1. 1. Do you like the toys

• I love them
    • I like them
    • At least they're show-accurate
    • I'm indifferent to them
    • I don't like them
    • I hate them
  2. 2. Will you buy them?

• I'm a collector, of course I'll buy them.
    • I'm a collector but they don't belong to my collection.
    • I'm interested in some of toys.
    • I'm not sure about it yet.
    • I'm not interested in any toys(including ponies).
    • I won't buy them.

(edited)

I'd like to know what do you think about the Equestria Girls Toys.

I'm personally indifferent to Equestria Girls and I don't buy any toys. Surprisingly, the toys appear to be more detailed and show accurate than pony toys.

post-13863-0-22680900-1369692922_thumb.jpg

Edited by MadPointer

Uhhhh...

Well...., at least they're colorful right?

That aside, I don't want to give any negative commentary, but I'm just going to say I don't like dolls.

Give them credit, at least it's somewhat show-accurate to the movie right?

• Brohoof 1

I can't help but shake that uncanny feeling of deja vu when I look at these. I know I've seen something like this while passing the toy isle at Target but I'm not sure what.

Anyway, I'm not planning on purchasing these just as I don't purchase the pony variants. Toys have never really been my thing but I'm sure the little ones will like these. 

(edited)

Those toys are crap they look nothing like the mane 6 do in the advert 

post-9988-0-96813400-1369693350_thumb.png

Hair wrong, Face shape wrong, Body shape wrong, Outfit wrong.

When they come up with these toys how come the Official toys always look like cheap mass produced junk.

I am actually looking forward to seeing Equestria girls and will probably buy the bluray but I will not be investing money in the merch if that is all they have to offer.

Edited by mycarhasaMoustache
  • Brohoof 2

(edited)

Wow... um, those are, well... uh...

Even less show accurate than the pony toys were. Let's be thankful the Mane Six don't look like that in the movie. For all of the complaining we've done about the designs of the Equestria Girls characters, this is proof that things could've been so much worse.

I wasn't interested in these toys anyway, so it's alright.

Rainbow Dash and Applejack in those frilly, girly girl outfits. WHYYYYEEEE????

Edited by Sugar Cube
  • Brohoof 1

Dear god this is going to be Bratz all over again.

This whole Equestria girls thing seems like its going to pass over like a lead zeppelin. Only time will tell, but I have a bad feeling about it all

• Brohoof 2

When they come up with these toys how come the Official toys always look like cheap mass produced junk.

Because of China mang! We can't have any good, thoroughly thought out merch when it takes months to produce while costing only $10 for our beloved customers. 

Now that I think about it, it's a very good possibility that they used a preexisting mold and just altered it slightly so that it looks new. Wouldn't surprise me really, it's easier to edit something than to create something new unto itself. 

Because of China mang! We can't have any good, thoroughly thought out merch when it takes months to produce while costing only $10 for our beloved customers. 

Now that I think about it, it's a very good possibility that they used a preexisting mold and just altered it slightly so that it looks new. Wouldn't surprise me really, it's easier to edit something than to create something new unto itself. 

but they are terrible they look like someone describe the mane 6 via a cb radio and thats all the toy people had to work with How come Hasbro hasn't realised if they made decent show accurate toys that they would sell very very well rather then the cheap tat they fart out atm.

Meh. I agree that they look nothing like how they're "supposed to" (since when have pony toys been show accurate anyway?), but they're not the worst toy dolls I've ever seen. I won't be getting them (not that I buy any merch anyway), but they could be a lot worse.

(edited)

but they are terrible they look like someone describe the mane 6 via a cb radio and thats all the toy people had to work with How come Hasbro hasn't realised if they made decent show accurate toys that they would sell very very well rather then the cheap tat they fart out atm.

It still comes down to cost per toy VS how much the consumer wishes to spend on it. If Hasbro went with highly detailed, 90% show accurate goodies then not only would manufacturing costs skyrocket but so would the cost for consumers wishing to buy it. Ah, but then why can't Hasbro make something like the Vinyl collectibles which are floating around the net? It's because toys like this are meant to be manipulated (arms, legs, head) and thus have a higher chance of being broken. If the toy cost $15+ on average, parents would likely not let their kids buy them. You'd be surprised how convincing taking an extra $5 off is when someone wants to buy something. 

Besides, America hasn't had the best reputation for designing accurate toys for quite some time now and dolls such as this still need to have some connection to the familiar. I highly doubt Hasbro was planning on marketing EqG towards collectors and more towards little ones. 

Edited by Accellerant

According to EQD these stupid piles of cheap crap are just prototypes the real models will not have wings or ears and will have different faces and outfits http://www.equestriadaily.com/2013/05/equestria-girls-dolls-appear.html

I updated the thread title. I hope it doesn't break the poll. We'll be able to compare these with final designs when they come out.

• Brohoof 1

Oh good lord. It begins. Anyone else have that feeling Hasbro is trying to get rid of us? First Derpy is confirmed to be removed, then the C&D with Fighting is Magic, Trixie and Discord's reformations, and good lord S3E13. And now... The devil's toys.

(edited)

Oh good lord. It begins. Anyone else have that feeling Hasbro is trying to get rid of us? First Derpy is confirmed to be removed, then the C&D with Fighting is Magic, Trixie and Discord's reformations, and good lord S3E13. And now... The devil's toys.

No I dont get that since derpy came back, The  C&D with fighting is magic was fair game since they did not ask for permission to use the copyrighted material. Trixie was not reformed she just apologized for being a jerk then disappeared. As for discords reform personally I like the idea of that because I know for a fact Megan Mccarthy has a big plan for him at some point and these "toys" were never intended for bronies in the first place.

Edited by mycarhasaMoustache

No I dont get that since derpy came back, The  C&D with fighting is magic was fair game since they did not ask for permission to use the copyrighted material. Trixie was not reformed she just apologized for being a jerk then disappeared. As for discords reform personally I like the idea of that because I know for a fact Megan Mccarthy has a big plan for him at some point and these "toys" were never intended for bronies in the first place.

Sorry for having opinions :( By the way, there are ALOT of MLP videos and games floating around the internet without permission. Also, I'm curious, when did Derpy get back in? I heard she is confirmed removed for S4.

(edited)

Oh, God, i Cannt stop laughting looking on these toys.

I feel i've found out something. Discord had been reinformed? Check. He is spirit of chaos? Check. Mmmmm... I guess only he can design such toys.

No... Seriously just look at Rarity's face. That's priceless laugh.png

Edited by IceBeerG
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

Wow those things are pretty ugly. I really don't like them...at all. Then again Hasbro has been pretty awful at making any if the mlp toys bearable to look at until recently. Good God that pink Celestia toy was bad! No her wings were not pretty! Yeah not diggin these, though maybe the actual product will be better.

edit: you know actually I hate them. They are just soooo ugly to me. again maybe the final toy will be better but man these are bad. 

Edited by Anadu Kune

those are... great i really like her.....mane? 

no, hey they at least look like the show, but i dont like the design of them, they look like barbies 

Sorry for having opinions sad.png By the way, there are ALOT of MLP videos and games floating around the internet without permission. Also, I'm curious, when did Derpy get back in? I heard she is confirmed removed for S4.

Well Fighting is magic was the most prominent game. All one has to do to get a game C&D is to email Hasbro about it. Yep that's it, its as simple as that. The second that EVO thing happened I knew. Derpy appeared a number of times in the background of Magical Mystery Cure. As for her appearance in season 4, we will just have to wait and see. If your referring to that rumor then no it was almost certainly fake.

Sorry for having opinions sad.png By the way, there are ALOT of MLP videos and games floating around the internet without permission. Also, I'm curious, when did Derpy get back in? I heard she is confirmed removed for S4.

Mmm.. I never really heard anything about the legitimate removal of derpy. Though, she appears many many many times in the S3 finale. Winking at the audience at one point! Plus there's this too (though could be photoshopped):

248469__safe_rainbow-dash_pinkie-pie_der

Mmm.. I never really heard anything about the legitimate removal of derpy. Though, she appears many many many times in the S3 finale. Winking at the audience at one point! Plus there's this too (though could be photoshopped):

img-1503489-2-248469__safe_rainbow-dash_

Oh my. I just rewatched the s3 finale. Derpy DID wink. At first, I thought it was a very clever photoshop, but turns out she really was there. Maybe Hasbro, or one of the animators is sneaking in a little hint that Derpy isn't dead :D Man, Winter can't come any sooner!

• Brohoof 1

Maybe Hasbro, or one of the animators is sneaking in a little hint that Derpy isn't dead biggrin.png Man, Winter can't come any sooner!

Hehe! That's how I interpreted her appearances! The episode is practically littered with Derpys! I think I heard someone count 7 sightings... I don't really remember though. And maybe that thought is my wishful mind exaggerating reality. But I can confirm one thing for you!

Winter is approaching too slowly.