Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What do you do with your problems?

SoundRaptured

I keep them to myself for the most part; I hate feeling like I'm dragging other people down with me. It doesn't matter what kind of problems I'm facing or how much trouble they're putting me through; if you're asking, my answer is "I'm fine" or "everything's okay". Heck, I tell myself that too, all the time. Lie to yourself enough times and you may just believe it.

From their the problems are either solved or shelved because I just don't want to look at or deal with them. Things usually get solved in the end even if it's a little (and sometimes super) late.

I usually keep my problems to myself.. Bottling 'em all up! D:

Except for several random little tiny problems, to random people.

This leads me to paranoia and random depressions. ^___^

Which then I just go all emotionally crazy for a while, and just cry my heart out til I feel better and sleep. 

For some reason, I can't tell anyone about any major problems of mine without crying a river.. But I've been so used to bottling things up, I'm okay with it. c:

Edited by Keezuw

Depends on the problem.

On a personal level, no one knows about them. I'll figure it out, and if I can't, I'll bring it up as a joke in a conversation. 

Now if I actually can't figure something out, I'll just go and ask someone that knows, though I try to figure it out for myself before relying on others.

It depends on the problem sometimes I will talk to or confide in someone, sometimes I will try to solve it like a puzzle ,run away from it, lash out at others or bottle it up until I blow or some combination of what I have mentioned as well as a few other things. I have had some serious problems for a while now and have foolishly tried to suppress them because I didn't know how else to deal with them, I am now at the point where I can barely function (on some days not even) and have no idea how much longer I can hold on. I am seeing a psychologist tomorrow, one I used to see in my kid and teen years that knew me very well but I will need to come up with some sort of plan to solve the problems that brought this on.

Edited by EarthbendingProdigy

Depending on the severity of the problem, I can do multiple things.

Not too severe: Listen to some inspirational music and then face the problem head on.

Severe: Keep the issue bottled up and try to deal with it gradually.

very severe: Keep the problem in the front of my brain for perhaps a few days, but deal with it alone.

Serious severity: Spend several days in deep thought and concern, then eventually talk to my best friend about it.

I have only had one moment where I reached a serious problem; it's essentially the point where I've told myself that I can't handle the issue alone. It takes a lot of stress for me to get to that point, I admit I can be a bit stubborn and not accept help when I actually need it...

I talk about them, I'm very open about my feelings, more so with friends. I find that most of my problems are too much for me to handle alone, sharing my thoughts and feelings on something stops it from becoming more than I can take, sometimes. If I don't vent about something that's bothering me the problem will just build up in my mind, telling someone almost always makes me feel better.

I have a particular embarrassing issue, something I thought I would never tell anyone about, although I wanted to. I ended up telling a friend about this problem, and it made me feel so much better just that someone else knew about it. And they were very supportive and understanding. I suppose it takes the right kind of person for you to be able to open up about your personal issues, but having someone like that is worth so much to me.

It really depends on what kind of problem I'm having. If I have a problem with a person, I usually talk to them about it and let them know why something upset me and try to figure out a compromise. If I have a problem overall, I usually deal with it myself through art or writing. I usually paint my feelings away or make lists of how to deal with the problem. It helps me :)

This isn't healthy but I don't like to make others worry about me so I tend to throw on a fake smile and let everyone think I'm fine. Then I just cram my problems down inside of me for me and me alone to deal with, Ive never talked to anyone about my emotional problems, not even my family. I find that listening to music helps me drown out my problems better than trying to go to someone who will probably just laugh at me. Honestly I wish I could trust someone to listen to me or to just let someone in my head but I find it very hard to trust others. It usually just ends up with me being hurt.

• 1 year later...

For a while, I was very open- maybe annoyingly so- about my problems, but now I think it's just selfish of me, and pointless too, in a way, so I try to hold everything in instead and stop depressing others with them. :) And I try to make myself feel better too, obviously, by keeping myself occupied with some of my pastimes or talking with friends (not about my problems, though), and listening to whatever music cheers me up.

Edited by Senpai~

I'm always happy to listen to other people problems, but I only tell a select few mine, and I try to keep it to a minimum even if I have a lot to say....I try to forget my problems exist, I think it seems to be working decently lol

I'm a great listener and good at giving advice so if someone has problems I help them.....

as for my own problems I take them, spit on their faces, and turn shit around.... depending on what it is.... most of my problems tend not to bother me