Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

New genre: rockafilly!

Saturnsparkle

(edited)

Omigod that's a hilarious idea, i love it. Even if its only a single one song track with that genre name as a song title its worth doing. Do you play any instruments and are you planning to run with this?

FYI I've had an idea of a ponified Smiths tribute band called Maressey that's been on the drawing board for just under a year. Hopefully will eventually come into reality someday. While The Smiths were more jangle pop then Morrissey's rockabilly solo stuff i thought i'd mention it as i love your idea. happy.png

Edited by Freewave

The most important question when adding new genres to Pony.fm is, do enough brony make music in that style to justify a Pony.fm genre?

It sounds like a really fun idea, but we must remember that the purpose of PFM's genres is to taxonomize brony music. If anyone could share some examples of the current presence of "rockafilly" tunes (gosh, I love that name! :lol:) in the community, a more informed decision could be made.

Oh i never knew this was in the pony.fm subforum, thought it must have been in the music discussion subforum. But yeah i dont think anyone is making this kind of music currently. Hell i only found 2 significant brony trap songs and that's supposed to be the "next dubstep". Not quite yet i think....