Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv What time is it? Adventure Time!

Neko-Chan

I love Lumpy Space Rarity! Here's another. It's more of a paste up, but it is funny! If you know Adventure Time, you'll know why this cracked me up! Posted Image

Yeah, Jake would totally say that! :lol:

• 1 month later...

I kinda stayed away from it because I hated the artstyle with a passion.

Today I finally watched some (The episode with the Lich and the end of the episode with the cyclops who's tears healed everyone) and it actually wasn't bad at all. If it had a better artstyle it would probably be one of the best shows on TV, ranked up there with MLP.

Oh and I also watched some of the new Thundercats and Young Justice. All of the shows were pretty cool.

i dont like the art style either but, I FREAKIN LOVE THAT SHOW!! its my second fave (mlp is first XD)

and what did you think of the new thundercats? ive always loved them, ive got thundercats everytihng!

I never was much of a fan of the original Thundercats. I thought their designs were fugly. This new Thundercats is different though, I really like their character designs and I love how it's more technology than the other one.

I admit that I never particularly watched the old Thundercats much either though. They were before my time and I was a 90's kid so I never got much chance to watch them in the first place and when I did have that chance I never took it because, like I said, the artstyle bugged me.

That's a reoccurring thing with me, if I don't like the artstyle it turns me away from it initially. xD

lol I saw commercials for it and I've seen it here and there.

It's too bad I don't have cable at all, I have to watch everything online which makes it harder to find and also you don't necessarily get good quality videos.

Ack...I tried to give it a chance but it was just too weird for my liking...If the artstyle wasn't so well...So to speak lazy? I mean I could draw that style easily but if it was more complex looking then it could very well do better.

Young Justice though - One of the best shows ever.

It's the one thing I hate about cartoons nowadays, they sacrifice good artstyle and animation for well...nothing. It doesn't add anything to use stupid artstyles. There's a difference between cartoony and just badly drawn. Most cartoons nowadays are the latter.

I actually enjoy the art style of Adventure TIme, it's simplistic but it has a fluidity that's really hard to match. In fact, I really can't recall many series that actually ever used a more developed art style to it's advantage, save for Avatar of course.

• 2 months later...