Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Equestria Girls won't release in the UK!

walale12

Stream, damnit! Or pirate! Or You Tube!

We non-american bronies always found our ways to see the newest episodes of FiM. I'm sure, we will find a proper solution here as well.

This. From the start, I was intending to torrent the BRrips that are bound to appear after the blu ray release of the movie. It's a shame theaters aren't going to show the movie, but as you say, we non-US bronies have managed to keep up to date with the latest episodes. We'll manage with this as well.

(edited)

This. From the start, I was intending to torrent the BRrips that are bound to appear after the blu ray release of the movie. It's a shame theaters aren't going to show the movie, but as you say, we non-US bronies have managed to keep up to date with the latest episodes. We'll manage with this as well.

COUGH COUGH Those BRRips may "already" be out there as Hasbro had a booth at the San Diego Comic Con where they were pre-selling Equestria Girls.

Edited by Kaz
  • Brohoof 1

COUGH COUGH Those BRRips may "already" be out there as Hasbro had a booth at the San Diego Comic Con where they were pre-selling Equestria Girls.

If this is true, I definitely know what I'm watching tonight! :lol:

Either way, the blue ray release is on the 5th of August which isn't too long from now anyways.

(edited)

Its releasing in more places now, but strangely, no major cities like London or Birmingham, which is strange.
Seems like this is a limited release too. Its only showing on two days with only one showing per day,
AND, its only £3.50 a ticket :P

http://www.showcasecinemas.co.uk/films/my-little-pony-equestria-girls

Edited by Apocalyptic_Unicorn

If this is true, I definitely know what I'm watching tonight! :lol:

Either way, the blue ray release is on the 5th of August which isn't too long from now anyways.

This is extremely true as I have already "Bought a completely legal copy" myself and watched it. Equestria Girl's is absolutely amazing btw.

• Brohoof 1

I emailed hasbro a while back and they said there wont be a cinema release in the uk and i bought tickets yesterday for it on 10/8/13 i asked them last week if they will have a dvd release and they said the same as when i asked if it will be in the cinema so i still have hope

Awww well that's disappointing, but I'm not too bothered about it being in cinemas here. I just want to be released on DVD in the UK! If they are planning to release the DVD here in the UK, that would be cool. :D But that email doesn't really say if they're going to or not... :/

Awww well that's disappointing, but I'm not too bothered about it being in cinemas here. I just want to be released on DVD in the UK! If they are planning to release the DVD here in the UK, that would be cool. :D But that email doesn't really say if they're going to or not... :/

I did a Google search and sadly I couldn't find anything on the UK DVD release:

Although I suppose it could happen: I didn't think it would release in any cinemas in the UK and whilst it's not a big release thing nationwide it still seems to be coming to some cinemas in the UK which is a good sign

Keeping my fingers crossed :)

somepony better start a business on e-bay now... buy the movies then resell them overseas! so people like me wont have to suffer
 If someone did that it still would be useless as the US DVDs and Blu Rays wont work in system from other regions unless they are region free DVDs/Blu Rays.

I did a Google search and sadly I couldn't find anything on the UK DVD release:

Although I suppose it could happen: I didn't think it would release in any cinemas in the UK and whilst it's not a big release thing nationwide it still seems to be coming to some cinemas in the UK which is a good sign

Keeping my fingers crossed :)

I really really hope they do release it here as well. They've gotta know that there are UK bronies as well as American bronies so it's only fair they give us the privilege of having the DVD. It can't be that difficult to import it. I'll keep my fingers crossed with you. 

• Brohoof 1

The thing is, Season 2 and Season 3 didn't air here.
And the fact that Equestria Girls picks up from where Season 3 left off, a lot of little British girls who most likely won't get a lot of internet access are gonna be left pretty confused about the whole Princess Twilight thing.

"Huh, Twilight has wings? When did THAT happen?!"

Can't believe I've created an account just to post this (far from a brony!) but as I have two very dedicated Pony fan friends I thought this it'd be mean to deny people this info so....

I work in a cinema here in the UK and I can confirm that we have poster up advertising the film (will try and post a picture if I can work out how!). Would be odd if they were sending out advertising material if it wasn't getting at least a limited release. The poster also directs folks towards MPLEG.com for more info soooo over there you go I guess!

Enjoy, you crazy Epona-worshipping nutters!

post-18688-0-36853400-1375741571_thumb.jpg

post-18688-0-36853400-1375741571_thumb.jpg

I am really annoyed about that, I was kinda hoping that I could watch it,but at least I will be able to get it on Amazon or somewhere on the internet. I'll just have to resort to the bad video camera quality version I have on my tablet which I downloaded off of Youtube, sorry I cannot send a link, it got taken off of Youtube.

Update: It's on at the cinema I work at in ( Odeon in Derby) this week. Two special showings at 11am on Monday and Tuesday ( 12th and 13th August).

It appears it's quite a limited release so keep your eyes peeled.

Edited by Darkhorse

• 7 months later...

They should obviously backtrack this decision and reconsider so that MLP and Equestria Girls DO get pushed into the UK or Europe in general. The bronies there are missing out on what we bronies on North America have; and the movie never released overseas in Great Britain, thanks a god-damn lot Hasbro.

• 1 month later...

I live in the US and this seems totally unfair. I mean, if they won't release it in the UK, chances are they could release it on iTunes.

Speaking of which, it could end up being on YouTube again with bad quality recorded by a person. I dunno.