Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Phone questions

NothingIsEverything
Go to solution Solved by Shiki,

Not necessary an issue so to speak, but I am using the full version of the site on my iPhone 3GS. How can I post videos on threads (i.e., Crispy's metal thread). I know how to import pictures, but not videos from YouTube. Do I copy and paste the URL into the text box or would I use an actual computer to do this? I am new ro this and I am clueless when it comes to this.

Hmmm, I am not to sure, but if you press down your finger for a long time it should come up with copy, then just press paste, if this does not work it may just be like on a computer and that you are not allowed to copy something straight of a website and you may have to upload it to imgur or a website like that.

Putting up a link is fine, but you have to remember it'll be a mobile link. To the best of my knowledge, mobile links don't embed the way desktop ones do.

I don't currently have a workaround for this though. I'll look into it.

If you want to do it from your phone, you will have to enter the code manually, like so ( [media]URL[(/)media] ) and remove the (), and paste the URL where it says URL.

All you need to do is post the YouTube URL, yes. 

To get the YouTube URL from the YouTube app, simply touch the screen and hit this button. 

post-6557-0-28982000-1370550577_thumb.png

Once you hit this, a list of actions will appear. Choose "Share."

Another list will appear; choose "copy link".

Then go to your post and paste as you would anything else.

If you are not using the iOS app, it's much more straightforward; all you must do is copy the URL at the top of your internet app and paste that. 

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

On youtube, there should be a little button on the RIGHT side of the video. This opens up a menu of buttons. One of them shows the actual link to the video. Copy that link, and paste it in the text box. Don't put any tags around it. Just post the link it it'll show the video embedded into the post.

Edited by Betez