Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The episode(s) that are the closest to Disney quality?

DoctorWhovian1902

I've often heard the show compared to Disney in terms of quality writing/animation/etc.

I've been wondering, though, which episode brushes up the most with Disney's quality? I'm not talking in terms of style keep in mind, I'm talking quality: which episode/episodes has/have the best the show has to offer currently?

I think the episode that gave the most people a Disney vibe was "A Canterlot Wedding", but if this is essentially "which episodes best represent the show's quality", my go to episodes are "Hurricane Fluttershy" and "Best Night Ever".

• Brohoof 1

Well, if you ask ol' Earl about this one I'd say something like this: "So, Disney quality? So. It has to like suck and be all cheesy and whatnot?" but that is just me. I'm not saying i'm wrong, but i'm also not saying i'm wrong either. 

So I guess if I had to answer your question and just put the question in different terms such as "What episode is the worst" I'd have to say any Rarity episode and whatever episode that my buddy Walter Sobchak told me he disliked but I just can't recall the name of it but I also didn't care for it to much. 

At this point I can compare this concept to vehicles. Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge General Motors fan but I'll have to throw the Corvette under the bus for this example. Take the new Corvettes, sure they are nice and fast n' whatnot, but are they really top notch quality? I think not. They could have much more effort put into the interior and bodywork. Now take a Holden HSV GTS or even a Cadillac CTS-V Sedan or Coupe, very nice vehicles with very detailed interior features and exterior features. All of these are around the same price area but for what the Corvette is now, I believe one is paying for the name versus quality. Same would apply to what I think about Disney now. In other words, If you are going to spend around 70k on a sport/luxury vehicle and you want it to be fast, go for a Cadillac CTS-V same engine as the Vette but more quality. 

• Brohoof 1

• 8 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...