Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

music Rock songs with deep meanings?

Midnight Dragon

Hey, could someone suggest some good rock songs that have very deep meanings (and could probably be interpreted many ways)?

I'm a Christian, so I want clean music only. However, the music doesn't need to be Christian (a lot of songs I like either aren't Christian or are just not blatantly so). It just needs to not have any swearing or other inappropriate stuff in it.

I don't care what the band is--some songs I love are by bands I'd never listen to otherwise :lol:

• Brohoof 4

(edited)

Ever heard Three Days Grace?

A lot of their songs have meaning to them. I really recommend you check out more of their songs. img-1522059-1-biggrin.png They're awesome!

Edited by PinkiePieStyle16
  • Brohoof 2

(edited)

img-1522077-1-smile.png Here have some Pink Floyd, basically all of their songs are incredibly deep.

Us and Them

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Yq7gDYDyxOs

Comfortably Numb

This is about as deep as rock music gets, pretty damn deep.

Also look into "Time" and "Wish You Were Here"

Nothing beats Pink Floyd in deepness.

Edited by Dark Moon
  • Brohoof 2

After a little rooting around in my Itunes, and on Youtube, I've dug up a couple that I though of off the top of my head as I looked through names:

And I think this counts as Indie soft rock:

(edited)

The two songs that I have posted on my profile mean a lot to me. But I have been listening to Social Distortion a lot the past few weeks since I just now have been getting into that band and I love all of their material.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79VWcu8Ms58&feature=player_embedded

These songs can really relate to anyone + Mike Ness is a genius.

Edited by Gone ϟ Airbourne
  • Brohoof 1

The two songs that I have posted on my profile mean a lot to me. But I have been listening to Social Distortion a lot the past few weeks since I just now have been getting into that band and I love all of their material.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79VWcu8Ms58&feature=player_embedded

These songs can really relate to anyone + Mike Ness is a genius.

Social Distortion is great stuff, I have a cousin who's a huge fan of them. 

this song is so damn deep, its christain too ( i belive) you could live your entire life by listening to the lyrics of this song!

I DOUBT Dream Theater is Christian, either way Opeth is a gaziliion times better.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dB1NuL-8Dhc

• Brohoof 2

La Dispute has some awesome lyrics. I highly recommend checking them out. The song I posted below is one of my favorites from them. Very interesting lyrics.

Social Distortion is great stuff, I have a cousin who's a huge fan of them. 

Tell me about it I bought 4 of their albums already Mommy's Little Monster, Social Distortion, Sex, Love & Rock n' Roll, and Hard Times & Nursery Rhymes.

The Foo Fighters have a lot of material that I love and has some deep meaning to me especially.

• Brohoof 1

i suggest basically any song from rise against ... but especially there song hero of war:

three days grace is good too. but if you want really good rock songs with quality and deep meaning then rise against is your band

• Brohoof 2

@@zlogi

Rise against <3 I love them

Here is another song with tons of meaning especially in our day in age we live in now.

When I first heard this song a while back it took me by surprise. Great song btw.

I know I have posted quite a bit here but I know there are a lot of rock songs out there that have some really deep meanings. 

One of my all time favorite Iron Maiden songs to come out in the past years. 

• Brohoof 1

Tell me about it I bought 4 of their albums already Mommy's Little Monster, Social Distortion, Sex, Love & Rock n' Roll, and Hard Times & Nursery Rhymes.

I'd say Mommy's Little Monster is my favorite album by them, followes by thier Self-tittled.

Gonna post some Acid Bath, this song's kinda got a sad feel to it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJSZ_gLstXs

And these guys are great too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfY0Hg1XfzY

Real bluesy feel right there.

Never heard of these guys before, but I really like them. Thank you for sharing, I now have a new band to listen to.

Wish I could post Jeremy by Pearl Jam, but it is "inappropriate"

Also really wish I could post Disarm by Smashing Pumpkins, but for obvious reasons I can't.

Oh look I mentioned them both, oh well.yay.png

Here is Obscured by Smashing Pumpkins

Here is Sound of Silence by Simon And Garfunkel 

Deep as hell.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Here is another song with tons of meaning especially in our day in age we live in now.

When I first heard this song a while back it took me by surprise. Great song btw.

I know I have posted quite a bit here but I know there are a lot of rock songs out there that have some really deep meanings. 

Dangit you beat me! I wanted to post that!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGPD0ZBiMs0

War Pigs by Black Sabbath. There are probably a lot of Black Sabbath songs that could fit here, but I figure this one gets the point across.

Edited by TheSteampunkNinja (TSN)
  • Brohoof 1

I DOUBT Dream Theater is Christian, either way Opeth is a gaziliion times better.
 you know i have never had an interaction with you when you werent disagreeing with me? 

they are christian sometimes not all of there songs are but some are

anyways, i know you are still going to disagree with me, whatever thats your opinion 

and btw i never said Dream theater was good,  nor did i say that they were a gazillion** times better than any other band.....

Eat the Rich by Aerosmith. Its hidden meaning is that Steven Tyler has opted for cannibalism in order to try to rejuvenate his face.

• Brohoof 1

This to me has to be one of the most uniquely interesting songs by AC/DC it is very different. The lyrics well listen to the song for one. I have always loved this song and love to listen to it when I am down. 

• Brohoof 1

you know i have never had an interaction with you when you werent disagreeing with me?

they are christian sometimes not all of there songs are but some are

anyways, i know you are still going to disagree with me, whatever thats your opinion

and btw i never said Dream theater was good, nor did i say that they were a gazillion** times better than any other band.....

Dream Theater isn't a Christian band, they're progressive metal. They're what you would call secular, or non-religious. I've sat through an entire Dream Theater album, there was nothing religious about it. Philosophical? Yes. Religious? No.

Sure music subjective but you can't really describe a band as being a sub genre that they aren't.

Ughh... why must we bring religion alongside with music?? That has to be one of the dumbest things ever. Topics such as that should never be discussed and should be kept to a minimum.....

On topic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=o22eIJDtKho

Johnny Cash was no ordinary man... RIP The Man in Black

I wasn't trying to start an argument, I was just telling him that Dream Theater are a progressive band and that they're not preaching religion in any of their songs. That's all I said.
  • Brohoof 1

I was just telling him that Dream Theater are a progressive band and that they're not preaching religion in any of their songs. That's all I said.

And you were exactly right in everything you had stated there. I just wish others *not you* would not bring religious matters into discussion because all it causes nothing but trouble... but you already knew that fact. 

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
This to me has to be one of the most uniquely interesting songs by AC/DC it is very different. The lyrics well listen to the song for one. I have always loved this song and love to listen to it when I am down. 

I'm not usually an ACDC fan, but I actually like this song. 

Here is a band I only discovered a few days ago, they really should get more attention. Really deep.

Always Gold by Radical Face

Ghost Towns by RF

I feel like this just turned into the official deep music thread. I bet Midnight Dragon only started this thread to get idea's for a song that could be dissected for a school project. Maybe she was looking for some deep music since she is 15. dunno just thinking aloud here.

Edited by Dark Moon
  • Brohoof 1