Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Anypony here a Blazblue fan?

DJ MUFF1N D3RP

Hey everypony! I'm sure that if you're a fan of Blazblue you know that the next extension for the saga comes out next week. I was taking some time to get myself caught up with the controls and thought "Hey, I wonder if any of my friends on the pony forums like this game?" So, I made this thread to be used a basically a discussion board for this awesome game. To start, who is your favorite character? Mine is a tie between Makoto, Taokaka, and Rachel.

The Wheel of Fate is Turning, READY?...DISCUSS(lol, see what I did there? ^_^ )

There needs to be more fans of fighting games overall. I've only played the first Blazblue but it was an amazing game and Taokaka has to be one of my favorite fighting game characters.

Its totally worth it, Raron. I've never played Guilty Gear myself, but from what I hear, since they are made by the same people there similar enough that anyone who has played either one or the other can be right at home playing them. Edited by super muffin derpy506

So I've heard. I actually heard Blazblue was supposed to be a spiritual successor to the Guilty Gear series.

Man, now I wanna play Guilty Gear but I'm in the middle of a dungeon in Xenosaga. xD

I used to have it for the PS3, I found it to be pretty enjoyable and the characters were pretty cool. But then I started playing online and things only went downhill from there...

Here's a tip: Don't play online fighting games if you aren't a fighting game competitor, like tournament level stuff, cuz you'll only run into people who play in tournaments for the most part and you'll never win. I find losing all the time to be a fun sucker, especially if I'm not even given the chance to improve. I don't like being hit with 100+ hit combos that kill me before I can even attack or defend.

Word, but sometimes.. well all the time online is where I get the biggest rush in fighting games. Dying 30 times to one guy then finally beating them just ONCE is a feeling of joy so extreme it can only be explained through interpretive dance.

I've played a little bit of both the first and continium shift on PS3.

It's not bad but the structure just isn't for me.

Though the same people who make BB are making Persona 4:The Ultimate in Matonaka Arena

Which I can't wait for!

I tried very much to like Blazblue, but like Guilty Gear before it, it simply didn't click with me.

Here's a tip: Don't play online fighting games if you aren't a fighting game competitor, like tournament level stuff, cuz you'll only run into people who play in tournaments for the most part and you'll never win.

Eh. This isn't really true. Sure you'll find a lot of great players online, but you'll also find a lot of average/below average folks as well.

• Brohoof 1

I've played a little bit of both the first and continium shift on PS3.

It's not bad but the structure just isn't for me.

Though the same people who make BB are making Persona 4:The Ultimate in Matonaka Arena

Which I can't wait for!

Holy CRRAAPPPPP that game looks sweet!

In case you didn't know yet, the fan made pony fighting game is using a system very similar to Blazblue.

(null)

Yes, fan made, I hope they can pull it off just right without feeling clunky. Regardless, it'll still be the best fighting game ever made.

I tried very much to like Blazblue, but like Guilty Gear before it, it simply didn't click with me. Eh. This isn't really true. Sure you'll find a lot of great players online, but you'll also find a lot of average/below average folks as well.

I've never once run into a bad player. I always run into players who are massively good at the game. Then again, the only fighting games I've played online are Dragon Ball Z Raging Blast 2 and Marvel vs Capcom 2. <.<

After a little bit of work and experimentation, I've come to realize that I'm pretty good with Noel. She is another one of my favorite characters and has been since I started the series, but I was never very good with her, but now that I've found a bit of a rhythm, I can actually beat my opponents pretty quickly with her. Edited by super muffin derpy506

• 3 months later...