Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Arcade Gaming

qqq

Who here still goes down the arcade and fritters money away? I know I do. On this thread, you can say whether you still play at arcades, whether you think Arcade Gaming is a bygone idea or your favourite games at the arcade. 

I'm Playing:

·Time Crisis 3 (Such a large game. Adding the weapon change system definitely improved the series.

·GHOST Squad (Damn it! Why is it so hard to get IC Cards?)

And my new discovery:

·Let's go Jungle: Lost on the Island of Spice (Possibly the only arcade game to feature multiple endings)

Well....you're talking about fairly new games.....I'm still thinking of older ones.

Back when I lived in Australia my dad had an old dusty arcade cabinet in the garage. I could never see exactly what is was but It was surrounded with huge heavy boxes. One day I asked him and he eventually moved all the boxes into the attic. We than turned the garage into a sorta man-cave with a few old pinball ,a nines we bought and the mystery arcade machine.

When we turned it on guess what we saw?

Galaga. I got really far once. Like level 86. My dad got to something ridiculous like 143. I still have a lot of memories.

I also remember there was a mall right near we lived and in there was a giant arcade. It was two stories! This one was really popular but it's actually Benin downgraded to one floor. There were lots of racing and shooting games there. They even had a guitar hero arcade thing. I remember playing the jarrassic park game there.

Nostalgia galore.

(edited)

I freaking love arcade games and I'm really sad that they're almost dead in the United States. I ain't talkin' about those lame basketball hoop shooter things they have or those stupid little put a coin in and win tickets kind of thing; I'm talking about straight up video games that required you to pump in quarters. Seriously, they were great and even though I can't say I lived during the golden age of games, I can say that there was a nice arcade near my house when I was in elementary a school and would play lots of Dig Dug, DDR, and Guilty Gear all the freaking time.

I really don't like your average modern arcade excluding a few of the retro games or pinball machines they have. As I got older I cared less and less about the stupid tickets and cared more so about having fun in a freaking game which unfortunately nearly every arcade I go to these days is chocked full of these machines. Most of them don't even require me to do anything besides just push the one button they have and hope I get lucky. I like the I guess you can say more videogamey kinds of games better because they don't rely on tickets for money as much as they rely on making a fun and addicting experience that actually makes me wanna blow all of my quarters in there. Even as a kid I preferred this one place called Peter Piper to Chucky Cheese as Chucky Cheese was more of this ticket crap where as my local Peter Piper had a giant Soul Caliber cabinet, Capcom VS SNK 2, MVC2, Dig Dug, Gauntlet, and oh my god I can't even begin to name the amounts of titles they had.

To be honest I actually have gotten to the kill screen in a game of Pacman at an arcade somewhere in Ocean City MD. I didn't take a picture or anything because my phone was dead from taking all sorts of pictures beforehand, and judging from what I've seen the nearby arcades do, the machine that I was playing on may have had its scores wiped... But if you are ever in that area and see somebody named CHH on the screen with a really high score: that's me.

Oh yeah one more thing: I hate how everyone stopped using pinball machines and how they're essentially dead. I love pinball machines!

Edited by Lord Bababa

Even as a kid I preferred this one place called Peter Piper to Chucky Cheese as Chucky Cheese was more of this ticket crap where as my local Peter Piper had a giant Soul Caliber cabinet, Capcom VS SNK 2, MVC2, Dig Dug, Gauntlet, and oh my god I can't even begin to name the amounts of titles they had.

For my arcade games, I too have a choice of two places to go to:

· Laser Quest: Older games such as Tekken 2, Time Crisis 2, Need For Speed GT and the strangely addictive Point Blank 2 (lots of twos)

· Bowling Alley: Slightly more modern with titles like Fast & Furious: Super Bikes (lacks the save system cards), Dancing Stage Euro Mix, Outrun 2 and the light gun games I previously listed.

My favorite arcarde game of all time (Although I've never seen it in an arcade) is Xevious. My favorite that I've seen in an arcade is Galaga. I know, I love Namco games.

Other than that, I love Time Crisis 3, and Deal or No Deal.

I like Marvel Vs. Capcom, House of the Dead, Initial D, Pac-Man, Drumscape Druming Simulator, and the one Ive spent most of my time on is Dance Dance Revolution Supernova 2.

(edited)

The only games from such medium I play nowadays are in MAME or videogame compendiums like in the PS2 I own.  I have enjoyed many genres but the likes of Street Fighter and Tekken are my favorite.

Old school Arcade games are my poison though.

And yes,  I am indeed bad enough dude to rescue the President.

Edited by Trixie the Greatest