Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Dad Troubles

Skar

I'm getting ranted on from my dad about liking MLP and being on the forums almost all the time. He knows I'm not gay (I'm definitely not) but I had told him that a majority of the people in the fandom are guys. I replied with "That means that your probably the 1% that's not gay" I got in this big argument about that most of the guys are straight, even told him about that poll that was posted about people's sexuality, where a large majority voted straight. His still saying liking the show is for faggots.

I guess me loving the show finally got to him. His being stubborn as a mule.

How should I deal with him? Love and Tolerate?

Edited by Skar

It's a show for children... How does liking something outside of your age range make someone gay?

"If you don't like homosexuality, blame the straight people! They're the ones having all the gay babies!"

• Brohoof 2

Don't get super defensive over it and just let him whine. If you do start getting on the defensive, it makes it seem like you have something out of the norm to be defending; there's nothing particularly wrong with MLP:FiM or being part of the fandom. Make that understood through your reactions and you'll be okay.

• Brohoof 1

He shouldn't be making fun of people he doesn't know. I mean, I don't go making fun of Justin Bieber fans because I don't like him, so tell your dad not to judge people based on what they entertain themselves with, it's just something that should not be done.

Shrug it off. You give bullies ammunition only if you make it seem like you care. So just don't, and he'll stop eventually.

OR, since he's your DAD, tell him how he's making you feel bad. I'm sure a parent's intention isn't to do that to their child, and he'll stop once he realizes that he's crossed the line.

Since he's brushed off the solid proof of those graphs I'll assume he's putting up a wall and denying everything you say without cognitive reasoning.

A good thing to try and persuade him to opening up would be to show him real world examples, such as a brony friend you have and whatnot.

If all else fails I would assume the 'Haters Gonna Hate' attitude, chin up be proud and assertive whenever he pokes at you.

Hope I helped.

• Brohoof 2

My dads often nasty about MLP to me, as some of you may know. Ive pretty much just stopped caring and I now completly ignore him every time he mentions it. But if you dont want to do that to your dad, try explaining to him that he needs to have a bit more of an open mind about the whole thing, and that were not all gay just because were not part of the original target audience. Although we are pretty much the target audience now...

OR... *muwahaha*

Trick him into watching an episode! All that did was p**s of my dad, but im sure yours will have a blast of a time once he gets used to it!

Probably.

Edited by HanPolo138