Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

MUSICIANS NEEDED CLICK HERE!

~Starlight~

I play the flute. I'd prefer Flute 1 or Flute 2.

What songs where you thinking of having all of us play together?

My Little Orchestra: Forums are Magic?

• Brohoof 1

Are we playing songs from the show? If so,.can we do Flim Flam Brothers? (Mainly because I think that would have trombone melody...) but, other than that, it's one of my favorites from the show.

• Brohoof 1

I play the flute. I'd prefer Flute 1 or Flute 2.

What songs where you thinking of having all of us play together?

My Little Orchestra: Forums are Magic?

Sounds good to me! If you were 1st flute that sounds good! And great idea for the name! Basically we will be playing pony songs, and mixtures of songs. :)

Are we playing songs from the show? If so,.can we do Flim Flam Brothers? (Mainly because I think that would have trombone melody...) but, other than that, it's one of my favorites from the show.

Sure, we will probably the big songs like that in our orchestra, but of course, I just realized about the solos, Yes I agree with that though, you will have a solo in Flim and Flam.

(edited)

Hm... Anypony need an organ player?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IdVIVpFfQ7A

I do play the organ, the piano and the violin (piano technically is my best instrument though). Additionally I do sing countertenor (which means I sing alto) or baritone if needed. Tenore is possible as well.

Oh, and I do compose and can arrange stuff if needed. (Pony.fm or Soundcloud if you're interested.)

Edited by Naturematthe
  • Brohoof 1

THIS IS INGENIOUS!!! 8D Count me in. I play trumpet and I'm decent at it; I'd take a Trumpet 2 or 3 part, or maybe 1. Whatevsies.

Questions:

-How will we contact each other? PMs? Skype group?

-Will we record separately and then someone will mash it together, or will we somehow record simultaneously?

-What will we be playing? Will someone need to arrange it for the group?

That said, this sounds like an amazing idea, and I'm excited to see if it works out :3

• Brohoof 1

Well, I don't know how apt I am to being able to participate.  But I have a few things up my sleeve.  If I were to do guitar, it'd be lead, I'm not much of a rythm guitarist.

Follower Piano

Bass guitar

Lead guitar

Extra guitar

Tenor voices

Bass voices

• Brohoof 1

I can do backup piano or lead piano. Or Extra guitars. But I use a digital keyboard.. And a stringless v-guitar..

But if you think I dont fit for any of those, you can hit me up for mixing, sound editing/engineering and such. I'll let my experience do the talking for me on this one. I've been doing this for almost 8 years now. And it *IS* my full time job doing all sorts of audio tinkering.. so.. yeah..

If you're interested, feel free to stop by my yt channel and and have a peak of what I do:

\http://www.youtube.com/user/galiant609

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I play bass guitar, have been playing for about 9 or 10 months with private lessons, if you would like to discuss further you can chat with me on skype, name is watamacha32

I can imagine a lot of people will be attempting to get bass guitar parts, so if you would like to see some of my playing we could arrange that through skype. I know a decent amount of music theory and could probably write some bass lines or something. also, what do conductors even do, we can't really play live because of people living to far away and because of the latency of, say, a group video call on google+ or skype.

Edited by TwilizzleFoShizzle
  • Brohoof 1

I'm in the music program at school,

so I'mm in the pistion of low voices like alto and tenor and I've been playing piano for 2 and a half years and on level 3 a or b (confusing system ) so I'm happy too do that 

• Brohoof 1

Another question. Are we getting sheet music to work with or will we have to improvise everything on our own? Also, how will you make sure everyone plays at the same tempo? If you're just going to mash everything together, then everyone's recordings have to be nearly perfect, both in notes and in synchronization.

• Brohoof 1

This sounds like a really cool idea, I could do some electric guitar... if you want , I'm a pretty good lead player and i also have software to record! :)  

Here are some recordings i did earlier in the year if you're interested

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAjbIVaNKk8

Lead guitar bits are at 1:54 and 2:40 on this one :3 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpO-J4dsv1A

(edited)

Another question. Are we getting sheet music to work with or will we have to improvise everything on our own? Also, how will you make sure everyone plays at the same tempo? If you're just going to mash everything together, then everyone's recordings have to be nearly perfect, both in notes and in synchronization.

Simple, mah boy: metronomes. I'd hazard a guess to say that there's probably a plethora of metronome apps out there that can be downloaded for free. And if not, then I or somepony else can generate a click track and send it to everypony to play to. :)

EDIT: Of course, I realize metronomes really don't give the same effect as having a visual conductor who can indicate (de)crescendos or ritardandos at a moment's notice, so our orchestra would probably sound unnaturally "perfect" as a result. The only other alternative I could think of would be to videotape someone conducting and have everypony play to the video...which seems kind of weird to me. XD

Edited by Lowline
  • Brohoof 2

Hey FrozenMint! I would love love love to join in on this!

I play the flute and I've played for two years now. I am one of the best flutes in my class and love to play! My range right now is high G (like over the ledger line), and low C (the lowest note a flute can go to, besides low B flat, but I don't have an open holed flute yet.). I would love to sign up for the 1st flute part, but you can put me 2nd if you want. I'm just a bit better with higher notes sometimes. :P I have the best tone quality in my class and I am always in tune. :D

If you would like me to send in a recording of me playing something, feel free to ask!

I sing tenor very well. I went to state in Illinois this past year and sung in the state choir. Less than 100 tenors made the cut. I can also sing bass and my falsetto can reach into the soprano range with ease. I would love to be a part of this :D

• 5 weeks later...

I have played alto saxophone for about 2 years and I am decent at playing if needed I could possibly play tenor sax but if you go to everyponysings.com they have entire band scores and sheet music if you would like to look at that for the music you need.

Hello! I'm a clarinetist and have been playing for five years. I've been mostly on first clarinet parts, but I still enjoy playing second clarinet parts if they challenge me. I can go pretty high or pretty low and right now I'm working on figuring out how to play the Avengers theme. I can even send a file if you want one.

Thanks,

~Little Lizards

(edited)

Throughout my life I've played the piano for fun, and the flute and clarinet in band. Right now I play the clarinet, so I will play CLARINET !

I am better at playing the lower noters so whichever part has all or mostly low notes, I would like to play that part.

Edited by EmeraldDazzle

I can't play any of the instruments you have listed here, but I do play saxophone pretty well, so if you want to find a part for that, I'd be happy to help!!  ;)