Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The boy Twilight bumps into? They've been together as ponies already

DrTheKay

(edited)

img-1507309-1-30w4le1.jpg

In the scene, the ponies have a reasonable distance between each other, however Twilight and this stallion were standing noticeably close together.

Yeah yeah, could just be a coincidence, but considering all the colourings that could have chosen in Equestria girls, and the fact they are standing quite close in that image, I do wonder if they based him on that.

Edited by DrTheKay
  • Brohoof 19

(edited)

I don't know, It seems remarkably close for it to be a coincidence, however, it was never stated that Twi had a boyfriend nevertheless there is always the possibility. Thanks for pointing this out!

Edited by The Pulse

B-b-but...my shippings...

But seriously, the resembalance is quite close, so it probably isn't a coincidence, but they probably just chose a random that they placed closley to Twilight in an episode.

• Brohoof 2

Just because they're standing together doesn't mean they're together in FiM.

Probably just a character designer was wondering how the dude she hooks up with should look, and was watching some episodes and saw the scene. Decided to just go with it.

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

Well obviously I dont mean they are literally an item in FiM (if anything I say that just to rile people up, shame on me) howver as I mentioned, in that scene, the ponies have a reasonable distance between eachother yet twilight and this stallion are practically invading eachothers private space.

If anything tho, if the fandom wanted to group the character with a particular ponyvile colt, then it'd most likely be this one. The fact that hes next to twilight sparkle in that particular scene is just a bonus. Should really keep an eye out on this stallion if we plan to rewatch episodes.

Edited by DrTheKay

It's a pretty good observation, but it's not a enough to connives me that this is right. Just because they are close together at this one events doesn't mean he's the human version or they are showing that these 2 are an item.

Besides the pony one has flat hair while the other one has spiked hair. They should both be the same not different. Twilights and the others look the same in both worlds. 

• Brohoof 1

Whoa, amazing observation! Dang, that stallion looks awfully similar to the guy Twilight bumps into in the Equestria Girls trailer. They look pretty cute together too, not gonna lie. Ahhh I'm burning with jealousy right now!

• Brohoof 4

They probably have just a neutral relationship as friends but, not as boyfriend and girlfriend. In the trailer, I didn't really see any relationship with Twilight and the unknown stallion.

• Brohoof 2

What if the guy in Equestria Girls ended up actually being Shining Armor? lmao!!!!

Seriously, am I the only one who thinks that would be hilarious???

Of course not, I think everypony would be busting at the seams with laughter.

Unfortunately, I don't know if they have the guts to do that... unless there really is no romantic thing going on between Twilight and this seemingly random boy, even if the trailers seem to suggest it.

• Brohoof 1

What if the guy in Equestria Girls ended up actually being Shining Armor? lmao!!!!

Seriously, am I the only one who thinks that would be hilarious???

Thats what I keep saying, Look at the way he is standing in the screen shot from the OP he doesn't look like he is very interested in her and Twilight is very friendly and hugs happen way more in Equestria then they do on Earth.

What I think will end up happening, is that Twilight with this guy in the human world, eventually leave, and try to spark something with him back in Equestria, perhaps by lightly teasing him about something only he is supposed to know (like something important to him that he confided to her).

(edited)

Whoa, amazing observation! Dang, that stallion looks awfully similar to the guy Twilight bumps into in the Equestria Girls trailer. They look pretty cute together too, not gonna lie. Ahhh I'm burning with jealousy right now!

Yes! This is exactly the point I'm trying to make, thankyou! I was simply pointing out the cheeky coincidence.

I wasnt trying to say "Zomg they are definately romantically involved" yet it seems many bronies are so infatuated with their tv ponies that even trying to entertain the notion in jest gets them riled up and spew all sorts of rubbish.

Edited by DrTheKay

I don't know what is going to happen in that movie, but I think that hug scene above is going to turn out to be incredibly awkward and/or hilarious?.laugh.png Something like Twilight hasn't gotten the whole personal space thing that humans have or that she mistakes him for Shining Armor.

That is a very good observation you made there, I could definitely see the writers just pulling an accident they made and using him for the movie. Or maybe there is a huge conspiracy...ph34r.png

I still dont get why everyone assumes that he is a love intrest.  I've had girls hug me before and I never dated them. Its a friendship thing.

(edited)

I am not the first one to post this, but:

You can see this guy (maybe it's really him and that pony in your screenshot) in the background in the EqG-trailer in the pony-version. Right in the beginning in the throne room, behind the last guard on the right side.

And if that pony here would be Twilight's LI, it would be

A ) Just stupid, because we never saw them together as in "together"

B ) Insane to couple the 'humane ' version of him with Twilight, because his human self is not the same as the pony. It's just an AR-self.

Edited by StatesTheOblivious

With this show, it's been shown that pony color designs and mane styles get recycled a -lot- for background ponies. It's just as likely that this is simply a coincidence, and that they took this particular pony from that scene and used his color scheme and mane style, but that there's not going to be any relation in-show. Still, a nice catch :D It'll be interesting see how this does all work out.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Maybe, maybe not, and we'll see. :-) I'm not into shipping, but my head canon is that she'll get involved with the new Captan of the Guard. It's not out of the box at all given Shining Armor and Cadence, but I can't get the idea out of my head.

Edited by Nature Spell

Good observing. I guess they could be the same, but I think they would mention if Twilight was in a relationship. Plus, why would they suddenly decide to bring him up in "Equestria Girls"? Oh, yeah, Twilight has a boyfriend. -_- 

WHOA, that is soo strange. I do wonder if it's only a coincidence. I mean, sometimes I spot a random pony in the crowd and think, "Hey, it's not like the writers could have put that there on accident!" Maybe you're right, but there's a possibility that it's only a coincidence.
Also, what if Twilight does fall in love with this boy and has to go back to the pony world? I think she'll see the pony version of him when she gets back!