Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

music Unhealthy music question

Keypassion

Should the titles of some of the songs I listen to raise concerns for my mental health?

Getting Away With Murder

Animal

I Have Become Monster

The Nobodies

Master of Puppets

Basket Case

Hate Me

Last Resort

Psycho

& Crazy Train to name a few.

Edited by Jeric
Edited to separate song titles better

Not really. Music always tends to attract the craziest/weirdest song titles. A lot of weird words make good band names, in fact. Sometimes, they are depressing and a little risque, but it isn't really usually to be taken seriously.

I listen to all of those actively and I'm insane, so yes, be worried... Wait no... That's stupid, rock on man! Side note, I have an album in my basement called "Song's for gay dogs". Music selection has nothing to do with mental health.

Naw, those songs are all pretty easy.

Epic Rap Battles can do alot more to your mental health, since after so long they simply become addictive. One of my friends is even worse off than I am, he listens to the full ERB playlist at least twice a day. :s

Listening to metal doesn't turn you into a raving psychopath. That's just a stereotype spread by soccer moms who think anything that isn't country or "Kidz Bop" is teh ubar ev1l. I listen to stuff like that too, and you don't see me going out going out committing manslaughter and spreading anarchy yet.

Edited by King K. Roop

Should the titles of some of the songs I listen to raise concerns for my mental health?

No. Considering I listen to such songs as:

F.E.A.R.

Bathe In Blood

Burned Alive

Zombie Ritual

Rape Song

Evil Has No Boundaries

Go To Hell

To name few. It's as long as you don't take the music out of context and do something radical (such as kill a lot of people, reference a song, then kill yourself) just because you believe in the music.

Well as long as you don't listen to excessive amounts of Cannibal Corpse.

1. Listen to Cannibal Corpse.

2. Murder everyone.

3. ?????????

4. PROFIT!!!!!1!!!!

I am a Death Metal fan, and I am personally offended. ;)

• Brohoof 1

Getting Away With Murder

Animal I Have Become

Monster

The Nobodies

Master of Puppets

Basket Case

Hate Me

Last Resort

Psycho

and Crazy Train to name a few.

Hm... Just off the top of my head?

Live From The Funeral Of God

8 Dead, 9 If You Include The Fetus

Prostatic Fluid Asphyxiation

I'll Be Happy When You're Fucking Dead

Dead Girlfriends Can't Break Up With You

Corpse Grindin' Man

...Nah, you're good.

I've always found violently over the top songs funny. Not because I think the violence is funny, but because I'm always left thinking "okay, what was the point of that?"

A good example would be almost every Toxic Holocaust song ever.

Edited by Evilshy
  • Brohoof 1

No. Considering I listen to such songs as:

F.E.A.R.

Bathe In Blood

Burned Alive

Zombie Ritual

Rape Song

Evil Has No Boundaries

Go To Hell

Okay. Maybe you should be just the teeniest tiniest bit worried. :blink:

But really. Nah. Crazy Train and Last Resort are some of my faves. Death metal, on the other hand, while it has no influence on you, it's a guy playing high pitched sounds on a guitar and screaming, from what everyone says.

What music a person listens to has nothing to do with their personality and mental state. lol

I'm a really calm and non-violent person yet I listen to some pretty violent music like Within My Blood, I Tamper With The Evidence At The Murder Scene Of Odin and Laid to Rest. :P

Edited by Raronoopa
  • Brohoof 1

Okay. Maybe you should be just the teeniest tiniest bit worried. :blink:

Being SYL, I'm not too worried. Besides, I'm not too big about the song anyway.

Death metal, on the other hand, while it has no influence on you, it's a guy playing high pitched sounds on a guitar and screaming, from what everyone says.

Uh... I was actually joking :lol:. But to respond, that's because the people who do Death Metal are often meat-headed retards a good amount of the time. Really good Death Metal bands are able to incorporate brutality with intelligence without having to go all atmospheric and shit. For example, take any Death album after Human. If you read the lyrics carefully and get past the screechy vocals, it can actually be surprisingly intelligent.

...oh my, it seems I have tried to defend my arguments... I apologize for that! :lol:

Well, I used to listen to all of those, and I am probably the most mentally insane peerson out there SEEK A DOCTOR MAN.

on a serious note, no, no need to worry. and the same goes for anyone in here. crazy people listen to classic, I taught everyone knew this. not saying all people listening to classic is crazy, I am saying all crazy people listen to classic. no exceptions.

oh and to the people right above me talking about meat headed retards. you serious man? actually judging a mans intelligence by the lyrics in their music? there is no rule stating you have to be dumb to sing stupid things, or the other way around for that matter.

Edited by Sunnymilk