Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv What time is it? Adventure Time!

Neko-Chan

The only reason I can think of for liking Adventure Time is BECAUSE of it's nonsensical nature!

Thats exactly what I had on my mind.. :lol:

And LSP is the most funny princess ever. Just the fact she´s a princess is funny.

• Brohoof 3

I like it. Not love it. I would watch it. But its not one of my favorite cartoons. Its think its ok. Its funny at times but sometimes it gets i a little too weird, u know? Weird like "O_o wtf did i just see?" Then there times when its like "CANNOT UNSEE AHHH!!!" but then theres times it makes me laugh.

So... anyone have anywhere I could watch it?

http://www.mastertoo...enture-Time.php I use this to watch it. There are shit-tons of ads, but I think it's worth it because Adventure Time is one of my favorite shows.

I love Adventure Time. Regular Show is so boring, and the characters are obnoxious (except for Pops, I love him). I even have an Adventure Time shirt.

Marceline and LSP are the best characters. I can do LSP's voice, lol.

Edited by spaghettinoodles
  • Brohoof 1

I never actually watched it but I heard it was good and I like random humor so I should love this show too. French Teletoon is getting it this fall along with Regular Shows so I'll try them both then.

Edited by notdog1996

I love Adventure Time on Cartoon Network, but nothing beats the original short in my mind

http://vimeo.com/18048476.

Some of the new episodes can be a little too random, but that's just a small complaint. It is a very funny show that always puts a smile on my face.

One of my favorite things about it is how there are hints about the "Land of Oooo" and its background. For example, the reason Finn is the last human may because the show is about a post-nuclear war apocalypse. Numerous times throughout the show a "Great Mushroom War" (Nuclear War) is mentioned, and when Finn travels into space you can clearly see a large chunk of the Earth is blown away. The only reason Finn survived was because as a baby he was abandoned in a forest that wasn't targeted in the nuclear war, after which he was found by Jake's dad and subsequently adopted.

While little to none of this may actually be true, having little tidbits of info in the show that lead to speculation make Adventure Time that much more interesting for me.

• Brohoof 1

I have a couple more quotes that cracked me up!

"Whoa Nelly! Something MEDICAL is happening!"

- Doctor Princess

"The Ice King abducted me while I was distracted by the horrifying beauty of birth"

- Doctor Princess

“I'm not even a princess, it's a surname."

- Doctor Princess

"It's a wand that poops glitter. What could be gooder then that?"

- Jake, The Dog

Now here's an animated GIF image I found the other day!

Posted Image

I forgot to mention it. Has anyone else seen "Lady and Peebles" yet? Yikes, what an ending!! I can't wait to see where they go with THAT!

Edited by cuteycindyhoney

i really enjoy adventure time not at first but then it grew on me because i started to notice how messed up it is when you actually look deeper than the jokes and see the backgrounds. i love the whole subtle post-apocalyptic feel.

I only watched the first episodes, I like it, The only thing that disturbs me is the fans, They always have these fantacys of the female charaters only being lesbian, And the only episode I gotta hate is Fonda and Cake for the fan reason plus it was boring as hell, I mean, There's all kinds of fandoms that have these creepy sides to them, But Adventure Time fans to me have the most fans that have that problem, And the other fandom tying with this creepy obsession for lesbian/gay cartoon charaters is our own fandom, But over all I like Adventure Time.

I remember the first time I watched Adventure Time.

I hadn't seen Cartoon Network in years (No Samurai Jack... also My Gym Partner's A Monkey and Johnny Test just sort of made me hate watching cartoons) So one day I flipped on the TV and they played an episode and the music just reminded me of playing my gameboy as a kid, and then the whole boy with his magic dog thing just made me super nostalgic... and it was the one where there were a bunch of princesses, and as soon as they introduced LSP in that episode I became hooked onto the show.

Since then I've been watching a lot more cartoons. I think if it wasn't for Adventure Time, I wouldn't have discovered Regular Show, The Legend of Korra and My Little Pony. So the show's super meaningful to me.

Here are a few more quotes to annoy and bamboozle!

"You can't eat the ones that talk! They're special. They got aspirations."

- Finn, The Human

"She's totally gross over ninety percent of her body. The other ten percent is crazy nasty!"

- Doctor Ice Cream

"I'm gonna go manhandle those guyses bannandles!"

- Finn, The Human

"Ketchup is delicious and deceiving!"

- Jake, The Dog

Edited by cuteycindyhoney

Apparently Adventure time's fan base did the same as as mlp's, they created a new character, a female fin, which the developers agreed to maybe put into the future episodes. Bit the Derpy :lol: . This is just what I have herd (<- see what I did there?.. Oh dear :mellow: )

There are parts of the show I like and then there are parts I don't like. The one thing I don't like that much is how it is only 15 min long now. When in the old days it would be 2 new episodes. Another problem I have is I don't like how something important comes up then they just don't talk about it for like 2 or 3 episode. Like last weeks episode.

Still it is very funny and some of the stores are good.

There are parts of the show I like and then there are parts I don't like. The one thing I don't like that much is how it is only 15 min long now. When in the old days it would be 2 new episodes. Another problem I have is I don't like how something important comes up then they just don't talk about it for like 2 or 3 episode. Like last weeks episode.

Still it is very funny and some of the stores are good.

"Lady and Peebles" brought up something super hugely important at the very last second! I can not wait to see how it will tie into future episodes!

I may not be the biggest Adventure Time fan, but I still love it! I watch it on Cartoon Network when I can~

Favouriter character's definately Marceline! I mean, she's voiced by Olivia Olsen, who's also Vanessa from Phineas and Ferb, that's instant love from me! I love her songs, especially I'm Just Your Problem :D

I only saw Adventure Time once on TV, and it wasn't even a full episode, probably like the second half of one. When I first heard the dog talk (Jake I think) I thought to myself "OH MY GOD THAT'S BENDER'S VOICE" :P

I would probably watch it more if it were on Netflix. Come to think of it, I think I saw like 2 episodes on YouTube...

Oh also I live in Canada so I don't know if it's even on TV that much here :|

Edited by Dxthegod

I watch it whenever it's on TV... It's pretty funny, just like Regular Show. I don't LOVE it, but I like it. I enjoy the little memes references they make sometimes... Pretty clever, and different from anything I'd expect from Cartoon Network.

On a related note, I'm also interested on its fandom. I heard that it is somehow similar to ours in some way.

This show is like a boomerang for me - it just keeps coming back.

I first got into it about two years back when I lived in Hong Kong and my flatmate and I had very little options when it came to English television, so she downloaded Adventure Time and asked me to try it. Watching became a weekly event after a while.

Lately I've been noticing gifs on tumblr about the plot getting all deep and intense with more serious issues. I'm not sure how I'm going to like it, but it made me want to get into it again. I still have a LOT of catching up to do, but darn it, for such a perfect OT3 as Finn/Bubblegum/Marceline, it's probably worth it! I want them all scrunched together in a big fluffy ball of love. (Marshall/Fiona/Gumball is just as lovely.)

Pardon me. Too many feels.

Edited by Gez