• Twilight/Owlicious
    • Applejack/Winona
    • Fluttershy/Angel
    • Pinkie Pie/Gummy
    • Rarity/Opal
    • Rainbow Dash/ Tank

(edited)

So who's your favorite Owner/Pet pair?

Personally mines Rainbow Dash and Tank, Both are complete opposites of each other, but there relationship works. Rainbow Dash, being a very fast speed demon, and Tank being one of the slowest animals around, Granted that with tanks Flying contraption makes him faster.

I also like how in Just for sidekicks Rainbow shows affection for him, which is always nice to see.

Anyway, Whats yours?

Edited by Toa of Ponies
  • Brohoof 4

Dashie and Tank easily. While Angel's semi-abusive relationship with Fluttershy can be pretty heartwarming when the devil rabbit decides to be supportive, Rainbow and Tank's blows it right out of the water for me. It's all about going beneath the surface, Rainbow Dash wouldn't really seem to have that much in common with a tortoise in the first place, and the only reason one might think to put them together is for sheer irony, but at the same time Tank is loyal and amazing just like his owner.

Also, they brought us one of the cutest moments of Season 3 :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXezrkTc1wY

• Brohoof 6

Pinkie Pie and Gummy all the way :3.

Just look at them, they are so adorably awesome together, do pranks... (gator in Twilights bathtub xD) and are just generally amazing!

176538+-+artist+realider+gummy+pinkie_pi

not to mention: Gummy parties like a rockstar!

• Brohoof 4

Ooh, that's a hard one. I love Winona because she's a border collie and I've owned border collies all my life and I love them! Dogs are easily my favorite animal.

Dashie and Tank vs Pinkie and Gummy is hard to decide because they both have hilarious relationships.

BUT

I dislike Angel and Opal.... Angel is abusive and Opal is a spoiled nasty cat...

Owlicious is great but meh.

Definitely rainbow das and tank. After the episode were tank became rainbows pet. There wars nothing that could out do the two of them and the bond they formed

(edited)

Ooh, that's a hard one. I love Winona because she's a border collie and I've owned border collies all my life and I love them! Dogs are easily my favorite animal.

Dashie and Tank vs Pinkie and Gummy is hard to decide because they both have hilarious relationships.

BUT

I dislike Angel and Opal.... Angel is abusive and Opal is a spoil!ed nasty cat...

Owlicious is great but meh.

Cats ARE evil...didn't you know that lol

That said I love this love/hate relationship between Opal and Rarity

Its easier to understand when compared to Angel and Fluttershy. There you can't tell whether its momma and spoiled brat or domestic violence looking for a place to happen...again

RD and tank are my second fave

Edited by Argumedies

I would have to say Fluttershy and Angel mostly because I find it hilarious how Fluttershy is so oblivious to how she is turned him into a little monster by spoiling him rotten.

Pinkie Pie and Gummy without a doubt. Pinkie Pie is the most hyperactive pony around, and her pet is the most stationary character around. It's the contrast that makes the pair so effective. Gummy, being the most chillax alligator ever, somehow makes Pinkie Pie seem even more energetic, and even more silly in the fact that she would bond so well with an alligator like that. Best pony's pet was always going to be best pet.

Don't even get me started on how cute they are together. You know how Pinkie Pie goes out of her way to do random good deeds to everyone? Well, when she does it for her own little Gummy, throwing a party, she's so proud and happy of the fact that she's celebrating an event which Gummy would take absolutely no interest in. Just watch Gummy throughout the Singing Telegram - he couldn't give two damns about whether he's getting a party, but Pinkie Pie thinks he does... and that's just astoundingly cute <33

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4Z0x80c7Gg

To further prove my case about how cute they are together, here's just one of many pictures that show how freakin' adorable the two are :)

pinkie_sleepy_time_by_latecustomer-d5qq7

• Brohoof 3

While Applejack is hands down my favorite of the Mane Six, my favorite pet/owner team has to be Dash and Tank. There's just something special about their relationship. It's very "d'awwwwwwww" worthy. :)

My favorite is Pinkie Pie and Gummy. The most random character owns the most random pet. The two are just so great together. As Pinkie want to play all the time. While Gummy is wondering what is going on.

Well, my favorite is Twilight and Spike, but since that isn't an option...

Rarity and Opal. I love the depiction of Opal as a stereotypical grumpy cat, and that Rarity loves her to death anyway.

Spike isn't Twilight's pet. He's her assistant. (Although it's really cute to think of Spike as her pet) :)

---

Just to add to my own post, another thing about Pinkie and Gummy - even though Gummy is for the most part at total standstill, he still shows the same happy interest in anything that might happen around him. Snag a piece of confetti all of a sudden maybe, or run treadmill on one of Twilight's books. You never know what will catch his attention - it's exactly like Pinkie Pie, even though they're still so different. n.n

• Brohoof 1

Pinkie and gummy and aj and wyn remind me of me and my service dog Yerich so much esp even in colorations!  :) such a cute pairing on both sides

(edited)

I voted for Rainbow Dash and Tank. Even though Winona is my favorite pet (I love dogs), and Applejack is my favorite pony, I think Rainbow Dash and Tank are so cute together. That moment above in Just for Sidekicks? Priceless.

Yet, I think another reason why I like the two of them is how they met each other. Tank rescued Rainbow Dash and made her realize that he could be a great pet. Owlowiscious has a good history as well, but he never taught Twilight a lesson like Tank did for Rainbow Dash.

Edited by PowerStar89

(edited)

Spike isn't Twilight's pet. He's her assistant. (Although it's really cute to think of Spike as her pet) smile.png

As far as I can tell from the show, Owlicious and Spike have the same relationship to Twilight. To call Spike Twilight's assistant, you would also have to call Owlicious Twilight's assistant. Yes, Spike can talk which may lead some to believe he is at a higher level of sentience, but from the episode Owl's Well That Ends Well Owlicious is portrayed as smarter than Spike.

Lastly, the definition of a pet.

any domesticated or tamed animal that is kept as a companion and cared for affectionately.

That fits perfectly with Spike. You know what the "wild" dragons are like from Dragon Quest. I guess what I'm saying is that you can be a "pet" and an "assistant".

Edited by Sky Chaser

As far as I can tell from the show, Owlicious and Spike have the same relationship to Twilight. To call Spike Twilight's assistant, you would also have to call Owlicious Twilight's assistant. Yes, Spike can talk which may lead some to believe he is at a higher level of sentience, but from the episode Owl's Well That Ends Well Owlicious is portrayed as smarter than Spike.

Lastly, the definition of a pet.

That fits perfectly with Spike. You know what the "wild" dragons are like from Dragon Quest. I guess what I'm saying is that you can be a "pet" and an "assistant".

If that were the case, Twilight would have also brought Spike to the pet gathering in SE2E07. Plus I also went off what the official wiki described, which is what Spike is Twilight's assistant and not her pet. "...and number one assistant."

http://mlp.wikia.com/wiki/Spike

And Twilight says it herself at the end of SE1E24; "Sure, I was disappointed, but you are my number one assistant! And friend."

If that were the case, Twilight would have also brought Spike to the pet gathering in SE2E07. Plus I also went off what the official wiki described, which is what Spike is Twilight's assistant and not her pet. "...and number one assistant."

http://mlp.wikia.com/wiki/Spike

And Twilight says it herself at the end of SE1E24; "Sure, I was disappointed, but you are my number one assistant! And friend."

Good point, Twilight doesn't consider Spike a "pet". Again, I understand that Spike is an assistant, but I would also say he's a pet. He fits the formal definition for both, even if Twilight considers him a friend.

The old saying goes, "Dog is a man's best friend." (Example of pet/friend)

Seeing eye dogs come to mind as well. (Example of pet/assistant)

Pet/friend/assistant... Spike is all three.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Ooohh... I vote for Fluttershy and Angel. The two total opposite personalities always makes me laugh- plus who doesn't like cute cuddly bunnies? I find it amusing that the stereotypical "cutsie-wootsie" bunny is actually a demanding brat, but he's lovable anyways. Fluttershy's patience for him is something we can all learn from img-1505185-1-laugh.png

And Owlicious? I always found him pretty lame. I don't see why Twilight needs an assistant and a pet... He just seems out of place img-1505185-2-huh.png

Edited by Love*Potion
  • Brohoof 2

You forgot Celestia/Philomena! How could you!?

Just kidding...

And I go for RD & Tank. Just too cute, that irony... they complement each other.

And I'm glad you didn't add the Twilight/Spike option... Can't say that would not appeal to Hasbro...

Dashie & Tank, all the way. Sure the other pair-ups may be cute or they may complement each other well, but the relationship between RD and Tank had a whole episode to form and we've seen awesome little interactions with them since. Maybe not the best combo, but definitely the best duo dynamic.

You forgot Celestia/Philomena! How could you!?

Actually, that's a good point. They are pet and owner, after all.

And I'm glad you didn't add the Twilight/Spike option... Can't say that would not appeal to Hasbro...

What? Twilight/Spike is best owner/pet combo! (Read my posts from the first page)

What? Twilight/Spike is best owner/pet combo! (Read my posts from the first page)

I read it. I don't care. As Long as it is never directly stated in the show, I will never consider our little dragon as a pet.

And if they do so, I would be pretty disappointed. One of the reasons, why I don't expect that much of Equestria Girls. Just my opinion.

• Brohoof 1

I read it. I don't care. As Long as it is never directly stated in the show, I will never consider our little dragon as a pet.

And if they do so, I would be pretty disappointed. One of the reasons, why I don't expect that much of Equestria Girls. Just my opinion.

Okay. O_o Each to his own opinion, I guess. It's just that Spike fits perfectly into the "domesticated wild animal" part of being a pet.

Okay. O_o Each to his own opinion, I guess. It's just that Spike fits perfectly into the "domesticated wild animal" part of being a pet.

Okay, I guess it depends on how you see dragons. I never liked the "animal" idea behind dragons. Always preferred that sentient, talking, wise ones. Like spike can be (wise in the future?). Inheritance Cycle/Eragon-dragons, you know. A different, intelligent species, own culture, but no "animals" as in "we are humans/ponies, everyone else is an animal, no matter if you are a person or not."  

• Brohoof 1