Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Studies

The Milkman

Hello there ponies, im starting this topic mainly because i need help in something, but it's open for everyone who wishes to post about studies and homework and all that sort of stuff, i haven't seen anything like this in the whole forum (maybe im blind, or because im kinda new).

I need help in something that very stupid that happened to me, because im lazy. In monday and tuesday i have february finals, which are: Art (i know, im an idiot), Math, language and literature (all in 1) and biology.

I'd be much obliged if someone can tell me how do they study, i really don't know how, i always try but i suck and i start to imagine things and in the end i sleep.

Edited by The Milkman

SPAM EVERY LEARNIFICATING BOOK YOU HAVE!

I usually wait until the weekend before these exams and then I spend 1 hour revising science, then an hour brwak, then one hour revising maths etc. It helps but you would need breaks in between otherwise your mind would turn to mush :D

Probably not very helpful as I usually wing it but that's what I do for important exams.

• Brohoof 1

I don't study very much myself, but I can try to help. Take my advice with a grain of salt.

In order of mentioning...

Art: I can't see how you could possibly study for this if it's a project... Are there vocab terms? If there are, try writing the words and their definitions down a couple times each. It helps your brain make the connection between the two.

Math/Lang/Lit: Know formulas and what type of problems to use them for. If you've done problems similar to what you suspect would be on the finals, know how to do those sorts of problems. I can imagine a Language final would require knowledge of grammar and punctuation; perhaps you could use some semicolons, because teachers love semicolons. Lit probably requires you to know a book inside and out; maybe you could skim through it a few times and try to summarize important things. I've never heard of a single final being given for three separate subjects before, so I wouldn't know what to expect at all.

Bio: Know definitions, they are very helpful. Maybe you could practice labeling diagrams. In any case, look over any notes you took and get some key concepts that can be applied to a lot of things. If anything, I skim over my notes.

• Brohoof 1

I don't study very much myself, but I can try to help. Take my advice with a grain of salt.

In order of mentioning...

Art: I can't see how you could possibly study for this if it's a project... Are there vocab terms? If there are, try writing the words and their definitions down a couple times each. It helps your brain make the connection between the two.

Math/Lang/Lit: Know formulas and what type of problems to use them for. If you've done problems similar to what you suspect would be on the finals, know how to do those sorts of problems. I can imagine a Language final would require knowledge of grammar and punctuation; perhaps you could use some semicolons, because teachers love semicolons. Lit probably requires you to know a book inside and out; maybe you could skim through it a few times and try to summarize important things. I've never heard of a single final being given for three separate subjects before, so I wouldn't know what to expect at all.

Bio: Know definitions, they are very helpful. Maybe you could practice labeling diagrams. In any case, look over any notes you took and get some key concepts that can be applied to a lot of things. If anything, I skim over my notes.

Art: Story about egipcian art mainly, which is very stupid because that would fit in History (culture), not in art, but i will keep that in mind.

Math/Lang/Lit: In math problems i always have trouble because teacher's writings are unreadable, and even if i ask, so much black and white (because of cheap copying) blows my mind, and even with other students happens. My problem is with the books mainly, but in grammar, punctuation and proper use of semicolons im very good, never had any trouble with that.

Bio: So if we are talking about definitions then internet can come up good with this? All the dictionaries i have here have extremely long definitions, and in a very small size of letters.

My favorite way to study is by closing my books, throwing them to the side, then PARTY!!!

I guess just re-read study guides/notes you take over and over until your eyes bleed then read some more. If you don't take notes during class then start doing it now, it really helps. Re-read your text book if you have them and take notes from it too on the most important things that you're going over. Then re-read those notes.

There are probably things online you can find nowadays that give you additional practice, like little quizzes and things to keep your mind sharpened. It may be embarrassing, but honestly if you feel like you really need it don't be afraid to ask the teacher for extra help with something.

• Brohoof 1