Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do your parents know you're a brony?

defaultremix

Do your parents know your a brony?  

830 users have voted

1. 1. Do your parents know your a brony?

• Yes
    • No
    • Other

(edited)

I have one blind bag pony on my shelf, ponies on my desktop and phone, but I don't really run around yelling "I love ponies, guys". My mom said the ponies looked cute a few times but that's about it, no one in my family reacted negatively but they generally don't even ask about it.

All of my friends know, but none of them are Bronies themselves. Even some people I don't like know it, but it didn't have even close to the negative effect people often claim it to have, everything is still normal and no one called me gay yet.

Edited by PinkiePai
  • Brohoof 2

My mom knows, but that's only because I had to explain why there was a Fluttershy plushie in the mail for me happy.png

No one else in my family knows though, even though my room is covered in pony and I have pony wallpapers and pony drawings and pony music everywhere XD

(edited)

Yeah of course they know they also know I'm writing fan fiction and they are proud of me. I'm not that good with creative writing but I am fairly good on writing mlp fan fiction. They also know I am working on a song with my non-brony friend who knows guitar. But I know I shouldn't be embarrassed by it but I could go without my parents telling other relatives and co-workers like my mom's boss.   

Edited by Agent Smith

I never really felt like it was something that I had to be ashamed of or hide away from people.  If someone will waste their time trying to degrade me for liking a kids show, they have too much time on their hands.  It's just a show, it isn't that big of a deal.

• Brohoof 2

I think my parents know by this stage and I don't think they care too much my dads even willing to take me to BronyCon this summer so that's a good sign :).

Actually yes I mentioned it to my mom, obviously asked what it is and explained the community. She threatens to take my computer and TV away and started hating on it and saying that's for gay people so I am going to have to convince her to watch some of it and research it more.

Actually my parents found out by my whole family asking what my "secret" was that I was keeping from them. And then my uncle guessed after my aunt asked, "Does it have to do with ponies." And he was spot on too, he literally said, "You're a brony!" And thus the secret was out.

Oh, yes my mother does! All I did was walk up to her and said I liked My Little Pony, and she was perfectly fine with it! I think she might even give it a shot herself someday, but she hasn't really said much yet.

NO WAY! I would die if my parents knew. They'd probably start acting as if I was either a freak and or a 3 year old. I'm not exactly in that big of a hurry to tell them. Since I don't have a car I sometimes slip a pony item into my hand and pay for it before my mom see's if she takes my shopping lol. I even have hidden all my mlp items in my bedroom behind my closet. So long story short no they do not know and I don't intend to tell them.

(edited)

Well, my dad is one of those people that is against anything feminine if you are a guy, you know, military and all that. If I told him he would say I was gay, which I am not. Not that gay people are bad but that is off topic. My mom would probably just say I am weird and make fun of me all the time, and my sister I am not really sure, my parents are divorced so my step dad would be laughing his ass off calling me gay and making fun of me. My step mom pretty much the same as my step dad.

Edited by ♫Floating Castle♫

NOOOO no no no if i told my parents i was a brony i would get the piss taken out of me every second of everyday i couldnt stand it 

no im not going to tell them...but my best friend knows :P

You sir are in the exact same predicament as me. I tried to man up some courage leave some drawings I'd done pinned up on my pin board but they didn't notice and then I took them down because I realised. However my brother knows because me and him always tell each other our secrets

Not entirely. My mom sees me watching My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic from time to time. She really doesn't think anything of it.  My father is not really home, at work in the hot sun. My mom even blurted to my cousins that I wanted to go to Build a Bear to make a Rainbow Dash bear and I was like "Umm no heh that's the stupidest thing I have ever heard." Embarrassment at its worst dry.png . I thought I was like in stealth being a brony.

My parents don't really care that I'm a fan.

I have a Doctor Whooves shirt that I got at Hot Topic and my parents don't mind.

They get the Doctor Whooves thing cause I'm a hardcore Whovian and so connecting Doctor Who to MLP isn't much of a stretch for them. happy.png

(edited)

My Mom found out a few minutes ago actually she saw this new Applejack shirt that just came in the mail the other day hanging in my closet and she thought it was adorable. She asked about the shirt and I told her that they did a reboot of My Little Pony recently and that it has attracted an unexpected audience of teenagers and adults and told her a little bit about Applejack and about one of the reasons why I like Applejack is that she reminds me of her. Since I got into the show after my Dad passed away I never got to see his reaction but knowing him there probably would have been some lighthearted teasing but would have probably not made too much of a fuss.

Edited by EarthbendingProdigy
  • Brohoof 6

(edited)

My dad knows I'm a brony but I am not sure my mom knows. My dad is cool with it he doesn't really mention it except whenever im on  youtube or have ear buds in he always says "Watching ponies?" and other corny jokes like that. tongue.png My dad found out because I love to draw fan art and i always usually put it away somewhere but one time I forgot and all of it was just out on my desk and he saw it and was like. "You like ponies?" and I said "yeah" that was pretty much the whole conversation.

Edited by Super Derpy

sorta.

they know i like the show.

my mom saw mlp pics i posted on instagram

do they know im on this website?

no

do they know of the crazy dream on where all my markers turned into the main characters??

no

do they know i take the show WAYYY to seriously??

no

would i like it to stay that way??

yes 

Yes. It's just a show I like, not a big deal. Of course, I didn't tell them right away because it was slightly embarassing, but even though they've known for a while now I still much prefer to watch it alone, I don't think they like the show much but oh well, they're old. :P

Yes they do. They know about it for about a year now and right now they really don't care. :P MLP is something I like and coming out to them was the best thing. I wasn't criticized about it either. 

• Brohoof 1

Mine don't, I keep it from them, because my stepdad already gets on my case all the time for "Being on the damn computer all the time" in his words. And hes very stubborn and closed minded, so he would never approve, it would be more trouble then its worth. And even if he was slightly ok he'd never get off my case and would be like, "Why are you always watching ponies all the damn time?" or something like that. Even when I'm not, because thats how he is, and he has to always be right, so yeah, we don't get along terribly well already, and i'd rather not complicate it more.

So yeah, I just keep it secret. I'm a closet brony, and I don't really have plans to come out of the closet anytime soon. Its just not worth it.

Eeyup.

I actually came out of the stable while I was waiting at the doctors office with my mom. 

I'm not sure why I brought it up, but I randomly said, "I'm a brony".

Her response was, "What the heck is that?"

I replied subtly with, "A person who likes My Little Pony."

She said, "That's scary."

---------

I've been very open about it ever since.

(edited)

@

Well, my parents got on me for it.

My parents knew a while back, but after receiving a lot of crap from them, I just let the topic die off. I resorted to being a closet Brony around them. My friends know too, but most of them think I've got mental problems because of it (I have one friend who was a Pegasister, but she went through something similar with her parents, so she left the fandom).

I don't think they know that I'm still a Brony, and honestly, that's how I'm going to keep it.

Edited by whoovesfan7698

Mine don't, I keep it from them, because my stepdad already gets on my case all the time for "Being on the damn computer all the time" in his words. And hes very stubborn and closed minded, so he would never approve, it would be more trouble then its worth. And even if he was slightly ok he'd never get off my case and would be like, "Why are you always watching ponies all the damn time?" or something like that. Even when I'm not, because thats how he is, and he has to always be right, so yeah, we don't get along terribly well already, and i'd rather not complicate it more.

So yeah, I just keep it secret. I'm a closet brony, and I don't really have plans to come out of the closet anytime soon. Its just not worth it.

My parents are pretty close minded too. but when they found out they were pretty cool about it. Heck my stepdad likes to "tease" me alot about things but he only brought it up once and it was a serious conversation on wether i was gay or not. So you will nevee know till they find out.

On a side note the longer you try to hide it the more likely they are to find out themselves, then they start to make presumptions, so you bebetter offjust telling them.

• Brohoof 1