Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Which two ponies from the six main characters of MLP:FIM fit together?

Okie Dokie Lokie

Which two ponies from the six main characters of MLP:FIM fit together?  

54 users have voted

1. 1. Which two ponies from the six main characters of MLP:FIM fit together?

• Twilight Sparkle and Applejack
    • Twilight Sparkle and Fluttershy
    • Twilight Sparkle and Pinkie Pie
    • Twilight Sparkle and Rainbow Dash
    • Twilight Sparkle and Rarity
    • Applejack and Fluttershy
    • Applejack and Pinkie Pie
    • Applejack and Rainbow Dash
    • Applejack and Rarity
    • Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie
    • Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash
    • Fluttershy and Rarity
    • Pinkie Pie and Rainbow Dash
    • Pinkie Pie and Rarity
    • Rainbow Dash and Rarity

Simply by virtue of the fact that we don't actually know that many stallions very well, I'm gonna have to go with Big Mac/Cheerilee. Plus, that has the added bonuses of not drastically affecting the Mane Six AND providing promising tie-ins to future episodes.

We'll see! ;)

I'd like to see Celestia and Discord relationship take place.

I would just love the chemistry between the princess of order and the spirit of chaos. Besides.I love it when Discord teases Celestia.

Then you have the obvious Sparity route. I'm not entirely sure about it though because of the lifespans. Rarity would've of old age by the time Spike would be considered an adult dragon. And I would hate to see his heart break. 

Oh well it's better to love than to never have loved at all.

Edited by Lady Rainicorn

@Lady Rainicorn Interesting thoughts with the different race pairings (alicorn/??? and dragon/unicorn). I guess in my mind I assumed the storyboard people wouldn't touch that kind of romantic relationship because it would be too hard to, er, explain. That would be interesting though!

Look guys, I know it's sometimes seen as "that pairing that should never be mentioned for x reason", but really -

djNNtXY.gif

They can't fight it forever.  :derp: 

But seriously, I feel if the writers, and American public for that matter could JUST GET OVER the "same sex" issue, this pairing would bring about new directions and stories for the show, not to mention breaking tremendous new ground in friendship values and life lessons for the show's target group.

And that's not even considering how PERFECT they are together.  :wub:

Edited by Abstract
  • Brohoof 5

Look guys, I know it's sometimes seen as "that pairing that should never be mentioned for x reason", but seriously -

djNNtXY.gif

You can't fight it forever.  :derp:

So true....

That would be my choice if it was fan cannon, but if it was towards the show, only one fits the ticket...

It seems like something would happen with these two.

Rarity_%26_Spike_Awwww_S2E10.png

Shining Armor and Cadance. 

Seriously though, I doubt any ships of current characters will happen. If there is a ship introduced, it most likely will involve a completely new character, or obscure background character given a personality.

So true....

That would be my choice if it was fan cannon, but if it was towards the show, only one fits the ticket...

It seems like something would happen with these two.

I know, I kinda ignored the title question and spurted off.. something fanboy-ish and way too hopeful.

It's late.

Gotta go with your answer for true "canonness".

Does Shining Armor/Cadance count? Or do they not count because they're already married?

If not, then I will have to go with the above poster who said Big Mac/Cheerilee. They were seen together another time in the background.

If Flash Sentry ever makes it into the show, then Twilight/Flash is a likely pairing as well. But we have no idea at this point if he will come back, so there is no saying for sure.

While Sparity seems like the obvious pairing, isn't Spike a tad too young for Rarity though? And how would their difference in their place in the tree of life affect the relationship? (Rarity being a mammal and Spike a reptile)

@@Abstract, Need I remind you of what happened when our cross-eyed friend were given lines? If that was bad enough, the drama that would result from this would pretty much send the internet fandom into an epileptic seizure.

Simply by virtue of the fact that we don't actually know that many stallions very well, I'm gonna have to go with Big Mac/Cheerilee. Plus, that has the added bonuses of not drastically affecting the Mane Six AND providing promising tie-ins to future episodes.

We'll see! ;)

I am pretty sure this is the only one I would consider "likely" because of how it was treated on the show. There's not really evidence of any other romance since they decided to nix that one EG character.

The most likely pairing?  I'm not really sure.  There's already one pairing, Cadence and Shining Armor, but that was over the course of one, sorry, two episodes.  I'd have to agree that the one that would most likely become cannon would be Mac and Cheerilee.  

I doubt any pairings like TwiDash or those would ever become cannon.

If not Mac and Cheerilee then FlashLight.  I could see them bring Flash back to pair with Twilight.  Other than that, there isn't enough episodes with stallions (at least ones who aren't already married) to make a viable connection.  Mac and Cheerilee was about the only episode where you could make a connection.

As for Celestia and Discord, I don't ever see that happening.  Fluttershy and Discord, maybe.  Not Celestia and Discord though.

Look guys, I know it's sometimes seen as "that pairing that should never be mentioned for x reason", but really -

They can't fight it forever.   :derp:

But seriously, I feel if the writers, and American public for that matter could JUST GET OVER the "same sex" issue, this pairing would bring about new directions and stories for the show, not to mention breaking tremendous new ground in friendship values and life lessons for the show's target group.

And that's not even considering how PERFECT they are together.   :wub:

The one problem with this would be the parents.  Hasbro would get more crap over this than the Derpy escapade.  Sure, a large portion of the brony community would be fine with it, save for me (TwiDash 5evah!), but the parents of the children watching the show would more than likely, a large portion anyway, disallow their children to watch the show anymore.  The show's ratings drop, Hasbro loses money, the show gets cancelled. 

Edited by Night Shadow

*canon

*canon canon canon canon canon canon canon

This is a cannon.

Tsar-Cannon.jpg

This is not.

My_little_pony_friendship_is_magic_twili

Anyway, most likely pairing? Well, I'd LIKE to see Fluttermac, but that might not happen. :(

Maybe Rarispike? I've always liked that one.

i've heard a rumor that there may be an episode next season where Dashie goes out with Soarin in part to remove the lesbo controversy stuff, but it's just a rumor. nonetheless, i do say that they could be possible.

While I don't think they'll ever become a couple though that would be boss, the show is definitely setting up some kind of narrative or lesson around Rarity and Spike.

Edited by CITRUS KING46

But seriously, I feel if the writers, and American public for that matter could JUST GET OVER the "same sex" issue,

You really want to play that game?  I'm going to destroy you now.

Anti-Homosexual point of view

The brain is wired to be attracted to the opposite sex (for obvious reasons), thus violation of this would technically be insanity.  Homosexuality is just as insane as pedophilia, necrophilia, and bestiality.  All are a violation of the most basic function of our brains.

Do not assume that someone who disagrees with you is just a nark or stupid.  There are valid points on both sides of the issue.  You're the one that needs to get over it.

As for your pairing of choice, I see no reason to assume either of those characters are gay.  They show none of the common signs of homosexuality.  Before anyone mislabels me as a "homophobe" or "bigot", I did find one of the mane six is very likely gay:

Pinkie Pie

1620742673_532dd66d_mind_blown_xlarge.jp

Edited by Forlong

I say none, no exceptions. If you're talking intimate relationship, love pairing, etc. None. They're not even shown as conveying that type of relationship. Friendship has a lot of nuances that relationships do not share. This show actually does a damn good job of demonstrating friends as friends. However, Hollywood and various other outlets have done EVERYTHING they can to show "two characters like each other, THEY MUST BE IN LOVE" and that's how this has happened. :\

I chose Applejack and Rarity. Perhaps I am slightly biased due to the two of them being my favourite characters, but every time I see them together they have a lot of chemistry. The first real AJ/R episode was "Look Before You Sleep", which had them understanding and accepting the differences of one another. After that, they didn't have full episodes, but they had roles together ("Sisterhooves Social", "The Crystal Empire Parts One and Two", "Sleepless in Ponyville"), and you can see that they're getting along better all the time. Also, I'm pretty sure they switch Elements in Magical Mystery Cure, right? Haven't seen it so I wouldn't know. XD

All in all, I think they have the best rapport.

I say none, no exceptions. If you're talking intimate relationship, love pairing, etc. None. They're not even shown as conveying that type of relationship. Friendship has a lot of nuances that relationships do not share. This show actually does a damn good job of demonstrating friends as friends. However, Hollywood and various other outlets have done EVERYTHING they can to show "two characters like each other, THEY MUST BE IN LOVE" and that's how this has happened. :\

I doesn't it means they have to be in a relationship, it's just who works well together (or, at least, that's how I decided to answer it). 

Also, even though I hate Stinky Pie, I like the rapport between her and Twilight in a few episodes. 

If we are talking romantically, AJ/R again, because they have the most god-awfully cute shipping pictures. 

Edited by PinkieDaShy

• 9 years later...