Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do some Bronies hate being Human?

Bendy

(edited)

First off think multiverse theory. Also I notice there's quite a trend in this fandom among some fans depicting all Humans as MONSTERS, whom only exist to destroy everything and are completely and utterly evil with no redeeming qualities what's so ever.

I don't know about you, but I love being Human. Sure, I can't do magic like a unicorn, fly like a Pegasus or even be as strong as a Earth Pony, but I still want to keep my Human body and not to mention personality. I don't really believe in God very much, but I do care about the survival of my species.

And before anyone says but Humans are MONSTERS, then what are the Krogan from Mass Effect? I don't think Krogan are monsters either, despite the fact they almost took over the entire Milky Way Galaxy in a war.

Also if the xenocidel TCB (The Conversion Bureau) Ponies came to our universe, I would fight for the survival of my species against these zombie like minded monsters of our lovely Ponies, just like I would fight The Reapers trying to wipe us out and other sapient species. 

If I was in a losing war against the TCB Ponies I would try get the few non mind controlled Ponies fighting for Human life to make contact with canon like Ponies to save us Human from annihilation.

Edited by Rush
  • Brohoof 13

I dislike being a human. Because, like I've said before, equestria is literally perfect. there's now or famines or anything... and thus being a pony and living in equestria is better in my opinion. rather than living in a faulty world. 

• Brohoof 9

I for one accept our new alien pony overlords.

Seriously, that'd be amazing, and we could convert all human stuff into pony-accessible stuff and it would be like being human but less mundane and it would be awesome.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Though it'd be cool to be a pegasus for a day (or week...or year...or decade), I'm sure I'd miss my opposable thumbs after a while. I definitely love being human, myself. Those who declare mankind to be a species of Earth-destroying, Hummer-driving, baby seal-clubbing MONSTERS are merely pessimistic blowhards whose lives are clearly too miserable to see all the *good* that goes on within humanity...at least, that's how I see them. They're free to their opinions, I guess, but buck me if that overly cynical BS doesn't get a little old after a while.

And as for the scenario of being taken over by ponies...well, aside from the fact that I doubt that would ever happen (they're just too peace-loving), my first instinct would be to try diplomacy. Failing that, then yeah, I'd take up arms, too. Try to commit genocide on my species, will you? img-1527196-1-ph34r.png

Edited by Lowline
  • Brohoof 8

It's a wish fulfillment thing, and in the case of demonizing humans well, fanfiction needs some form of antagonistic force and that's one option. For me, I think I would be happy either way. 

• Brohoof 3

I think some bronies hate being human while, others are used to being human and don't want to be a pony. But I am happy either way, which ever one can give me happiness.

• Brohoof 4

(edited)

I for one accept our new alien pony overlords.

Seriously, that'd be amazing, and we could convert all human stuff into pony-accessible stuff and it would be like being human but less mundane and it would be awesome.

But you would also commit Xenocide. Quite possibly the most horrible crime of all existence.

So you mean to tell me something to like the holocaust, but still this time all of Human race being forcefully dragged kicking and screaming men, woman and children into Conversion Bureau centers to turn them into mindless smiling zombie Pony slave soldiers, until all of the entire Human race is wiped out in a desperate war of survival is a good thing?

Sorry, but I must disagree. True canon like Ponies would be horrified seeing in what their counterparts are doing to an entire sapient species would declare war on them. Especially, if Humans exist in their world and are their friends.

Not to mention many non mind controlled Ponies would fight for Humanity's survival. 
Edited by Rush
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)
equestria is literally perfect.

Well equestria is not perfect. If it was perfect it would be a boring show because there would be no problems to solve. As there are villains such as discord, king sombra, queen crysalis etc

But I believe not all humans are bad but a lot of people have a bad atitude and need to learn about the magic of friendship. There is a lot of greed in this world as well *cough*microsoft*cough*.

Overall equestria is less corrupt than earth and i would probably rather be a magical pony living in a magical kingdom woth other magical ponies that are kind and tolerant.

Edited by Cloud_Zephyr
  • Brohoof 4

I think if there was a choice to be a pony and live in Equestria.. Well, I would take it. With all the things here in human-land that I dislike, it would be nice. However, I do enjoy being a human, for the most part.

(edited)

I'm alright being human; even though I am rather forward with the idea of uploading our minds into a machine. I would be able to cross out the "obtain immortality" bullet on my bucket list smile.png

As for the TCB thing, I wouldn't last long at all if we were losing. I would likely just face my fate because there is only so long you can crouch in fetal position in your basement with a roof 2/3rds your height. I would also sooner be a pony than dying of thirst as a human. Sorry thumbs, it's either you or my consciousness.

Edited by Celtore

I think if there was a choice to be a pony and live in Equestria.

Even if it was choose and not forceful change, I think many Ponies would dislike Humans wanting to change their bodies. Especially fandon Lyra.

Lyra: Human! Why would you want to become a lame Pony?!

I'm not sure to be honest maybe some do and some don't. For me I like being human sure it isn't like living in Equestria but I still don't mind it in the end :)

• Brohoof 1

I don't know about the whole hating being human thing amongst Bronies-I'm afraid that in a real life situation where any of us were transformed into another creature, it would probably be a case of 'wherever you go, there you are'-meaning the same fears, insecurities and problems that beset us as humans would no doubt do likewise if we were anything else.

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

One of the main reasons why I hate being human is because most humans aren't very smart in the way they choose how to live their life. It seems that I am related to a thing that makes such stupid decisions or just doesn't care about some aspects of life (Which seems to be the growing trend over the past few decades, for what ever reason.)

Another reason would be because humans are just so boring. I mean, we can creating interesting things, but it seems our imagination has sparked some sort of jealousy in me. It's like, Charmander can breath fire, but why can't I? Or like the obvious one, Unicorns can use magic, why can't I? I am just a plain being with opposable thumbs and tools and stuff... I can't actually do much of anything with my body alone.

Even if I was a human in Equestria, and everypony in Equestria was human, but all the other mythical creatures and legends were still true, it would be so much more interesting than our Earth. I kind of hate being human because we live in such a boring area. Sorry for using "Boring" too much, but it seems to be a fitting word to use here. Even without the magic and floating cities made of clouds, you still could find dragons, leviathans or other kinds of sea serpents, and other stuff like that. There would be so much more to look forward to in nature.

Edited by Star Scribe
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

I woundn't mind it if we 

A) Kept our personalities

B ) It just happend, no xenocides or anything crazy like that, if we just woke up and *poof* we were all ponies

C) Got to meet and live with/around characters in the show

D) Didn't turn into ponies from planet earth and turned into ponies from the show ( being a pony from earth would suck!)

Edited by broniesunite

(edited)

If we go by the logic everything we write creates alternate realities, here too fan fictions that deal with conflicts in some universes.

No link due to mature rated: "The Conversion Bureau: The Other Side of the Spectrum" canon Ponies come to Humanity's aid against the zombie minded Ponies of the The Conversion Bureau.

And here's another story where the Ponies commit xenocide on Humans under The Conversion Bureau only to meet the Reapers afterwards. Talk about the irony The Conversion Bureau: A Dangerous Precedent. It's teen rated. If we had worked together we might have been able to defeat the Reapers.

Edited by Rush

Yeah I like being human and stuff because we are intelligent and have opposable thumbs but if I could get to choose between being human and being a pony(like from the show not from Earth) I would choose pony in a heartbeat. I don't know why it would just make me really happy to be a pony and live in Equestria I mean no violence no wars I mean who wouldn't want to live there

I don't hate being human, but I would be okay with being a pony too, but human is preferred. It's just if I'm being on Earth or in Equestria. Earth is imperfect in many ways, and Equestria is a great place in many ways. I'd go there in a heartbeat, whether human or not.

(edited)

I mean no violence no wars I mean who wouldn't want to live there

Humans fighting in a universe under Conversion Bureau invasion a desperate war of survival against smiling zombie Ponies, whom were once their friends and family. 

Granted that be the case, many canon like minded Ponies (and possibly not mind controlled by Celestia's monster counterpart) would turn on their own kind to fight for their belief that Humanity has a right to exist.

Edited by Rush

Well, i pretty much live in my own world (My united states of wwhatevver, I l LOVE TO CREATE STUFF, but i love to look/use/play/etc. other peoples stuff.) and i have lucid dreams about being a pony,  Honestly, i kinda like my own untied states of wwhatevver, but being a pony is cool. As for real life, eh, 7/10, Okay. mediocre. Only kind of worth it.  

I am sure some of them probably do but speaking clearly for myself since Equestria if it exists is likely not as idealized as it is in the show there is no way we can really tell for sure if the ponies would really be that much better than the humans. Either way I like being human because it is who I am, yes human beings are not perfect but I believe that human beings as a species are living nowhere near their full potential and are entirely capable of evolving into a more just, moral and enlightened species but I think that that starts with you and me. We can't just complain about how the whole world is going to hell and just wait for a savior to swoop in when history has shown that things have changed when ordinary people stood up, got together and worked toward that change.

• Brohoof 2

I wish I could be a stallicorn in equestria.

It's so happy, perfect, sure there's chaos and eternal night and empires being destroyed by evil unicorns,

but, i hate some of my life as it is...  This world isn't really the place for me.

I think being a human is completely awesome. Thumbs are the bee's knees, guys. Plus, you wouldn't be reading this on a computer if you were a pony, whether on Earth or Equestria. We have so much cool stuff.

I dislike being a human. Because, like I've said before, equestria is literally perfect. there's now or famines or anything... and thus being a pony and living in equestria is better in my opinion. rather than living in a faulty world. 

But the beginning post stated to think this all to be possible because of the Multi-Verse Theory. We have a 0.0000005% chance of finding perfect Equestria.

Why?

Because the theory is that our universe divides and splits like a cell, every single time multiple outcomes can happen.

This means that we could live in an Earth where MLP was never invented, or maybe humans entirely disappeared.

So we could end up in an Equestria where Discord has taken over, or the Mane 6 had never been born! How is it to be known that we could end up in a Bioshock twisted version of Equestria? Where everything looks to be grand and a utopia. But is actually hiding a dark secret that makes life miserable to ponies there?

This of course, is applied only to trying to get there. Let's say we do get to perfect Equestria? How does this happen? Are we sure only the good people of Earth are allowed to travel? Or maybe humanity will corrupt it somehow. Look at the world today, and look to see whether people would really be a good addition to Equestria?

Maybe a select few could go, but then again, this is just me ranting on this topic.

P.S. Me and a two of my friends have actually talked on this subject, and are trying to make a comic featuring traveling to Equestria and becoming ponies. derpy_emoticon2.png

If the Multiverse Theory really is true (Which i hope is) then I wish I was living in that universe, but I am not in anyway unhappy to be who I am as a human. There are a lot worse things I could be and the situation I am in I am very grateful for, but a guy can always dream right?