Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do your parents know you're a brony?

defaultremix

Do your parents know your a brony?  

830 users have voted

1. 1. Do your parents know your a brony?

• Yes
    • No
    • Other

(edited)

My parents are pretty close minded too. but when they found out they were pretty cool about it. Heck my stepdad likes to "tease" me alot about things but he only brought it up once and it was a serious conversation on wether i was gay or not. So you will nevee know till they find out.

On a side note the longer you try to hide it the more likely they are to find out themselves, then they start to make presumptions, so you bebetter offjust telling them.

I suppose you have a good point, that said my stepdad is really stubborn and I can almost imagine the conversation after them finding out, i'd honestly rather just keep them out of finding out. I really don't even know if they know what a brony is or MLP, and if they don't get told they won't be able to find out about it, thus I don't have to worry about it.

My stepdad would bring it up in every situation he could to get on my nerves, like he does with me and my apparent computer addiction or whatever. And he has a bad temper and ye'lls a good bit, so overall i'd just rather forget about it.

My stepdad if asking me something like if I'm gay would probably say it with anger instead of being serious, and it'd lead to more conflict and I just don't feel like dealing with it really.

I suppose I may never know for sure, but I feel as I have a pretty good idea of it, so for the safety of keeping my life not to terribly hecktec I'm just going to avoid letting them ever know about it. Whether thats possible idk, but the longer I keep it up the longer I'd have to live with them to hear them rant me out on it if something happens.

Thank you for the encouragement though. I appreciate you trying to help :).

Edited by Zygen
  • Brohoof 2

Well i never really ever told  them i loved 'My Little Pony'.... I think they just figured it out. First time i really displayed my love for the show was when I was at Hot Topic and i bought 2 pony shirts. Then I guess they just went on with it. For my birthday they did get my a backpack FULL of MLP stuffs and it was amazing. Also at Build a bear, they let me go to 'Pony Week' (the first week the mlp build a bears were let out) and get Pinkie and Dashie. THen as of more recently, we are DRIVING from the south up to Baltimare for Bronycon (i might have strongly applied the fact that i wanted to go there as my graduation gift XD) so I guess they know and are accepting. Also they bought me the Rainbow Dash Cosplay (with the wings), so Im guessing they understand that i like the rainbow pony (which i totally bet they dont even CARE about her name lol) but they put Rainbow Dash on my graduation card that stated that i was going to Bronycon. 

• Brohoof 1

My mom knows I like the show, my dad knows I like Ponies. I brought it up one time with my mom just so she knew I wasn't doing anything bad on the internet at night. My dad saw me wearing shirts and has seen the cards in my room, but he doesn't know that I actively watch the show. They basically know I watch the show and like ponies, but they however do not know the technical term for it.

• Brohoof 1

Nopony knows that I like watching this. blush.pngAs a new fan, it's to be expected. Will they know in the future? I do not know. Perhaps but I think it would be fine. Maybe a tease every now and then but nothing to get upset about. 

(edited)

I havn't lived with my mom since the show came out so no lol. My room mate knows but he watches Monster High so he can't say anything. I don't own any merchandise and probably won't but I enjoy the show and discussing things I like so that's what matters.

Edited by Big Brown
  • Brohoof 1

Oh yeah, everyone knows I'm a pegasister. My parents saw me watch and talk about it. They tease me about the Brony friends I have, but I don't mind. I put a pony picture on my locker so everyone can see it when I open it, but they don't really care. If they want to know about it, then I tell them. My best friend knows I watch the show and she said she was interested in watching it too. Basically, everyone knows and they either just don't care or they want to know why.

My father is almost nearing sixty and is a tenured professor in the University (that I won't mention for an obvious reason) in South Korea, he used to watch the hell out of Pokemon when the show was actually decent and would remark the crap out of Team Rocket's quote in the home. My mother is also a very successful scientist over there as well (I was born in US and lives in Arizona atm), both of them doesn't give a crap about those and my sister used to do cosplay until she became more focused on academic stuff.

Then again, my family members are all nutcases on their own, but I've been blessed to have 'friends' (as my mother describes) with fairly open attitude.

Do they know? No. They don't know. And they never will! Muhahahahahaha! Ehem.

But really, I don't want them to know, I don't think I could handle the constant teasing from them.

Been a pony fan since a child. I doubt its of any surprise to them that I embraced the new series. In fact I even got my husband into it, and several friends. I even got my mother to watch a few episodes and the ones I showed her choked her up and made her smile so yes :) I think its safe to say "they know" wowoooOoOOooO ;P lol

• Brohoof 1

My mom, my grandma, my aunt, my uncle, and my two cousins are aware of love for MLP. My uncle made fun of me once, but after that, never brought it up again, even though I wear the shirts all the time. My 11 year old cousin shows me her MLP toys and we play together sometimes but not offten. I don't really bring it up unless they do (which is rare). On a side note, I showed my mom (who is deaf) a picture of Derpy and the first thing she asked was: "What is that thing? Retarded?" I said, "You're one to talk. Do you know how retrarded deaf people sound?" It was a spur-of-the-moment kind of thing. Luckily, she just laughed about that and never spoke about it again. And to anypony who is offended by that comment, I am sorry.

Honestly, I doubt it. They aren't big on the whole "what a Fandom is" deal. I mean, yes, they've seen me watch it. I watch it in the living room, and in my room, but I also have a little sister about inside the demographic, so I don't know if they think I actually watch it on my own. Even if they do, they wouldn't care. At least I don't think they would. My parents are generally pretty chill with what I do.

My parents know I'm a brony. Nothing special, pretty much the standard response. Parents think I'm doing it to rebel, brothers mock me for it because it's 'girly', a bit of teasing here and there. Though there is the downside that they feel too insecure about how others view them to let me say anything about it to anyone outside the family.

(edited)

Well, my mum worked it out a while ago, but my dad still doesn't know! My mum was a Trekkie, so she could see the signs of someone being in a fandom! :P I'm a closet brony, so I find it very hard to actually tell anyone!

Edited by DJ-BRONI3

there is the downside that they feel too insecure about how others view them to let me say anything about it to anyone outside the family.

That was exactly the reaction I was expecting from my Mother but not because, I wasn't worried that she wouldn't approve or that she would think I was rebelling because of any insecurities she has. But I was worried that she would start worrying about me which I really think she does enough of already. As I have said earlier her reaction was about as positive as you could get, my brother dosen't know and I have no idea what his reaction would be.

Well, it was a bit more awkward with me.

Does my family know? Yes, they do.

My mom and dad think I'm pretty weird, and don't understand why, and whenever they see me on my computer, they usually say something criticizing about it, or something else.

Doesn't really stop me though, but they do get angry if I wanted to buy something MLP-related or whatnot.

I do have a younger brother as well who knows, who at first thought I was crazy and it was a girl's show (he's 9), but I came home from a party or something one day, and he comes up to me, and he's like "I LOVE MY LITTLE PONY (HAPPY FACE)". I'll never know why he decided to randomly try it out; must have been really bored lol

• Brohoof 1

i live with my dad, but he doesn't know. if i would ever tell him, i would probably go insane because he would keep teasing me with it. so i guess it's better this way. i have 2 brothers, one who is 2 years older then me and a twin brother. and so far the only person who knows it is my twin brother. he didn't tease me with it, he just thought i was weird...

I told my dad I saw a documentary on the brony fandom and he could automatically tell (he has a degree in psychology) I was a part of it. He said he didn't care what I watch, as long if it is not "you knowhuh.png ".

Sorta. yay.png

They know I watch My Little Pony, but I don't think they have any idea how obsessed I am with the show.

... and you know what? I'm fine with that.

Update: My mom found my Discord and Sombra standees, lol.

"What are those?"

"Uhmm..."

Also, I hope to go see Equestria Girls tomorrow, that will be fun to explain.

• Brohoof 1

I think so, I'm actually not sure,

Well my parents have seen all my Pony things around, and asked about it.

But they think I'm doing it because of a girl, Which I quite possible am, No, No I'm not...

But Still I would say yes.