Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Wonderful!

nickdh

(edited)

The website is WONDERFUL! I love it.

The only negative is that you cannot upload in MP3 format. Other than that, marvelous!

Indeed it is! :D

The lack of support for MP3 uploads exists to help promote the use of lossless file types, such as .wav and .flac formats. They're a bit larger, but are superior in terms of sound quality.

Also, since the server creates alternate versions of files (as people can download songs in various formats from Pony.fm), it's much better if the original file can be lossless, and then convert down from there. There's no way to convert up if you start with a "lossy" file type. smile.png

Edited by CloudFyre
  • Brohoof 2

Thanks for the feedback, @nickdh. It's much appreciated. :) Do you happen to have any favourite features on Pony.fm yet?

There has been an extensive discussion about the lossless-only upload restriction here. While this is unlikely to change due to the advantages of lossless music, it might be possible to find a middle ground, and that would be a good thread to read through and perhaps throw your thoughts into.

• Brohoof 3

Thanks for the feedback, @nickdh. It's much appreciated. smile.png Do you happen to have any favourite features on Pony.fm yet?

There has been an extensive discussion about the lossless-only upload restriction here. While this is unlikely to change due to the advantages of lossless music, it might be possible to find a middle ground, and that would be a good thread to read through and perhaps throw your thoughts into.

No prob. I actually said the feedback on Pony.FM and completely did not expect it to end up here :P

My favorite feature is the multiple file extension download, the music player w/ embed, and I absolutely love the choices for licenses. Really good job!

• Brohoof 1

• 4 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
(edited)

This is a great place, I like how you are pleased at Poniverse and it's forums. In my admiration I gift you with this Brohoof of wisdom for showing great knowledge and sharing thought, friend.

Edited by Maud Pie Rocker