Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Controversial and Unpopular Video Game Opinions.

RoboGuy9000

4. There will soon be too many Pokemon to keep track of.

There already is, if you ask me. It's come to the point where I get Pokemon mixed up from Generation III, IV, and V. Like I think that some actually came from Generation V when they actually came from Generation III.

I like quite a few of the Pokemon they added in Black/White, though.

5. Pokemon has a stupid name, but is an amazing game. Digimon has an amazing name, but is a crappy game/series/everything. The names should be switched, because I'd much rather have digital monsters than pocket monsters. Welcome to the 21st Century.

9. Red Dead Redemption is Grand Theft Horse. Don't argue with this one either, you know it's true.

These points made me sad. The Digimon series owns Pokemon by miles.

Also RDR is better than GTA with an amazing story and i certainly play it different than GTA(I ride my own horse, crimes are way more unnecessary).

another point I'd like to see

-Games should be more slow paced,especially RPGs. I hate to run into weaker enemies every 100metres :P

Also RDR is better than GTA with an amazing story and i certainly play it different than GTA(I ride my own horse, crimes are way more unnecessary).

another point I'd like to see

-Games should be more slow paced,especially RPGs. I hate to run into weaker enemies every 100metres :P

Umm, Digimon is better than Pokemon? I'm not even gonna answer this one :P

You're right about RDR though. I enjoyed that one for the plot.

There already is, if you ask me. It's come to the point where I get Pokemon mixed up from Generation III, IV, and V. Like I think that some actually came from Generation V when they actually came from Generation III.

I like quite a few of the Pokemon they added in Black/White, though.

If only they could make this series better without making it more confusing....

I think the Pokemon games are average at best. I don't see what's so amazing about any of them.

Looks like someone share an opinion of mine (Except for the Angry Birds thing. That shit's addicting). The only thing is, I can see why it's so popular; the creativity and diversity of the Pokemon, and how imaginative it's universe is. I just never was a fan of anime though, which is why I don't like it.

I can tell this thread is controversial if one of the first posts made me say "Well, I have MAH opinion :o"

Umm, Digimon is better than Pokemon? I'm not even gonna answer this one :P

You're right about RDR though. I enjoyed that one for the plot.

If only they could make this series better without making it more confusing....

I know the US-version of Digimon is not quite as good as the japanese or german because it's censored a bit and the VAs are not the best. But the original DIgimon is one of the best Animes imo and deals with much more serious subjects(friendship, death) than Pokemon, Also Ash and Pikachu just suck in my opinion^^

I hear they're coming out with 2 new apps, they aren't traditional Pokemon games but it's stricken my curiosity.

Yeah it's an improved version the Pokedex thing and a augmented reality game thing where you can transfer the Pokemon you get from that to BW2. Overall I like where the series is going. [YES I LIKE 5th GEN LET THE GEN WAR COMMENCE] But 6th Gen better push the 3DS to it's limits because that thing has potential. Also I want a Gen 3 remake.

Yes while the Digimon show is A LOT better than the Pokemon show the games are nothing compared to Pokemon. The way I see it

Pokemon has the best games

Digimon has the best show

and Yu-Gi-Oh has the best card game.

• Brohoof 5

Yeah it's an improved version the Pokedex thing and a augmented reality game thing where you can transfer the Pokemon you get from that to BW2. Overall I like where the series is going. [YES I LIKE 5th GEN LET THE GEN WAR COMMENCE] But 6th Gen better push the 3DS to it's limits because that thing has potential. Also I want a Gen 3 remake.

Yes while the Digimon show is A LOT better than the Pokemon show the games are nothing compared to Pokemon. The way I see it

Yu-Gi-Oh all the way baby!

I meant the show. I like the Pokemon games more ;)

I know the US-version of Digimon is not quite as good as the japanese or german because it's censored a bit and the VAs are not the best. But the original DIgimon is one of the best Animes imo and deals with much more serious subjects(friendship, death) than Pokemon, Also Ash and Pikachu just suck in my opinion^^

Ah. I don't debate over animes. But compare the video games? No comparison. I dislike the Pokemon Anime anyways, too cheesy for even my dramatic self....

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I meant the show. I like the Pokemon games more ;)

Have you seen the promo video for BW2 they had a while ago? It's really what the anime should be. Edited by Ponymon Trainer Red
  • Brohoof 2

Off-topic, but Magic the Gathering, no?

Since we are talking about pokemon games, you know how it would be better? If they didn't make a lot of the pokemon useless. For example I like Zigzagoon. (Just guess why). He looks cool and so does his evolve form. But they are so weak compared to all these other pokemon I can have. Which is a shame.

Since we are talking about pokemon games, you know how it would be better? If they didn't make a lot of the pokemon useless. For example I like Zigzagoon. (Just guess why). He looks cool and so does his evolve form. But they are so weak compared to all these other pokemon I can have. Which is a shame.

Zigzagoon, useless? Try playing solo runs on Ruby. I assure you, having 5 Zigzagoons as HM slaves with Pickup will save you hundreds. :P

In all seriousness though, I think it's nice to have some weak ones every gen, just to balance stuff out a bit.

• Brohoof 3

Anyway, enough of that. Let's stir up some controversy :D!

- I don't like Pokemon for the most part

- I pefer CoD over most video games (Please don't kill me)

- I found BF3 waaaay too slow for me the first few months (Then Close Quarter's came out :wub:)

- I like Angry Birds (It's really addicting when I have to use the iPad)

- MW2 is probably mah favorite shooter out there, maybe even past BF3

- Uhhh.....

- I didn't understand why Temple Run was so popular before I ever played it. Now I can see why

That's it, for now. I don't have much variety in gaming apart from CoD other than GTA IV and BF3 (I'm planning to get Saint's Row the Third though :lol:)

Zigzagoon, useless? Try playing solo runs on Ruby. I assure you, having 5 Zigzagoons as HM slaves with Pickup will save you hundreds. :P

In all seriousness though, I think it's nice to have some weak ones every gen, just to balance stuff out a bit.

Yes, while they do make a nice HM slave, it saddens me that a lot of the pokemon that I find cool or awesome would get killed in an online match in a matter of seconds. :(

- I found BF3 waaaay too slow for me the first few months (Then Close Quarter's came out :wub:)

- Uhhh.....

- I didn't understand why Temple Run was so popular before I ever played it. Now I can see why

That's it, for now. I don't have much variety in gaming apart from CoD other than GTA IV and BF3 (I'm planning to get Saint's Row the Third though :lol:)

Opinions? Why don't you like the other games? And WHY OH WHY DO YOU LIKE COD :P

(edited)

You want controversal? Okay...The Legend of Zelda series is quite possibly the most overhyped and over-glorified series of all time. Just about every game after A Link to the Past and Ocarina of Time has had generally the same plot and formula for :

1. Go to a temple to collect a macguffin

2. Use the item acquired in said temple temple to advance/beat boss/unlock next temple

3. Repeat 1 and 2 X number of times

4. PLOT TWIST

5. Repeat 3

6. Collect Master Sword halfway through 5

7. Fight big boss (Usually Ganon)

Yes, you could find other games with equally repetative plots and formulas (like Pokemon), but people usually acknowledge that at least. Every Zelda game in the last decade or so has always received the general response of "GREATEST GAME EVAR", despite the fact that ever game released in said time has basically been "Ocarina of Time Part #". And even then the games are usually average and okay considering it's barely changed since the days of the N64 besides graphical enhancements.

Edited by PoisonClaw
  • Brohoof 1

- Uhhh.....

Run. Run before they get you! I joke.

You want controversal? Okay...The Legend of Zelda series is quite possibly the most overhyped and over-glorified series of all time. Just about every game after A Link to the Past and Ocarina of Time has had generally the same plot and formula for :

1. Go to a temple to collect a macguffin

2. Use the item acquired in said temple temple to advance/beat boss/unlock next temple

3. Repeat 1 and 2 X number of times

4. PLOT TWIST

5. Repeat 3

6. Collect Master Sword halfway through 5

7. Fight big boss (Usually Ganon)

Yes, you could find other games with equally repetative plots and formulas (like Pokemon), but people usually acknowledge that at least. Every Zelda game in the last decade or so has always received the general response of "GREATEST GAME EVAR", despite the fact that ever game released in said time has basically been "Ocarina of Time Part #". And even then the games are usually average and okay considering it's barely changed since the days of the N64 besides graphical enhancements.

The Zelda series actually has taken quite a few risks.

Zelda 2 being a side scroller.

Ocarina of Time jumping to 3D

Majora's Mask having an overall time limit.

Wind Waker going for a totally different and unique art style, if it didn't sell well they would've ended the series there.

Twilight Princess going for a more dark atomsphere.

Skyward Sword going for full motion sword combat.

6. Stop all discussion about video game soundtracks, because I have the best list for you right here along with every single Zelda game. Yep, Legend of Zelda has all of the best soundtracks of any game.

I'm sorry to hear you haven't played Jet Set Radio...
  • Brohoof 2

TF2, Minecraft, Half Life 2: Deathmatch, and GMOD are the Only good Multiplayer games left in My Opinion. (They all run on my laptop. :3 )