Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How do you think Alicorn Twilight will affect future production of FiM ideas?

bcd34a

23 users have voted

1. 1. Do you agree with me on this?

• Yes
    • No!
    • Maybe
    • Confusing. Both yes and no. Not really sure.

Of course there are diff. endings for this question.

In the last episode of season 3. which really disappointed me due to the "very short" length of it (but now i understand)

Twilight Sparkle becoming an alicorn i was all like OMG THIS CANT BE HAPPENING THAT RUMOUR CAN NOT BE TRUE!!!

Then now to the topic of this question.

Do you think the idea of making Twilight an alicorn slow down the idea process or affect its speed?

Its probably gonna be what happened to The Office. Ran out of ideas. Show finale.

Because if now that Twilight Sparkle fully understand what the true meaning of friendship is. [implying that this is what happened since last episode from season 3]

What other ideas can there be other than her possible future troubles being princess??

(edited)

Honestly I don't see how it can not effect future episodes, I mean not only is she a lot more powerful now but she is an actual princess and therefor has the duties of a ruler. You can't just pretend something of that scale didn't happen. I don't think it will have as great an affect as everyone says it will though, I can pretty much guarantee that Twilight isn't going to abandon her friends or anything. I guess to know for certain we will just have to wait.

Edited by TheSteampunkNinja (TSN)
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

I think that question is in and of itself kind of stupid.
*OF COURSE* it's going to affect future storylines and ideas, because it opens up so many possibilities.
As for whether those ideas are good or bad remains to be seen, and, of course, these things are a matter of taste.
The writers will just have to come up with the rights ones in order for season four to not flop.

Edited by Sickman
  • Brohoof 3

Absolutely, this is way too significant of a change for it to not affect the direction of the show for better or for worse Twilight is an alicorn now and with that closes certain doors but also opens certain ones as well. Obviously there will be a lot of focus on Twilight and her new responsibilities and she will get a power boost how much of one and how quickly remains to be seen. It is likely due to this change that we see more adventure themed episodes with a bit more traveling in addition to the slice of life episodes which tend to make up most of the episodes. Of course this is all speculation and we will know for sure in season 4.

• Brohoof 3

Well I overslept today so if you interpreted this wrong sorry.

But Im just surveying because never know. If Alicorn Twilight was still a rumour and didnt actually happen maybe there'd be ideas coming faster and probably a new season coming sooner.

(well thats what i think)

But Im just surveying because never know. If Alicorn Twilight was still a rumour and didnt actually happen maybe there'd be ideas coming faster and probably a new season coming sooner.

I really doubt it will effect it much in that way. Season 4 is confirmed to have 26 episodes though, so that is what is probably causing the biggest effect on when we will get our next season. Alicorn Twilight doesn't really change anything production wise.

• Brohoof 2

Well honestly yes, but no.  It closes some doors, but opens new ones.  The new episodes will most likely be about her trying to adapt to princess-hood.  Though there are a lot of other challenges that could come up. 

Not sure what exactly you mean. If you are asking if Twilight's alicorn hood will affect the plots of future episodes then I would think that obvious.Of course it will. We already know the first two episodes of season 4 will elaborate on her princess status. Will it affect the idea process speed? Well everything does, heck having a bad day does. I doubt it will be the contributing factor for a slow down in ideas though.

Hi @,  just added the word "How" onto your topic title. Then I had to shorten it a little to fit the letters in blink.png . This change to the title will hopefully open the scope of the thread for more discussion.

I hope that at some point, the writers realize that they can differ the meaning of the whole alicorn-thing. Because at some point it would be inconsistant to not make Twilight a 'full' royalty according to what we know now. And at the same time it might change the whole premise of the show if they do so.

By now, everything they have written for season four was most likely already conceived for Twilight being an alicorn. It was Larson himself, I think, who stated that he wrote MMC in late 2011. '11!

And there are far more things that can affect ideas. New writers enter, old writers leave. Never know that.

Wait, are you implying that since one (emphasis on ONE) of the mane six has achieve their destiny, the writers are now completely out of possible ideas for anything else? That is what I get from the last line and it honestly makes no sense at all.

Actually, this question does not make much sense. The writers had this whole thing written back in 2011 as STO mentioned, so clearly, they are already accustomed to the idea and have other things planned, as clearly evidenced by season 4 being confirmed with 26 episodes.

I truly do not get why so many people think that the show is now over or doomed or cannot continue just because of this. Yes, it is a change. A rather large change in certain aspects, but change can be good and I believe this opens many possibilities for episodes, morals, and even the further advancement of other characters down the line, such as Rainbow Dash finally joining the Wonderbolts. I was shocked by this at first as well, but now I give real kudos to the writers here.

So, in conclusion, from my repeated points basically, I do not think it will slow down production. It just does not make much sense in this case.

• Brohoof 1

I highly doubt Twilight becoming an alicorn has anything to do with the fact that Season 4 is starting late (too late, in my opinion). I'd place my money on the staff wanting more time to perfect the episodes, as well as needing time to work on Equestria Girls. I definitely don't think that Twilight becoming an alicorn means they're running out of ideas. Buck no. It opens the floodgates for tons of new ones. Remember how, in Magic Duel, Celestia had been at Saddle Arabia on royal duty? Now Twilight will get to travel to places we know about, and probably even more. We'll learn more about what being a princess entails, probably see Twilight have to overcome obstacles in order to a better princess, find out how she'll balance being a princess with spending time with her friends, and learn more about Celestia and Luna as well as more about pony lore. And that's just stuff to do with Twilight. We have Pinkie possibly having to buckle down more and become a master at baking, Rainbow's difficulties when it comes to becoming and being a Wonderbolt, Rarity's further trials selling dresses and trying to establish herself among the fashion elites, Applejack further learning how to run the farm, and Fluttershy... Hmm, Fluttershy could use more of a goal, but I digress. And that's just the mane six. We also have their families, the CMC, and heck, even other residents of Ponyville like Vinyl Scratch that episodes could be focused on. The potential the show has is nearly limitless.

• 4 weeks later...

Well i really dont know what will happen... If the show will go on with season 4 then i think it is not gonna be the same... I think the finale is going to be soon which really dissapoints me and i am a big brony of course... Well maybe they will do more but i dont think they are going to do a lot of new stuff. 

We will never know...  sad.png

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Here's what people aren't understanding about this.  She now understands the true meaning of friendship, for the most part (there's always variables).  But the point is, she's got the knowledge now.  So now, she'll have to apply it to new and possibly more complex situations.

Edited by SBaby

I love the idea but have a hard time thinking of how it will work.The idea is good, I mean, think of all the episodes that would just write themselves!There are so many ways this could work perfectly.One thing I have a hard time understanding is, what exactly is going to be her role in being a princess, will she get a city of her own to rule over(Maybe this Mainehatten we've been hearing about)or will she simply assist Celestia and Luna in watching over and protecting Equestria!!Who knows!! I think this idea is great, I'm just curious as to what direction they will take it.

It doesn't seem like it will be like FiM has been before. Obviously, she won't be reporting to Celestia, and she has more power than her. The WHOLE SHOW was based around her project, and now it came to a close. It will be a heck of a lot different.  

• 4 weeks later...