Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Which pony would you marry?

Ninja Derpy

If I really had to marry one, I would marry Twilight Sparkle simply because she's my favorite character. Fluttershy comes in second. They'd both be cool to talk to.

• Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

hello! If you were forced to choose one pony to marry who would you go for? I'm quite interested to see what people like in a husband/wife. 

Gender does not matter here, just go on ponyality! 

post-11507-0-60498400-1357609330.jpg

I would pick Fluttershy, because not only is she my favorite pony and we would get along very well, but also I can't see her doing anything that might cause some sort of rift between us, so our marriage would be able to last.

I only read halfway through the question before I shouted PINKIE PIE..... meanwhile my brother and dad were in the room.

But yeshh, the Pink Pony for me :3333

Edited by Pinkazoid
  • Brohoof 1

If it means bringing back Derpy to MLP, then Derpy it is. If not, then it's still going to be Derpy anyway. Kappa.png

Actually, why would I want to marry a pony when I'm a human being? And why am I bringing Twitch to MLPForums? OMGScoots.png

Twilight, since we are both equally obsessed with learning. Today I confused some of my friends when I blew off playing Minecraft with them to read a book about theoretical physics. (I'm not that far in it but I plan to finish it over the duration of the week). And really we both love learning, that bond would draw us closer together.

In my opinion, reading is a great, fun way to spend your time, I particularly like to have some ambient soundtrack playing in the background to better help me concentrate on what I'm reading. Infact, after I stopped reading the book about physics a few hours ago, I've been reading some fascinating horror fics by one of my favorite authors H.P. Lovecraft, is his work not beautiful and generally astounding?

I can name the most pointless facts off the top of my hand for no reason. You know why I like to know things? Just to know them. And if I have a purpose for using it, I have quite a large vocabulary  I usually refrain from using it though because it makes me sound snoody.

I have a feeling Twilight is the same way about learning things.

Edited by Harmonic Revelations

Vinyl Scratch.

"Hold up there, StratoPegasus, I thought you've always said Rainbow Dash was best pony? Explain thyself!!"

Dashie and Vinyl are both tied as best ponies for me. However, I feel that Dashie isn't the "getting married" type. Her spirit is too free to ever settle down, she will always be living life on the edge, that's just how she is. I don't think marriage would be fair to her. As much as I too want to live on the edge (I'm a student pilot, plus I'm gonna learn skydiving this year, partially inspired by Dashie!), I probably couldn't keep up with her, and I wouldn't want her to have to slow down on life because of me.

On the other hand, I've also got dreams of being a DJ (fledgling dreams, but dreams nonetheless) and being a musician when I am not flying. So I could equally envision a life of spinning wubs for the world with my waifu Vinyl. :wub:

Edited by StratoPegasus

Rainbow Dash obviously, not that I've given extensive thought to the subject or anything...

But yeah, given the chance I'd marry Dashie in a heartbeat :).

"Not that I've given extensive thought to the subject or anything"

cough, cough bullcrap :P It's hard not to think about something as wonderful as that

• Brohoof 2

In my opinion, reading is a great, fun way to spend your time, I particularly like to have some ambient soundtrack playing in the background to better help me concentrate on what I'm reading.   I can name the most pointless facts off the top of my hand for no reason. You know why I like to know things? Just to know them.

Yeah I think I would go with Apple Jack personally, I mean she's hard working, industrious, fun loving and..... SHE HAS APPLES! I love apples ^^

also, she's so got the Best Voice Ever!

**also you probably like learning because you get a big Whack of endorphin's! It's your brain's way of saying 'Woo!'

Although I wouldn't actually marry a pony, for the thread's sake I'll say...

Pinkie Pie! Although she's not exactly the cutest of the bunch, I really can relate to her. Although she seems a bit too crazy to agree to marry.

Rarity, I feel would have very high standards.

Rainbow dash would seem too male to me, she's such a tomboy.

Fluttershy would make me feel awfully guilty, because she'd always be shy and doormat-like. I wouldn't want any girl to feel like that.

Twilight would be a good candidate, to be honest, but I don't think I'd have such a good time with here as opposed to Pinkie, and I really do not like Spike.

Applejack...I don't really see any NEGATIVES, but I can't really explain why I wouldn't wish to marry her, for some reason.

If I could, though, I'd go with Luna! She's simply so adorable and looks pretty badass(hate that phrase) at the same time :D

Given my recent history, I'd have to say that Dashie would be the one I'd pick.   I mean, first off, her voice is like, awesome.   Secondly, her speed matches well with my ability to run.  Third, I love her mane.  

Yeah.  

• Brohoof 2

marrymerainbow.jpg

Rainbow Dash easily. She's a simple girl, she knows what she wants, and she knows the difference between a loyal and supportive relationship and just tying somepony down. She'd do her thing, I'd do mine, and we'd come home at the end of the day and read together. Perfect.

• Brohoof 1

Hm.. i'd have to probably choose Twilight or Fluttershy.

Its hard to decide actually, I mean Twilight is really smart and I could learn alot from her, but even if we're both nerds, I'm more of a computer nerd, and shes more a book nerd so idk. She is cute though :D. Maybe I could change her a bit.

Then theres Fluttershy, and well i dunno, since we're both so shy I feel like things would be quiet awkward for a while, but she is really adorable :P.

Technically I could also marry Applejack. Considering we're both southern :P, but beyond that I don't have much of a reason.

• Brohoof 1

Well first of all, I would like to say that I'm assuming that we're marrying a humanized version of the pony, because I'm not terribly comfortable any other way.  That being said, if it had to be Mane 6, I'd probably choose Twilight.  While Fluttershy is my favorite, I'm not a huge fan of animals (that aren't housecats), so that could go south rather quickly.  If it had to be non-Mane 6, I'd choose Octavia because I love cello music, and if Octavia's playing for the biggest and most anticipated party in Equestria, then she's probably damn good at it.  If it could be any pony, then I'd go with Twilight, because we don't really know any canon facts about Octavia's personality (other than that she appears to get irritated when her playing is interrupted).

Octavia, she is perfect for me! :wub:

I'd take her to my orchestra, and we'd both be the favorites of everyone there! AND everyone would be super jelly of her skills.  she and I are a perfect musical match! :3

Well...this is going to be a strange answer coming from me...buuuuuuuuut if I had to choose a pony to marry? Well, I have two options, depending on the situation.

First choice is Princess Celestia. Yep, you heard that right. Give me the situation to be inmortal as her (and probably that there's no problem in marrying the royalty when she's one of the rulers of Equestria, and all that), and I'd probably pick her. Simple really. The reason why is because she's nice, she's caring, and while being one of the two rulers of Equestria, she's not as uptight as they'd deem her to be. And she's also pretty strong willed, to go on for 1000 years knowing she just banished her sister for well being of the country? Ouch. And she can also kick flank. Not really much else I'd ask. And I could also help her out with something ( I don't know what. Anything would be good for me. I'd rather not stay there doing nothing when my would-be-wife is pretty much doing eveyrthing. I wouldn't bear that. I hate it when I can't help out) :)

And if I didn't have the ability to get the whole situation? Lyra Heartstrings. Again, you heard that right. Why? Well, not because of her human-obssessed alter ego, that's for sure. :P But rather, the very little we've seem of her, she seemed...well... to be a pretty chill pony. And she just went and drank a smoothie in the middle of a battle. ^_^ But also because, if her cutie mark shows that she's really good with the lyre, and lives up to the name of touching heartstrings...well...I'd love to be hearing one of her songs, and appluse her at the end. :)

Weird thing is, none of them are my fav ponies. Those would be Rarity and Fluttershy, nº1 and 2. Celestia is nº3 tied with Spike and Lyra is tied nº5 with almost everypony else. :lol:

Edited by Arcanel
  • Brohoof 7

@Wartorious

I'm UK :) However I was up last night after a meal out with some friends, so opted to sleep in until about 1. Thus, I am still feeling awake now, despite needing to 'wake up' in about 4 hours.

Hmm, I have have to change my initial Pinkie Pie/Luna to Octavia, is there's one thing I love, it is music.

When words fail, music speaks.

Edited by Darke Pony