Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How to make a simple SIgnature and Avatar

~Starlight~

Ooh! Thank you sooo much! biggrin.png As soon as I get my new laptop for my birthday, I'll download this Paint.net and make myself a Sig and Avatar! I've always wanted to do that! Thanks a lot! This is very very helpful!

I am glad you like it! As soon as you get your laptop please post the avatar and signature and it can go in the hall of fame type thing in the first post! Good luck! :D

• Brohoof 1

I tried out your tutorial!!

Came up with this!!

I quite like it!!

Although being a bit cluttered,i think it suits me.

It is now my signature!!

Thanks for the tutorial!!!

You are awesome sigs and avatars,BTW!!

Keep up the good work!!

Thats really good! Honestly for one of your first signatures its great! I cannot wait to see more signatures from you! I would say the only problem is the wingull and Crazy have a black line bordering them, so when you're on the pony maker, make the background white, and when you google search Wingull but vector! :D But a great signature! :D

• Brohoof 1

Thanks!! I am so glad you like it!!!

Unfortunately there wasn't any Wingull vectors.

I had to erase the background of a screenshot.

As for Crazy,i will need to get the Pony Creator code off

of my old computer in order to change the background.

Here's two more i made

attachicon.gifSoarin Signature.png

This was practice

attachicon.gifStaches.png

This was just for fun!!

These are much better than the last one. I really like the Sorin one! The colour coordination is really well thought of, And the background is nice! :D And the pinkie one is really good too! :D 

• Brohoof 1

I took your advice from the thingy and this is what I came up with

post-15259-0-53968500-1370107963.jpg
I used 3 pictures of my OC Stardust and I think that it's pretty cool
  • Brohoof 3

i made a sig using this and considering how artistic i am, which i can barly draw stick figures, its a great tutoria. took me a while and you can tell it's the first i ever did, but for me it's great just need to host it somewhere and i'm set

post-16202-0-26338800-1370271081.png

• Brohoof 2

Oh wow this is really awesome that you made this thread for people mint:3! This is going to be so helpful to so many people out there. I may even learn a thing or two from this because I have never used paint.net yet to make any signatures. But you are seriously awesome for making this for others :D!

• Brohoof 1

Oh wow this is really awesome that you made this thread for people mint:3! This is going to be so helpful to so many people out there. I may even learn a thing or two from this because I have never used paint.net yet to make any signatures. But you are seriously awesome for making this for others biggrin.png!

Thanks Airbourne! I am very happy you like the tutorial! You lucky though, you have photoshop, I think I would make so much better signatures if I had that technology! Thanks! :D

• Brohoof 1

Thanks Airbourne! I am very happy you like the tutorial! You lucky though, you have photoshop, I think I would make so much better signatures if I had that technology! Thanks! :D

Of course but it was very kind of you to make this for others. Speaking about Photoshop I am going to send you a PM with a link to use it :3 that is how I have been using it ;).
  • Brohoof 1

Well, I've made a couple of Signatures Using Paint.NET and I've got to Say, they've Worked well, 

I'll post them tomorrow, as I'm a Bit Drunk and Tired, I don't want to be Posting the Wrong Photos...

But as I mentioned, Amazing Job :3

Well, I've made a couple of Signatures Using Paint.NET and I've got to Say, they've Worked well, 

I'll post them tomorrow, as I'm a Bit Drunk and Tired, I don't want to be Posting the Wrong Photos...

But as I mentioned, Amazing Job :3

Great! I cannot wait to see it please post when you're not drunk! :D  And also thanks for saying I did such an amazing job! Makes me happy to hear stuff like that! :D

Great! I cannot wait to see it please post when you're not drunk! biggrin.png  And also thanks for saying I did such an amazing job! Makes me happy to hear stuff like that! biggrin.png

No Problem, I always give credit when it's given, and this is one of those times,

it really is an effective and Simple Tutorial on making amazing Signatures,

I am Terribly Horrible at making signatures, but now I'm getting there, you made it simple to Understand,

Thank you! :3

~Leafie

• Brohoof 1

Great tutorial nice and easy to follow I've managed to make a new signature for myself by following your instructions here is the result of my work smile.png.

Thank's again!

post-13595-0-94437700-1370282535.png

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

That's a pretty cool tutorial! Unfortunately, I don't have Windows so I can't use Paint.net. I use GIMP instead, because it's available for virtually every platform.

I have been using GIMP for a long time, and I don't think you have to be good in order to use it. It may seem daunting at first, but it's so well supported and there are so many guides out there that it's really very easy to learn.

Edited by Iridian

(edited)

i wish i could give you more brohoof's for this mint i made a avatar cause of paint.net also, it's not the best but considering it came from probally the least artistic person around it's pretty dam good. btw apparenty scootaloo got drafted by the Buffalo Bills. I'm gonna playaround a bit to get rid of the white spots. Edit i messed around a bit and came up with this now i think it looks better

post-16202-0-80864500-1370360010.png

post-16202-0-70675000-1370361535.png

Edited by DaReaper

I feel like a dope, as everyone else seems to have figured this out really easily-but I can't even get past the first instruction-I found the 'resize' button, but I don't see how to resize the image to anything x anything. it just gives straight numbers, and doesn't let you put a x in there.

I am brand new at this stuff and am already on the verge of bailing. Please simplify it for an old codger.

(edited)

I feel like a dope, as everyone else seems to have figured this out really easily-but I can't even get past the first instruction-I found the 'resize' button, but I don't see how to resize the image to anything x anything. it just gives straight numbers, and doesn't let you put a x in there.

I am brand new at this stuff and am already on the verge of bailing. Please simplify it for an old codger.

for the resize turn off keep aspect ratio and the first number enter 600 and for the second enter 100, just remember to turn back on maintain aspect ratio when resizing your vector pics. hope that helped for that part after that it's all just following the instructions but i did find a glitch in it when entering text sometimes it wont come up way to fix that is save your current pic and restart the program

Edited by DaReaper

Thanks for the help-I tried doing what you said and still didn't get anywhere with it. Maybe my computers too old or something-I'm running Xp on an old dell latitude. Never mind, I was never really very arty anyhow. I'll still enjoy seeing everyone else's cool sigs.

Thanks.

This is a really useful tutorial. I am bad with finding good programs for signature making. And I like how your signature came out!

• Brohoof 1

This is a good tutorial my sig dont look the best but daminit i did it, my avatar came out pretty good though, i had to put all the stuff on the helmet and blend the backround but ueah i like this and gonna try more after i play around

Its always nice to see another signature tutorial to help out those noobies that want to create their very own signature. You've even inspired me to create the master thread of all things signature making and sharing all my knowledge about creating all sorts of signatures, but since I use Photoshop and not everyone can easily download it, I'm kind of worried that it might not be useful to everypony. :(

• Brohoof 5

Its always nice to see another signature tutorial to help out those noobies that want to create their very own signature. You've even inspired me to create the master thread of all things signature making and sharing all my knowledge about creating all sorts of signatures, but since I use Photoshop and not everyone can easily download it, I'm kind of worried that it might not be useful to everypony. :(

hey help is help even if people cant use it, not everyone is willing to lend a hand err hoof. I would have to upgrade my computer before i get photoshop though i still run vista, i'm cheap

hey help is help even if people cant use it, not everyone is willing to lend a hand err hoof. I would have to upgrade my computer before i get photoshop though i still run vista, i'm cheap

You could easily grab a free copy of Windows 7 off the Internet if you wanted to. I'll be working on this guide possibly this week and release it during the Summer holidays.