Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What do you do with your problems?

SoundRaptured

I usually keep things to myself and try to manage it quietly. If it's something really troublesome I tend to get grim and quiet until someone asks what's wrong and, after a degree of coaxing, I 'reluctantly' confide in them and accept help, insisting all the while I can handle it on my own. 

• Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...

I keep them inside and let them rip up my innards until I'm sick. But if others notice and offer to help, I accept if things get too hard to handle on my own. I don't usually like to involve others in my problems, but it doesn't have to be about pride. It's just plain intelligent to get rid of a problem rather than letting it screw up your life.

Edited by Narcissus

• 1 month later...

I keep them to myself. I don't really have anyone to go to who can help me with my shit, so I'm just stuck holding them by myself. I bottle them up and don't let anyone see them.

Of course, that has the added effect of turning me into a hyper-defensive prick. That, and those problems usually don't get better by themselves, so I get hurt a lot.

But well, better that than asking someone for help, right?

I'm a mess. ;3;

I run away from them. But not in the way you think it might be. No, I run away Monty Python style.

ff4

• Brohoof 3

I'm a bit stubborn, I usually keep my personal problems to myself unless they involve other peop- well that's a lie, I hold grudges with other people all the time because I don't want to tell them why I am upset with them. :mlp_huh:

Typically my husband, mother-in-law and sister-in-law are the only people I truly trust with my venting whether it's other people, personal problems or whatever. I don't like to feel like I'm whining and I really don't like that most people like to just try and throw solutions at you when you just want to vent. That's the most irritating thing in the world to me. So I usually just keep it to myself.

• Brohoof 1

Not sure if I've responded to this topic before but I'll assume I haven't.

Anyways I tend to try and finish the problem once I notice it. If I feel frustrated from it taking too long or I can't figure anything out then I take time off from it and work on something else. No need for wheel-spinning. Fixing the problem can involve asking for help if I believe it's necessary.

Mainly, I seem to bottle everything up inside until I can't take anymore then have a mental breakdown. At which point, I start the cycle over.

I'm treated but it doesn't help everything... especially not job stress. x__x

• 2 weeks later...

I tend to just keep my problems to myself as I don't want to burden others with them. I have lots of fears and worries which I find overwhelming at times but I guess I just try to bury them or bottle them up and try find a way to overcome them on my own. It's probably not the best thing to do but it feels like the only thing I can do.

• 3 weeks later...

I simply let them go, as I believe that it wastes my time; and time is so, so precious really. So if I have a problem with a person, I will try to talk with them, but if they're not willing to cooperate? I simply stop talking, as I don't waste time on trashy drama. If it's more of an administrative problem (I don't know,, rent or something), I usually try to fix it as fast as I can; I don't rely on others, not anymore

• Brohoof 1

Like character flaws or hardships?

For character flaws or personal faults, I just recognize that it doesn't really matter if I'm not as good as the next guy at certain things. In the past I might have thought of myself as a crappy person on occasion, but you just have to realize, it doesn't matter if you are awful at x or y and everyone else seems to understand it. We all have different skills. Some people have more skills than others. It's all okay.

Hardships: I do something else. Push them off until absolutely necessary, or close doors if I really don't want to deal with it.

I used to not tell anybody anything but a friend of mine was having some issues and talked to me about him which led to me talking about mine, so I talk with him. But with other people, I just feel like an emotional burden and too vulnerable (which I hate). I guess I’m the type of person you need to open up to first.

• 9 months later...