Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What do you do with your problems?

SoundRaptured

Simple enough.

Do you tell others about them? Or do you just get over them yourself? How do you treat your problems?

I never tell anybody about my problems, and when I do I word it wrong so they think I'm overreacting to nothing. that happens A LOT. XD I usually just bury them in my emotions and pretend they don't exist. I want to tell people about them but I feel like I'll annoy them or seem self centered :(

anyways, go right ahead!

• Brohoof 2

I don't care about other peoples' problems. At least not that much.

Because of this, I don't expect others to care about mine.

If I am asked, I will tell, but I'm never going to ask someone to talk with me about them.

I don't really have any problems, anyway.

If there's anything I can do to help the situation, I would do it, but most of the time I just wait it out. My problems end sooner or later

I also despise talking to others about my problems, and I hate it even more when people ask me about my problems

I keep everything to myself. I just.. don't want to tell people stuff about them. Of course, there is always this point where I hold too much problems "inside me" and I start "venting". In real life, I tell jokeish things about them. On the internet, I mix in my problems in my posts/comments. Luckily, it only lasts a week or two, so people don't have to hear me bitching a lot. ^^. Plus, now I can vent in SASforums (yay).

And, I usually let time do the work for me... I'm a bit too weak to solve my problems alone (at least most of them).

For the most part, I keep my problems to myself. It's hard for me to be open with people since I have a slight "trust" issue with whether or not they mean what they say or they're just rolling their eyes in their mind. Even if I do tell people of my problems (usually because it's beaten out of me), it's quite vague and tells only of key points. I'd just rather deal with them myself (discussing it to the air) and have it slowly fade away, than burden someone with my petty problems.

For the most part, I keep my problems to myself. It's hard for me to be open with people since I have a slight "trust" issue with whether or not they mean what they say or they're just rolling their eyes in their mind. Even if I do tell people of my problems (usually because it's beaten out of me), it's quite vague and tells only of key points. I'd just rather deal with them myself (discussing it to the air) and have it slowly fade away, than burden someone with my petty problems.

That's basically what I do. I can only really touch on the surface of my problems verbally.

another thing is that other people are the cause of my problems so I cant really talk to them about it (friends, family members etc.)

What do I do with my problems? I go beyond not telling anybody else, I hide them so deep down that I go into a state of denial and try to live my life as if they never happened.

Not all of them, there are many issues that I'm able to talk out with others. I don't mind telling others about my problems, unless I'm too a point of being too scared to be helped. (Note: Because I notice this could easily be taken the wrong way, I will say it now to dispel any of such assumptions: the problems I speak of are not anything that anybody has done to me)

(edited)

Most of my "problems" can be solved with a hack saw and a woodchipper. 

But seriously, I don't talk to others about my problems, period. Except once in a blue moon, ha said Blue Moon's name, when I tell my brother just the mere tip of the iceberg of my problems. So ya, they just  usually fester inside of me or I deal with them myself.

img-1499671-1-E4cd5177c7e797037a2a10ee0e

I'm a tumor, I'm a tumor! 

Edited by Dark Moon
  • Brohoof 1

I usually just hide my problems deep inside of me, and I usually don't like to talk about my problems. When it comes to other peoples problems, then I'll just ask them what's wrong and if they don't want to talk about it then I will stop.

When it comes to problems, I keep my problems to myself unless someone asks me. Then I go down into a spiral of depression.

When i have small problem, I just sit and think...
When i have serious problems, I also just sit and think "but for longer time"
In other words, I'm that kind of guy who always tries to solve his own problems...

• Brohoof 1

If something is troubling me, i usually keep it to myself for a while and mull it over and once i feel i can express the problem well verbally, i consult my parents. Sometimes they make me regret it but in most cases, parents are ultimately wise.

I usually write about how I'm feeling then throw it away unless it's good.  I'll then convert it into lyrics.  Though I like listening to other peoples problems more then I like worrying about mine

I actually don't talk about my problems.In fact,I've only talked about a few of my many,many,many problems with three people.I have massive trust issues with people,so I rarely feel comfortable talking about anything personal with others.I just try my best to forget and live in the present,y'know?Nobody needs to lug around their baggage everywhere.

Strange, for some reason my post isn't here when I remember posting here before.

Anyway, when I have problems, I usually do not care and leave it behind. But when I do fix them, I like fixing them myself, and if I can't solve it by myself for whatever reason, I ask someone I trust to help, and work with them to solve it.

Generally speaking, I just don't have problems. Most of the time, my optimistic outlook simply prevents me from viewing things as major problems.

But, when I do have something problematic going on, I'll try to fix it myself. If that doesn't work, I typically let it boil a bit, then seek help. I know this is a somewhat conniving way of doing it, but letting it get a bit more severe makes it more dramatic when I seek assistance, making it more likely that the person will take it seriously. The last thing I'd need in such a case is someone just brushing it off.

It largely depends on the severity and material of the problem. If it's a minor problem about something stupid, I'll just deal with it myself. Opposite if it's something big that actually matters.

I do the same thing that any healthy individual with problems does, I bury them down deep inside. In all honesty it really depends on what the actual problem is. There's too many ways to answer such a question when speaking in broad terms. Some problems take years to overcome, because you've been doing things a certain way for so long. It's difficult to change your ways, and hard to break old habits.

I tell some peoples about my problems, but not all of them, I only keep some to myself though. Like, relationship problems for example. Me and my girlfriend handle them ourselves

I don't usually tell anybody when I have a problem, unless they ask because they say they notice something different, like my attitude or just more stressed out... then I'd tell them.  Otherwise I just keep it all secret

I drink.

...Just kidding. Sort of. Well, not really. Let's not go there. yay.png

Anyway, like many of you, I don't often feel the need to burden anypony with my problems...unless they're gargantuan problems and I really need help. It's kind of funny (and sad at the same time), but I've always been the "go-to guy" for my best friend, Slip, whenever he had a problem. I'd always be patient and hear him out, no matter what...because that's what friends do, right? Well, despite me acting as his voice of reason so many times, I've rarely gone to him with my own problems. I guess it's just because I prefer to give more than I receive in a relationship. Besides, the few times that I have gone to vent to him, his responses merely amounted to "Bummer, dude!", so I've learned not to expect much sympathy from him.

(edited)

If I'm having a problem that I feel I need assistance with, I usually go to whomever I think could help me the most with it. 

For example, with serious personal issues, I would go to one of my close friends. The close friend could be someone I know either online or in person. Depending on the issue, I might also go to my parents. When I used to be depressed, I also saw a psychologist regularly. Thankfully, I am long past those dark times. 

On these forums, specifically, there are certain people I turn to when I need help. For general personal matters, I turn to Fizz or Orca, though I usually contact Orca elsewhere. They are two of my close friends. When I need spiritual guidance, I turn to thereisnospoon303, due to the fact that he is a graduate student in theology. Despite the fact that, unlike him, I am not a Christian, his wisdom has assisted me in times of need. When I have questions about life as an adult, I turn to Artemis, who I have identified as a person highly capable of giving excellent advice about such matters in the past. When I have questions about programming, I turn to feld0. 

When it comes to matters of a highly sensitive or personal nature, there are a small number of people who I feel comfortable sharing such information with. There are some matters that I would only discuss with a certain individual whom I have known in person for years, who is one of my best friends. 

Thankfully, the large majority of the time, I am not going through any serious problems. What I try to do when I do have an internal conflict is to address it myself through a multifaceted approach, consisting of positive thinking, reasonable thinking, and logical analyzation. When an internal conflict does become upsetting to a degree that would cause me to seek help from others, I find comfort in the fact that there are a wide variety of people I can turn to.

Edited by SCS

I fix them. I'm a hardcore problem solver. I'm always looking for ways to improve my life and make things more convenient for myself.