Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv What time is it? Adventure Time!

Neko-Chan

I have yet to watch that episode because I somehow missed it, but I've heard from many people including yourself that the Ice King's backstory is really really sad. Don't know if I'm looking forward to that episode or not because I already feel sorry for him and watching it might also make me cry img-1459543-1-sad.png

It is a great episode. Definitely watch it as soon as you can. It clears a lot of things up. I hope they make another episode talking about Marceline & Ice Kings past a bit more. 

I have a few questions as I'm new to Adventure Time but seems to like what they offer. I've noticed that like MLP it has a unique and fun animation style, quirky humor aimed for an older audience, enough female characters to allow shipping and rule 34, loads of continuity, characters and plot, and just LIKE Mlp lots of fun quirky songs. So how big and organized IS the A.T. fanbase do they have their own musician fannon doing covers and originals or writers who delve in fanfiction?  Just curious how big a fanbase it is compared to ours as they seem to have all the ingredients in place. If they have any essential links like their own verion of EQD lemme know?   img-1451511-1-happy.png

I'm a HUGE fan of Adventure Time, and yeah, the fanbase is pretty big, and there's a LOT of fanfiction/shipping, art and a fair amount of music. I wouldn't say its as big as the MLP fanbase, but the fans are pretty rabid about the show. 

Cosplay at conventions is really popular too. I'd say the fanbase is kinda similar to a lot of anime fanbases,

The success of the series has also led to a LOAD of merchandise, and an several extremely popular comic book series'.

Anyway, it's an amazing show, and it never fails to make me laugh, and in some cases, cry. The surreal humour is great, the music and voice acting is amazing, and the animation is quirky and smart.

The backstory of the land of Ooo, as well as of the characters' is very interesting, and gets quite emotional in later seasons. 

Its my second favourite show, closely behind MLP, and at one point, was my favourite show of all time.

• Brohoof 2

Oh man why haven't I posted here earlier? Adventure Time is one of my #1 all-time favorite T.V. shows it only being rivaled by MLP. It's easily considered to be a " don't judge a book by its cover" show.

If you watch it enough to understand it's backstory it's pretty deep, dark and somewhat depressing bit that's why I absolutely love this show. It's a colorful, magical and vivid world where while there is lighthearted fun it can get quite serious at times.

My favorite character is Lady Rainicorn obviously despite how little screen time she kind of has compared to the rest of the main character cast. (She has a episode dedicated to her each season. + Cameos)

• Brohoof 2

I REALLY like Adventure Time, but I have my problems with it.

1. I don't like Finn. I think he's bland, generic, or just flat out creepy (Flame Princess' first episode for evidence of this)

2. I HAAAATE Flame Princess. Not because I ship Adventure Time characters, but she's too one note: it's get mad, turn into a fire monster. Not to mention, I find her extremely annoying.

3. Some of the "weird talk" it can be funny maybe 15% of the time, but other than that it's grating to the mind. The real humor comes from every other aspect.

4. I REALLY don't like Fionna and Cake episodes. The first was at least pretty good, and had a great twist. But then they decide to make it the Ice King's undergoing arc through the series to get his fanfic characters to life. (Which is a shame. The Ice King and Marceline are my two favorites) speaking of Marceline, Marshal Lee is a complete *********, he raps during his first speaking episode......NO.

But Adventure Time is still a fairly good show, despite all that. It can be funny, cool, and even sad at moments (I remember you......that is all) and is in my top 30 shows. Although I still say Regular Show is better

Adventure time come on grab your friends, we're going to very distant lands! Adventure time is my second favorite cartoon after MLP:FiM. I find adventure time very fun and refreshing. Go Finn and Jake and kick Ice Kings butt :P

• 5 months later...

@Discordian,

@cuteycindyhoney,

@Sir.Flutter Hooves,

Recently we found that there were loads of old threads for discussing Adventure Time here and there in Media Discussion. All of you had made threads about that at some point, and all of your topics have been merged together with an older one to make a more central thread for talking about the show.  Just letting you all know :).

• Brohoof 1

@Discordian,

@cuteycindyhoney,

@Sir.Flutter Hooves,

Recently we found that there were loads of old threads for discussing Adventure Time here and there in Media Discussion. All of you had made threads about that at some point, and all of your topics have been merged together with an older one to make a more central thread for talking about the show.  Just letting you all know smile.png.

Have I just been assimilated? I haven't watched Adventure Time in quite a while. I have to get back to it. Fin and Jake did have a cameo in an episode of Futurama. Bender told them to shut up! LOL!

I really really tried to like Adventure Time. I gave it the old college try, but I don't don't like it. The animation was not to my liking. Normally I like weird, but for this show it was just too much strange. When I started watching MLP, I was hooked within the first few minutes. Adventure Time turned me off in the first few minutes.