Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Ages of Cadance and Shining Armor?

Haruyou

Sorry if this is in the wrong thread.

I'm just curious, as to be marrying age, and they are visually taller than the other ponies, how old would you think the couple is?

(edited)

I'm assuming you meant Princess cadence? In all honesty, I'm not really sure as to their ages. It has become a convoluted subject, with    Celestia being 1000 years or more, and Luna around the same, yet they both look different. And you have the mane 6 who's ages are never really stated either... If I had to guess, I'd say 35ish maybe. With the mane 6 being in the 20's. But there really isn't much to base it upon, so It is in no way accurate.

Edited by The Pulse

Well Cadance was Twilights babysitter and in human years you'd saying Twilight is about 19 years old well Twilight looked 8years old when Cadance was looking after her and Cadance looked 15 years old so Cadance should roughly be 27 years old and I am guessing similar for Shining Armour.

• Brohoof 3

If I had to guess I would probably say somewhere between their late 20's and mid 30's as that seems to be the most common age range when people get married and they sure don't seem old enough to be any older than that.

(edited)

I'd say that they are anywhere between 25-35ish, Assuming that Twilight and Shining Armour are not twins, they are not the same age, It is safe to say that there age is from late teens to early 20's it's safe to say they are between this age, my head cannon is that Cadance is the elder of the two.

Edited by Toa of Ponies

My guess is that the Mane 6 is around 17-9 because the'yre living on their own. My guess for the age of the CMCs is around 8-10 because those are times in children's lives where they start discovering who they are. Plus the three fillies don't need to be supervised all the time. So that leaves Cadance and Shining Armor to be around 24 years old. They seem like young adults considering they just married but not that young.

Given ther age difference show in the flashbacks, I'd say they're both in their late 20s/early 30s.  But honestly, I think it's difficult to work out as I'm not sure that the writers ahve mapped this out. 

Thanks everyone! I was assuming about late 20s early 30s...

Is it their age that give them the height, or their royalty?... I remember there being another female pony who was quite tall, though, as well when Rarity went to Canterlot...

Cadance was babysitting Twilight when she was a filly, and usually babysitters are aged 16 and higher. Since Twilight is the age of about a young adult, I'm gonna take a guess and say Princess Cadence is in her late 20's to her early 30's. Shining Armor may be around the same age or mid 30's max.

Cadence could be thousands of years old for all we know. And Shining Armor should be about 10 years older than Twilight. It fits into my crazy headcanon about Twilight's real lineage better that way

Cadence could be thousands of years old for all we know. And Shining Armor should be about 10 years older than Twilight. It fits into my crazy headcanon about Twilight's real lineage better that way

I just wanted to point on the Cadence part- I don't think she's thousands of years old, by any means. Reasoning for this is that original two princesses, Luna and Celestia, appear to be ethereal. Emphasis is pretty much put on the fact that they hold an almost god-like status in Equestria, so it's safe to assume that they are immortal.

Cadence seems to age at the same rate the other 'normal' ponies do in the show, however. And she doesn't seem to give off the same magic/power Celestia and Luna do, regardless of her being an alicorn. If she went through the same process Twilight did to gain her wings, which is what is currently assumed, she'd have to be a normal aged pony.

I don't have anything original to add, but I agree with the general view of late 20s or early 30s. My head canon is that Shining Armor is a few years older than Cadence. It's not a rule but women tend, or tended, to be younger than their husbands.

In my headcanon, only Celestia, Luna, Chrysalis, and Discord are immortals. Cadence is not immortal, nor is Twilight. To support my canon, why would an immortal princess be babysitting? Shouldn't she be doing her princess-y duties?

Cadence, in my headcanon, is in her thirties or twenties, and Shining is around that age too.

• Brohoof 1

I think that Cadence earned her princesshood after she finished babysitting little Twilight... so she might be about 26 or so?

Shining might be about 27 or 28.

Cadence seems to age at the same rate the other 'normal' ponies do in the show, however. And she doesn't seem to give off the same magic/power Celestia and Luna do, regardless of her being an alicorn.
I have a theory on that. Maybe she just took the form of a teenager to make Twilight more comfortable.  Would you rather be babysat by a godlike princess or a normal Unicorn with wings?
  • Brohoof 1

I think that Cadence earned her princesshood after she finished babysitting little Twilight... so she might be about 26 or so?

Shining might be about 27 or 28.

So Twilight was such a brat that it caused Cadence to spontaneously ascend to sainthood for taking care of her?

Yeah I can see that. wink.png

• Brohoof 1

I just wanted to point on the Cadence part- I don't think she's thousands of years old, by any means. Reasoning for this is that original two princesses, Luna and Celestia, appear to be ethereal. Emphasis is pretty much put on the fact that they hold an almost god-like status in Equestria, so it's safe to assume that they are immortal.

Cadence seems to age at the same rate the other 'normal' ponies do in the show, however. And she doesn't seem to give off the same magic/power Celestia and Luna do, regardless of her being an alicorn. If she went through the same process Twilight did to gain her wings, which is what is currently assumed, she'd have to be a normal aged pony.

Thanks for you info! :) Do you think Candence is tall because of AGE or her royalty? o: I remember there being another female pony who was quite tall, though, as well when Rarity went to Canterlot...

So Twilight was such a brat that it caused Cadence to spontaneously ascend to sainthood for taking care of her? Yeah I can see that.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/326.407668-Twilight-Sparkle-and-The-Crystal-Heart-Spell-The-Mass-Effect-3-Extended-Cut-of-My-Little-Pony

I don't think so...

But that would be hilarious if it was actually true.

Nopony would ever believe that, though, when they saw Cadence as an alicorn.

Wait... maybe that is what happened and Cadence just made up a story to get ponies off of Twilight's back?

:o

Well shining armor is a stallion and stallions are sometimes bigger anyways, cadence is an alicorn and they are always taller, (except for twilight) plus some ponies are just taller/bigger than others. I assume twilight is an adult becasue she lives on her own and fights evil and stuff XD Shining armor and cadence I assume are around the same age and shining armor is what I assume to be a couple years older than twilight like 10 at most? 

Thanks for you info! smile.png Do you think Candence is tall because of AGE or her royalty? o: I remember there being another female pony who was quite tall, though, as well when Rarity went to Canterlot...

I think she's tall due to age- sorry if I didn't make that point clear. ^^ Different body types and such would explain why maybe Cadence and Fleur de Lis have a body type that differs from most ponies- maybe it has to do with genetics or breed. c:

I don't really know much about how ponies age, but I think they age very rapidly and more then we age. But, they are probably young adults and as the show progresses they will get older.

and as the show progresses they will get older.

you-dont-say-FB.jpg

@ topic: Let's assume the Mane 6 to be young adults that age at the same rate as humans. During Twilight's flashback to when she had Cadence as foal-sitter, we can presume Cadence to have been in her teens at that time, so advance that about thirteen years and we can say that Cadence is about 30. (She was already an alicorn at that time, and she evidently grew, so she can't have the oodles of age that Celestia and Luna have).

The growth rate for stallions is low on information, though. How do we know whether Shining Armor is in his 20's or in his 30's? He's similar in stature and size to Big Macintosh, so if anyone has clues to the latter's age, we'd know more about Shining's.

you-dont-say-FB.jpg

@ topic: Let's assume the Mane 6 to be young adults that age at the same rate as humans. During Twilight's flashback to when she had Cadence as foal-sitter, we can presume Cadence to have been in her teens at that time, so advance that about thirteen years and we can say that Cadence is about 30. (She was already an alicorn at that time, and she evidently grew, so she can't have the oodles of age that Celestia and Luna have).

The growth rate for stallions is low on information, though. How do we know whether Shining Armor is in his 20's or in his 30's? He's similar in stature and size to Big Macintosh, so if anyone has clues to the latter's age, we'd know more about Shining's.

Well you just explained it in a lot of words. I guess we usually can't tell about their real ages, mostly but maybe we could tell by their appearances.

They're probably in their late 20's to mid 30's, seeing as Twilight herself is an adult who lives on her own. Besides, you'd probably have to have be fairly old to be captain of the royal guard.