Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do your parents know you're a brony?

defaultremix

Do your parents know your a brony?  

830 users have voted

1. 1. Do your parents know your a brony?

• Yes
    • No
    • Other

(edited)

My parents do know. Though my dad probably isn't as fully aware of the extent, but mostly because he's not too familiar with the whole brony thing. He sometimes frowns slightly on my liking anything perceived as "girly" (more so in the past than nowadays) but he usually gets over it quickly and pretty much gives me free rein to like what I want.

My mom knows it fully. I often joke around with her about it. She was a bit iffy on the idea of bronies in general, but mostly out of confusion over what the big deal was about MLP. Once she saw what a positive impact ponies had on my life, she's been largely very supportive.

My parents usually tend to be pretty lax on my hobbies as a whole. They compare what many other young men my age could be into (drugs, alcohol, crime, etc) and figure that technicolour ponies really aren't the worst thing I could be doing.

Edited by Gigapony
  • Brohoof 4

Well, my mom sort of knows I like ponies, but she doesn't really know anything about the brony fandom or me being a brony, even though I have tried explaining it to her a million times. About my dad... Well, its better if he doesnt know about it. He would think I have mental problems or something like that. Usually fathers are much like this when it comes to ponies, according to what I've read across the community. So yeah.

My mom knows of course because I live with her and everything. Plus I have shirts I ware in public and toys sitting on my book shelf and stuff but my dad doesn't (parents are divorced) I'm too afraid to tell him because I know he'll over react and freak out like he does with most stuff in my life that my moms ok with but he isn't, although I passed under the radar with my grandma only because I told her I still collect toys and that I "collect" the pocket Mlp toys.

No They Don't, Noone Knows In Real Life because MLP doesnt even Air on tv from where I am From(Except for one of my friends house for some reason). Also they dont know i like One Piece because They arent really a Big Part of my life

My parent's know. My mother even watched a few episodes with me and liked it. I wouldn't call her pegasister though.......yet.laugh.png

My sister doesn't know and I don't want her to she would just think I'm a weird. Although she thinks I'm weird already. 

I didn't really want anyone but my friends to know that I am a Brony but umm that didn't last very long. One day my brother walked into my room and saw my Rainbow Dash desktop background, that is when things began to kick off. He then went and told my other brother and I told them to shut up. Obviously they didn't cause a few days later my mom comes up to me and says, I have a present for you! She hands me the present and it's a mlp graphic novel. So now like everyone knows and it feels kinda good to not hold it back anymore.

My parents do know. Though my dad probably isn't as fully aware of the extent, but mostly because he's not too familiar with the whole brony thing. He sometimes frowns slightly on my liking anything perceived as "girly" (more so in the past than nowadays) but he usually gets over it quickly and pretty much gives me free rein to like what I want.

My mom knows it fully. I often joke around with her about it. She was a bit iffy on the idea of bronies in general, but mostly out of confusion over what the big deal was about MLP. Once she saw what a positive impact ponies had on my life, she's been largely very supportive.

My parents usually tend to be pretty lax on my hobbies as a whole. They compare what many other young men my age could be into (drugs, alcohol, crime, etc) and figure that technicolour ponies really aren't the worst thing I could be doing.

Ha ha, wow. Do our parents know each other or something? My mom jokes around with me about it and yet supports my liking of the fandom. My dad on the other hand doesn't necessarily support it but he doesn't care honestly.

• Brohoof 2

Yup my sister told them both, my mom to be annoying (kind of like that anyways) and my dad asked what a brony was after seeing my brony wristband and asked.

Nope, and I don't plan to tell them anytime soon.  I have absolutely no reason to do so at this time, and, seeing as my father is somewhat homophobic, telling them could end rather badly if they buy into all of the idiotic stereotypes.  I'm fairly sure that they wouldn't, but the small chance is still enough to deter me.

• Brohoof 1

My pops knows, even showed him my Rainbow Dash / Mega Man crossover T-shirt and he thought it was awesome. Since he knows, I'm guessing my mom probably knows as well. She hasn't said anything about it, though, which leads me to believe she thinks it's weird. Which I'm fine with, honestly.

...Although if I told her it had references to Star Trek and Dr. Who, she might change her tune as she's both a Trekkie and a Whovian. derpy_emoticon1.png

• Brohoof 1

No they don't know , and I also don't want to tell the, it would be a little weird if I walked up to them and said:" I love My Little Pony!"

I just hope they discover it by accident like looking at my PC wich is stuffed with Ponies!laugh.png

My brother told my mom once. Although she probably forgot. Anyway I'm not in any rush to tell them. I don't tell them about most shows that I watch and MLP isn't much different.

Do my parents know if I'm a brony? No sir, they haven't the slightest clue and I'm not in any rush to tell them. Do you have any idea how incredibly awkward that conversation would be where I have to explain it to them?

I could really do with telling them so that I can order some merchandise off of the internet, seeing as there isn't any where I live.

I was in the same position as you about a month ago. If they are open to your different thoughts then you can be open about being a brony. You don't need to tell them and have that awkward conversation, you can just not hide away the brony-based activity. Living in Britain (which I asume you do) your parents probably wouldn't know much about the show as much as and American parent who would have probably developed an opinion on the show. I normally would just leave MLP Forums up on the laptop I use when I'm doing something else.

As for the merch, I suggest just behave well then ask them for whatever so that you don't feel awkward about your parent asking if you really deserve a 'Rarity make-up collection' or whatever.

I don't see why you people are so worried about what your parents think of you for liking this. Who cares what your parents think why are you guys so scared of them knowing? I just don't get why you just tell them and get it over with.

• Brohoof 2

If I told my parents I liked this show they would probably say who cares and why are you telling me. I'm an adult, I get to choose my own interests and I don't need the approval of my parents especially when it comes to something as innocuous as TV shows.

Eh. My mom knows and she's just kinda indifferent with it. How I spend my time and money isn't something she has control over and she gets that. Besides MLP isn't the first fandom I've been a part of so she knows how obsessed and involved I get with stuff. So its alright.

I don't live with my dad so when I talk to him it's usually more about stuff that's going on in my life and MLP isn't important for him to hear about anyways. But I think he knows because he's subscribed to my youtube channel and I have some pony related things on there but he never mentioned it so i think he doesn't really care.

My mom knows and my dad may or may not know.  My mom is fine with it and if my dad knows, which I'm fairly sure he does, he doesn't care either.  I'm not sure if they know how much I like it though.  Then again, my mom knows I like drawing the characters and she's seen my MLP wallpaper on my cell phone.  She may know it's not just some show I watch, and I actually like  it quite a lot.  If she knows, she's fine with that too smile.png

(edited)

If my parents found out I was a Brony, man, I don't wanna think about it. My Mum would probably stare at me and call me weird. But my Dad would go mental. He'd laugh at me, call my gay which I know isn't true. I don't think I'll ever get around to telling them.

Edited by Brainy Brony

I was in the same position as you about a month ago. If they are open to your different thoughts then you can be open about being a brony. You don't need to tell them and have that awkward conversation, you can just not hide away the brony-based activity. Living in Britain (which I asume you do) your parents probably wouldn't know much about the show as much as and American parent who would have probably developed an opinion on the show. I normally would just leave MLP Forums up on the laptop I use when I'm doing something else.

As for the merch, I suggest just behave well then ask them for whatever so that you don't feel awkward about your parent asking if you really deserve a 'Rarity make-up collection' or whatever.

Well for one my parents are very stuck in their ways about their opinions so if they develop negative opinions about it then I would be slightly screwed (in the sense that they would remove all of my electronic devices). But anyway when I was explaining about how one of my friends was a brony, about five months before I became one, they actually didn't believe me when I told them. So if I left MLP forums up on my computer or even my Princess Luna background that would inevitably lead to questions being asked and then to that awkward conversation.

As for your tip on merchandise I usually get what I want anyway I just have to ask and then have my money at the ready to repay them with.

(edited)

They saldly know, they told me i have to "grow up" and they think im gay or something, ever since they found out, ive been let less and less out of the house and the pc (using my phone to write this) i wish they didnt find out... Also, everytime they think im watching the show, they go to my room to check, Nothing but bad stuff has happend ever since they did :(

Oh well, they are my parents, nothing i can do... Im sure they are doing it to protect me

Edited by OEG5789
  • Brohoof 1

My mom knows because my brother asked me and tried to make a big deal out of it which didn't work but I don't think neither my dad or step dad knows well maybe my dad since he tends to check what I'm doing on the computer.