine, and some Kabalarian Philosophy, it's actually easy to have 'good luck.'

Actually, with a little faith, you can achieve everything. Act good and good shall happen to you. Yeah, I know Karma can be a b!tch sometimes(Shouldn't have said this), but try to close your airs and 'pray' for the good to happen to you.

With all this said, I can easily induce that my advice was of utmost unutility.

(edited)

I always eat everything on the plate, I grew up being told that if I won´t do it the weather will be bad the next day xD.

Other than that I keep a distance from black cats, don´t walk under a ladder and I´m very careful if I have to carry a mirror around...

(and there´s a horseshoe in my car, brings luck, and I have a glove, a lucky cycling glove I wear sometimes)

Edited by Friendship_Cannon

(edited)

I will be the first (but now second) to say it here- I don't believe in a concept such as 'luck.'

I just believe that success is based on various other statistics such as your ability/skill and the probability of being able to 'win' at something, if the situation 'luck' is being applied to is a contest or giveaway/drawing. 

It's like taking a test- either you know your stuff or you don't. Let's say for example that it's a multiple choice test. So as I stated first, you know the information or you don't. If you don't, there's a probability of you guessing the individual questions correctly. Whether you're 'lucky' or not is all based on the probabilities. You might guess right, you may not. But I don't think 'luck' is necessarily involved in the process.

But as far as superstitious stuff goes? When I was younger, my school would give out ice cream at lunch if you got a smiley face on your plate at lunch- I would always cross my fingers but it never worked. Maybe some of the other users here can give some better 'superstitious' tips. img-1494164-1-smile.png

Edited by fluffpudge
  • Brohoof 1

I say to myself, "This will go bad, I will not be lucky this time either"... It doesn't work.

But if I say that everything's going to go my way, the same thing happens.

But I will keep on doing my thing, one day it will work, i hope.

But I don't believe that you can do something for luck, it just happens.

I don't really do anything for luck. Luck is just a term for the overall positivity or negativity of what happens. It's not altered by some mystical force.

However, if you know what you're doing, or know how to work probabilities, you can give yourself an edge anyway. And I suppose that if you genuinely believe that what you do will give you good luck, you might get a placebo thing going, but once you know it doesn't actually do anything, doesn't really do anything :/

• Brohoof 1

What I do for good luck? Some people might believe in luck, but I personally don't believe in luck because I don't need it. So, believe in what you want but at times luck can help.

I say to myself, "This will go bad, I will not be lucky this time either"... It doesn't work.

But if I say that everything's going to go my way, the same thing happens.

But I will keep on doing my thing, one day it will work, i hope.

But I don't believe that you can do something for luck, it just happens.

Your faith is weak. doubting even for a fraction of a second is enough to make your wishes in their dream-form.

In other note, there is something that connects every human being, which is alocated deep inside our brain, that percepts things before they actually happen. Somewhat like destiny. It was  traced, and you shall follow it. There are but a hundred persons who can control that destiny instead of being controled by it.

I am one of them. Meditation and a path to light made me closer to Nirvana; This is a state of pure harmony and inner peace, which is the second step towards ascension.

My grandfather has done the same thing every year to have good luck, and that is when we go over to his house for new years eve, and he eats one herring from the bottle. He then passes it around and anyone that wants good luck will take one and eat it. happy.png  Rather amusing IMO.

That and just evode bad luck things xD

I don't really do much for the superstitious kind of luck. I can only think of one thing that I do in the name of good luck: give my dog some rubs and hugs wub.png. It serves more as a feel-good kind of motivator. I even thank her for all her hard work after I finish/succeed.

Well I'm Irish so I guess I'm already lucky ( Joking about the already lucky part :D ).  My advice for you would just be to think positively throughout the day and you'll start to do things in a positive way and that will help in achieving your goals. 

• Brohoof 1

I am usually a pessimist. So to have luck I assume, that even then, when nothing can possibly go wrong, it will go wrong. And when it doesn't go wrong, I feel lucky. Most of the time, this works. The only cases when it doesn't work are mostly those that go wrong, because I was not prepared for the situation, but knew it before and so I can not even disappoint myself due to my pessimism. And all the other, unexpected stuff? Well mosltly nothing good or bad happens out of nowhere in my life, so I think I have luck in that way that nothing bad happens. So I don't feel the need to do something to have luck. Maybe I just have luck without doing anything.  

luck?? i am in the Razgriz Air Command Squadron (When history witnesses a great change, Razgriz reveals its self, first as a dark demon. As a demon, it uses its power to rain death upon the land, and then it dies. However, after a period of slumber, Razgriz returns, this time as a great hero.) luck always seems to be with me or on my side. I really don't do anything beside wear a silver chain with a cross that i found in the sand, carry my 1st pocket knife i own and have a 1956 two shillings and other coins in my wallet.

• Brohoof 1

If you want to change the 'luck' you're having then the best thing to do is to change your mindset. What I mean by that is to be more confident (easier said than done I know), but studies have shown that people who think good things are going to happen for them normally have more good things happen to them than those who don't. 

It could just be a stretch of unfortunate things happening for you and sometimes the best thing to change that is to start putting yourself in situations where only good things can happen (win-win scenarios). Its on you to do that though. Then your mindset will start to change as well.

Personally I'm a believer in 'karma' more than luck. I believe everything balances itself out in the end. I'm a big math guy so its easier to rationalize 'karma' than it is 'luck'. When you have things such as stats and probabilities to disprove things like 'luck' its just hard to really believe, but that doesn't stop me from having a happy disposition on things and being confident that everything will balance out in the end.

I'm a bit superstitious thanks to my father's absurdly weird habits. I grew up seeing my father burning a lot of papers that make funny smells and pouring some kind of rice wine on a statue, or something like that. Up to this day I still can't leave my room without checking every corners and nooks for... something, I don't know, and I like to put even number of items in my bag and my pockets. I guess it's just my slight case of OCD

To check to see if I have any luck on any given day, I go outside, go to the nearest tree, run around it 19 times, aimlessly walk in any direction, regain field of vision, spot a leprechaun, murder it using the horn of a fallen unicorn, collect the Lucky Charms spilling out of it's stomach, go back inside, pour the Lucky Charms into the bathtub, fill the bathtub with Dihydrogen Monoxide, then wait for Trixie to manifest from the tub. If everything else besides Trixie manifesting goes well, then that means that I have "okay" luck for the day. If Trixie does manifest, then I would be the most luckiest man in the world.

(edited)

Oh, luck exists all right. And I find the harder I work... the luckier I get. Heh.

Things I do absentmindedly include not stepping on sidewalk cracks, or any transition in flooring (carpet to wood, different colored tiling). If I do step on a crack, I have to step on a crack with my other foot too to balance it out. Also, whenever I turn around I feel the need to turn back around in the other direction or it just isn't "right".

Edited by Sky Chaser

I keep my Pinkie Pie keychain around and kiss it for luck.

Though I once found a four leaf clover in school. Best day I ever had.

But, if I'm really down on my luck, I gather all my little objects, like my hat, gloves, etc. and wear them around for a bit.

Hell, I even have a lucky wrench.

In a string of bad luck, I do things to attract more bad luck to my life in a controlled environment, to rid myself of said bad luck. When I have done so, I find that my luck runs well for quite some time. Hope that helps.

I go and sacrifice a goat to appease the gods to relieve me of my bad luck. mellow.png

Nawww,just messin' with ya.I actually just follow the flow and let fate take it's course,as fate deemed me to have such luck in those moments,be it for better or worse.

I do not believe that there is a such thing as luck. However, I do believe that your thoughts and actions form your future. If you allow negative emotions to overpower you, it becomes easy to amplify problems into unnecessarily large problems, which also makes it harder and harder to see the good in life, which in turn further amplifies problems.