Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Games you hate that everyone else likes

HOi i'm tEMMIE

Well, I can't say I hate any particular video games,

However, there are plenty of immensely over rated games that I just couldn't stand playing (Zelda, Sonic, Star fox, and plenty of "90's kids games") linear, boring, and the outlandish settings and fantasy aren't really my cup of tea, but hey, maybe it's just because I didn't grow up playing video games.

haha .  Complaining about games is how I got my screen name.  I have to make this post quick so I'll leave my top 2.

This first one gets me the most hate mail in forums.

Dark Souls.  It is just frustrating to play on it's own before you start having griefers invade your world and there is no story to keep me interested.  No there isn't fanboy, a single sentence on a loading screen does not make a story (had this argument with a friend).  Worst waste of money I have ever spent on a game.  

SaGa Series.  I was so confused playing Romancing SaGa and suddenly the starter monsters were able to one hit kill me and I was not damaging them at all anymore.  Had to look up a guide online to find out that you level linearly.  The monsters level up with you exponentially.     The way to beat the game is not to play.  Literally.  You avoid all battles so you'll be level 1 for all the forced boss battles. How was that seen as a good idea?  

world of warcraft. "hey go get me 40 FLOWER PETALS" flower petals. thats a quest. go get em yourself :P.

but seriously, i just cant seem to get into it, and i dont like the task system.

I HATED Final Fantasy 12. Especially after finding out who the main hero was supposed to be. They dumped the idea though because "fans wouldn't like an adult hero", and they gave us shirtless belly vest as the main hero instead. Of course, the original writer to 12 left Square after that since they took his idea, flushed it down the toilet, hunted down the remains of it in the sewer system, and turned that into a game instead...

WHY WAS HE NOT THE HERO!?!?!?

Basch-final-fantasy-xii-13823563-312-283

I would have to say Darksouls and Darksouls 2 it looks like a nice RPG at first but then its just bull crap where the mobs are always stronger then you unless you pick the knight class after I beat the second boss in Darksouls I deleted the game and decided to never play it again there are also other reasons I deleted the game  I expected something like an open world game and it was more like run from point A to point B and I couldn't get the soap stone to work and that's the main reason I deleted the game not because of the mobs

I also hate Wrestling games like WWE the game and similar stuff I'm pretty good at them I just don't like them

and I hate sports games FIFA the game NFL the game NBA the game etc if I wanted to play any of those sports I would just buy the necessary equipment and get some friends not spend money on games like that

Minecraft, I actually get nauseous when I play it. I remember playing on a bus once and I thought I was gonna throw up  :wacko:

that's called motion sickness when your ears are telling your brain your in motion but your eyes aren't it confuses the brain it also works the other way....... its not because of the game..... or it could be I dunno

Edited by Snowflake Frostflame
  • Brohoof 3

I would have to say Darksouls and Darksouls 2 it looks like a nice RPG at first but then its just bull crap where the mobs are always stronger then you unless you pick the knight class after I beat the second boss in Darksouls I deleted the game and decided to never play it again

I picked deprived and hardly ever died, but I'm super cautious. It does say Prepare to Die on it. lol Your character dying multiple times is actually part of what makes your character who he/she is in the story as well. A lot of people don't know that, but your supposed to be an undead that constantly comes back to face these all powerful god beings who think little of your kind. Dying is actually all part of mastering it, but that, of course, makes it where it's not a game for everybody. :)

I hate pac-man. In fact, I hate most arcade games outside of Street Fighter games.

that's called motion sickness when your ears are telling your brain your in motion but your eyes aren't it confuses the brain it also works the other way....... its not because of the game..... or it could be I dunno

Interesting...playing the game now probably awakens memories that have been stuck in my mind since

The Call of Duty series. Dull, repetitive, ridiculous storyline, abysmal gameplay and rage-inducing multiplayer. I don't see how ANYONE could like it.

The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion. I went into this game expecting it to be as epic as Skyrim (which is my all-time favourite game). Boy, my expectations were a bit too high. It just felt very clunky and mediocre compared to Skyrim

I pretty much hate any game that encourages a single person's domination over others....

So you hate every single game in existence? :/

I can't stand boishock infinite. To me, it's one of the most overrated video games of all time. Once I looked past the pretty scenery & skyboxes, I saw that the actual gameplay is highly repetive, and it got boring really fast. And I thought the story just wasn't as engaging to me as it was with other people. I don't understand how this game got such high scores, it deserves a 6 or 7 rather than a 10. *flame shield up*

I wouldn't use the term "hate" exactly, but..

Most Valve games - Besides for a few exceptions, such as GMod (if that counts), Portal and Half-Life, I honestly really can't get into much Valve games, Team Fortress 2 included.

Sonic Adventure 2 - Only about 1/3rd of the game is good. The Tails/Eggman stages were slow, and the Knuckles/Rouge stages were tedious. And what's worse is, you HAD to do these to progress on through the game. And the soundtrack isn't NEARLY as good as everyone says it is, most of them being just annoying generic songs. Funny, because I LIKE one of the most hated Sonic games, Sonic 3D Blast, yet I don't like this at all.

"Mario Party" series - Now, first of all, I am a HUGE Mario fan. In fact, my favorite game of all time is Super Mario World. But Mario Party is full of tedious minigames and a boring-ass single-player mode. The latter wouldn't be a problem with me, but I don't have many IRL friends, so that's what I'm stuck playing as. I'll also say I even bought Mario Party 2 on the Wii Virtual Console (because it's probably the most popular Mario Party game), and even that was boring as heck. Good thing it was only Club Nintendo points I wasted, I would've been even more pissed if it was actual Wii console points.

Slender Man games - How is these game scary, again?

I would say Call of Duty, but to be honest, pretty much everyone says it's overrated nowadays so I'll keep my mouth shut.

The Zelda games as a whole. I just don't really see why they're so special. I've never enjoyed any that I've tried.

Minecraft is... eh. It's got its good points, they're just not for me.

CoD series. "Here, have the same game we made years ago, but with reskinned guns, reskinned environments, and ZOMBIES! All we as is $60 every 6 months or so."  >_>

Dark Souls is a series that I don't hate really, but I think the games get waaaaaaay too much praise. Sure, they are challenging, but they are very restrictive in terms of choices to me.

Lost Odyssey on the 360. It gets so much praise for its story and gameplay and being a 'classic' JRPG experience, but most of it seemed really annoying to me. Especially how random battles basically served no purpose other than to distract you.

All of the new Naruto fighting games. I am not a fan of Naruto anymore but I loves the Ultimate Ninja games on the PS2. Now, they seem a lot more shallow but they still sell a lot.

There are others but my brain is not in thinking mode. XP

The Call of Duty series. Dull, repetitive, ridiculous storyline, abysmal gameplay and rage-inducing multiplayer. I don't see how ANYONE could like it.

The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion. I went into this game expecting it to be as epic as Skyrim (which is my all-time favourite game). Boy, my expectations were a bit too high. It just felt very clunky and mediocre compared to Skyrim

So you hate every single game in existence? :/

Morrowind is fav TES game

• Brohoof 1

Destiny.

• The games always online, which is very annoying.
  • Low level cap for a game with RPG elements
  • The looting system is terrible
  • Terrible story with a lifeless character that you control with an annoying sidekick
  • We were promised advanced levels of customization and we got very basic product with pre made choices and color options with small cosmetics
  • A number of missions are co op forced and you know how people are online, especially co op games
  • Also Bungie promising 10 years of content? I want a complete game, not a game that's promised DLC for X amount of years that will make me spend the same, if not more money than what I paid for the game initially.

It was a very sub par game at best, not the "Next gen, biggest IP hit of the century" level that everyone hypes it up to be.

I've played a game that has RPG elements with a good loot mechanic, it was called Borderlands.

I've played a game that has guys in armor running around, it was called Halo.

This is usually the light hearted responses people get when they point out the cons on a game like Destiny.

post-25040-0-50170200-1412730286_thumb.jpg

I usually don't put this many cons on a game but this one..oh boy this game.

• Brohoof 3

Most of these are not quite games I "hated" per say, but they are games I found to be "meh" at best, particularly when compared to the more popular opinions of them.

Borderlands Series - Good with friends, but otherwise I find that it becomes a daunting grind someway into it. Now I know getting your friends together is a way to play it but I don't think this excuses it for me.

Quite a few Valve titles - I have nothing against Valve as a company, as I hold them in high regard for their relationship to their fanbase and the way they do their business, but often I find their games are quite overhyped and while still fun they ultimately don't leave a lasting impression on me and I often only find them fun in the right mood, often for different reasons depending on which game.

There are a whole host of games that do absolutely nothing for me:

Sports Games - No explanation needed.

Elder Scrolls Series - I am generally a fan of open ended CRPGs, but Elder Scrolls suffers from a rather grind heavy leveling mechanic, a mediocre combat system, and generally bland quest and story lines.  Oddly enough, I really enjoyed the rather similar Fallout 3, because it corrects precisely these problems.

Final Fantasy 9 - I absolutely hate this game, it largely killed my love of the Final Fantasy series.  After playing FF 6 and 7, this was a huge step back, with a lot of the character customization and gameplay elements found in the previous series gutted.  Not liking the story, characters, character art or villian didn't help much either.

Pokemon Series - I tried playing one of the Pokemon games and it got boring fast.  It basically uses the Final Fantasy menu driven combat system, but while final fantasy does group on group combat, this is one on one, further simplifying an already simplistic combat system.  It was just boring an not even owning my own pet dragon could salvage this game.

Nintendo Series - Nintendo has made some of the best video games out there, but that was a while ago.  Games like Mario 3, Super Mario World, Link to the Past, Super Metroid, Metroid Prime, Mario Kart 64 and Super Smash Brothers are all classics.  But as Nintendo released endless sequels to all these series they seemed to get progressively worse and I have long since lost interest in them.

Legend of Zelda Spirit Tracks - I have already touched on Nintendo's decay but Spirit Tracks is its own special category of awful.  I purchased this game hoping a return to a two-dimensional Zelda might provide me with gameplay reminiscent of Link to the Past, but it has a down right awful and crippled touchpad control scheme that makes otherwise simply actions feel like pulling teeth, a hideous art style and the classic Zelda overworld with a emphasis on free exploration was replaced by a hideous model train minigame.  I have heard Phantom Hourglass is even worse, but I am not touching any more DS Zelda games to find out.

The Sims - I find the premise behind the Sims so uninteresting I haven't even bothered to play it.

Battlefield Series - These games sound like a lot of fun on paper.  In practice, your little more than a Pinata for people who are impossibly good at this game, and the aviation aspect of these games are practically inaccessible to anyone who doesn't play this thing 24/7, so don't expect to spend any significant amount of time flying helos in this game.  In fact, your likely to get killed by your own teammates for even trying.  I vastly prefer Planetside 2 over this series.

DOTA 2 - This is like playing League of Legends in a drug induced haze.  A terrible UI, gimmicky item system, and excessive limits on the use of special abilities really sucks the joy out of this game.

Edited by Twilight Dirac

Wow, so many opinions. Me likey.

As for me, there's no hate for me, just dislike.

CoD/BF. obvious, no new stuff and so forth

Zelda, the hype is too real, but I didn't like the game.

Minecraft. Maybe it's just me, but I dont like sandbox game.

Mass Effect 3. Game is too long. Ionically, I think finished ME 2 back then.

Halo. Boring as buck.

Dead Space. Killer Zombies hiding in the dark = nope

'Official' sports, which means FIFA, NBA, NFL, MLB, those kind. I like street version tho.

Assassin Creed 3. The game has too much gimmick that I don't know what the hell am I supposed to do.

Edited by Kneesocks

One that I cannot stand at all is God Of War, in concept the idea of a hack and slash that's based on Greek Mythology seems awesome, but GOW does it so poorly that nearly ruined Greek Myth for me...and considering that Greek Mythology means alot to me(being a pagan that worships two Greek deities certainly helps) it kind of came across as insulting.

Also, I don't think there will ever be a game character that I hate more than Kratos, they guy has no redeeming qualities, he blames everybody else for something that was his own damn fault and he's kind of the equivalent of a seven year old having a temper tantrum - now that's just making the Ancient Greeks look bad.

Also, its very inaccurate when it comes to the actual mythology, as in you have the Sirens who were mentioned as living on an island in the middle of the Aegean sea...but in God Of War they somehow end up in a desert with no explaination, how did they mess that up?!

Edited by HopeTheWanderer
  • Brohoof 1

Ah.

Where do I begin.

•Pokemon

•Flappy Bird

•The entire CoD series

•GTA V

Also I see lots of people saying they hate Minecraft... shame on yourselves.

Edited by Big Smoke

Grand Theft Auto.. i dont why but i just dont like it

edit: and FIFA. i really dislike that game.

i dont like minecraft either, but if its there I'll play happily. But the other two i mentioned, if they were available, i still wouldnt play.

Edited by hamza