Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Criticism for my OC

Repsidy

This is my OC Lune Écarlate (Scarlet Moon) Shes actually my first attempt at making a pony that didn't require me using a guide as a reference. post-15883-0-98703100-1370119652_thumb.jpg    in all retrospect she wasn't even gonna be a character I was gonna use at all but when i started writing her back-story I just sorta fell in love with the character.

I would love criticism on her and there's 3 more versions of her *all part of a set* that are on my deviantart acc

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Something was here. Something was here. Something was here. Something was here. Something was here. Something was here. 

Edited by NONAME
  • Brohoof 3

I am always up for constructive criticism myself. For a first attempt, it is very good.

The standard problems are present, the legs are to small and spaced to far apart. the neck is a bit long, but I do like the style you are going for. The head and tail is screaming that you have a style trying to come out.

When I am teaching people to draw ponies, I usually make them draw a forward facing pose, that usually takes care of the leg sizing. All in all. Damned good for a first attempt! I hope we see more.

Thanks! didn't even realize that the legs were to far apart but not that you mention they do seem quite a bit off of what is normal

i'll try correcting the legs when I get a chance

Also didn't even think of trying a forward facing pose

Thanks for the critique!!

(edited)

This is my OC Lune Écarlate (Scarlet Moon) Shes actually my first attempt at making a pony that didn't require me using a guide as a reference. img-1519021-1-attachicon.gif: askdigiral.tumblr.com

Edited by Digiral
  • Brohoof 1

Hey , hey, hey!!!! I just clicked this tread , and look OUR OC have same design =.= 

Look at the leg!!!

6tzVf0N.jpgAnyway , Nice .....

Steel hind leg ._. same just like me  and IT's actualyy a unicorn too ._. nice.....

And about drawing , Actually , it's good , but the leg is too small , the proportion of head seems okay ......

I suggest you to use guide before drawing it ......

Oh and the ears , don't make that ear too pointy , but if that's your OC design , so no probelm ....

ummm , I guess that's all I want to say , usually , I never reply to random tread , BUT because your OC have same design , I must reply  it XD never takes this reply seriously XD 

Hey , can I add your OC to my comic ? i guess it will be awsome if it do XD here the link where i post my comic http://askdigiral.tumblr..cpm

Haha, steel legs all the way

This was actually an attempt at not using a guide *mostly because when i use a guide I start to suffer from a bit of OCD (Must be perfect)*

you'll have to send me the link a different way everytime i click it it just sends me back to this post

and ya the OC's ears are supposed to be that way *actually the front left ear is basically a /V shape and the earring is just there to hide it

Thanks for your advice!

• Brohoof 1

I like the first one it looks cool and seems cool I think Maybe if you want to you could add more cybernetic parts if you want to make it look cooler

• Brohoof 1

I like the first one it looks cool and seems cool I think Maybe if you want to you could add more cybernetic parts if you want to make it look cooler

Normally I'd be with you but in the case of this OC the parts that are cybernetics relate to the back-story

Maybe my next OC i'll add a bit more cybernetic parts:D

Also i've edited Lune. i believe I got the legs fixed *well mostly at least*

post-15883-0-16043100-1370137589_thumb.jpg

• Brohoof 1

Hmm, it is nice to see that her design is relatively original.

Though, as pointed out before, the body is too long, but I contend that the primary issue is that it is a bit too oblong in shape.

Ponies have more curvature than that in their shape, must notably in their back, and their "tummy" is generally thinner than their "chest".

• Brohoof 1

Hmm, it is nice to see that her design is relatively original.

Though, as pointed out before, the body is too long, but I contend that the primary issue is that it is a bit too oblong in shape.

Ponies have more curvature than that in their shape, must notably in their back, and their "tummy" is generally thinner than their "chest".

Hmmm, ya I see that now *been looking at other peoples work and work from the show* and noticed that i'm still off from perfection

but I generally like this character with the body like that *except maybe the stomach, I may change that*

Thanks for your honesty:D!

Ya so I like what you did with the tail with how you positioned the red coloring and the white dot and how you did it on the ears too

Thanks!:D

actually im still debating on the dots in the hair mostly because I want it to look more like a calligraphy pen and instead of the white dots it would be see through like it was cut in the oval shape