Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you think the 2000's have the same nostalgia that the 1980's and 90's had?

Betez

(edited)

Yes, it does. The 2000s have produced some truly moving and heart-felt movies that really hit close to home. But one particularly powerful movie was released, and then further refined, sealing it forever as a classic that we will cherish in our hearts and minds for eternity. It brought tears to our hearts and grasped us emotionally.

You all know what I'm talking about.

img-1527712-1-titanic-3d-poster.jpg

*about to post*

*sees Harmy posting*

*decides to see what brilliancy Harmy has given us this time*

TITANIC!?

159462%20-%20animated%20Diamond_Tiara%20

I have a particular bitter hatred for this movie...X_X

Back on topic, I loved the nineties! Of course, that was back when most of the cartoon shows had actual plot and character development, or delightful lack thereof. Give it a few years, people will start waxing nostalgia about the 00's too. biggrin.png

Edited by Earl Grey

I think there may be three possible reasons for not feeling nostalgic for the 2000's.

One, as stated by the OP, not enough time has passed. It's only been 3 years since the 2000's, so "looking back" on them may be looking back as recently as a few years ago. At the same time, when I saw the train wreck that 2000's music was, I was nostalgic for the 90's a mere few years in, so maybe that's not really why.

Two, nothing good happened in the 2000's. The music sucked, the movies largely sucked, much of the TV sucked. So what's worth looking back on and remembering?

Three, those who would be nostalgic for the 2000's were raised in the 90's. And us 90's kids are total cynics.