Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Tiffy111
Go to solution Solved by King,

When I go to my profile, it says I am offline. But it's not true! It never happened before, but that's what it's like right now. Can somepony help?

When I go to my profile, it says I am offline. But it's not true! It never happened before, but that's what it's like right now. Can somepony help?

If you choose to sign in as Anonymous, then it will make you appear offline. However, I can see you as online right now.

Try logging out and back in, making sure that you didn't click the anonymous box. Thats all I can recommend at this moment until I know more.

Well when you don't click anything on the forums for awhile it will say you are offline. Then if you click on your profile, your internet will load the page slighty faster than the forum will realize, so it will say your offline. Try refreshing the page a few times, I'm sure it will show you as online then. It is a very harmless thing, but if it stays saying offline for a long period of time, and you're not sign in as anonymous, I than suggest you submit a support ticket.

(edited)

EDIT: As something both Megamare mentioned and something Key had told me (That I had forgotten <_<) this is purely a Tech issue.

Your best bet is a Support Ticket, as while this may be a minor issue, it should be brought to the Tech Admins attention.

https://mlpforums.com/index.php?app=nexus&module=support&section=new

With that said, Id like to keep this thread open for a while just in case the issue is solved.

Edited by Dawn♥Rider

Actually, no. It's a technical issue <_<

I experienced the same problem, and Key Gear told me the "online" label is a bit glitchy. Sometimes it says you are offline, and there is nothing you can do about it.

To sum it up, it's just IP Board and its terrible coding.

• Brohoof 3

Actually, no. It's a technical issue <_<

I experienced the same problem, and Key Gear told me the "online" label is a bit glitchy. Sometimes it says you are offline, and there is nothing you can do about it.

To sum it up, it's just IP Board and its terrible coding.

This has already been established.

No other reason exists for this to be an issue, and I do remember now Key telling me of this. Thus why I recommended a support Ticket.

Things like these, while minor, still require the attention of the Tech Admin. Terrible coding in need of a fix...

This has already been established.

No other reason exists for this to be an issue, and I do remember now Key telling me of this. Thus why I recommended a support Ticket.

Things like these, while minor, still require the attention of the Tech Admin. Terrible coding in need of a fix...

I think it's un-fixable, if I remember correctly.

Actually, have the response he gave me:

Don't worry, this is actually working as intended. The "online" notification is only updated after a bit of a lag time. Because of this, it sometimes doesn't pick up when someone is actually available. There are a couple of cases when this happens.

If you are on a page for too long reading or posting, then it will guess that you are off-line even if you want. Then, it will take a few moments for it to actually pick up the fact that you are online again.

Sometimes, there is a delay after you login before the software marks you as being online. The same thing can happen if you navigate away from the page by following the link to another site.

Really, the online indicator is a bit "magical" on the technical side of things, so you should always expect for it to be more of an approximation than the real deal. :3

So to sum it up:

It's lag and stuff, nothing that can really be fixed.

• Brohoof 1

I think it's un-fixable, if I remember correctly.

Actually, have the response he gave me:

So to sum it up:

It's lag and stuff, nothing that can really be fixed.

Well then, Thank you for the quote ^_^

Key told me Via Skype, and there was no way Id find it in all those past chats O_O

Well then, with that being said, I see no reason to leave this topic open ^_^

As such, Im locking it up :)

Have a good day :)