Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

MAJOR SPOILERS someone leaked some images of EqG...

Anonymous~

(edited)

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2013/06/equestria-girls-images-invading-intenet.html

Alright, here it goes. The leaked images of the upcoming EqG movie. WATCH AT YOUR OWN RISK

ARE YOU SURE YOU WANNA DO IT? I WARNED YOU,

http://imgur.com/a/GVkYv

Edited by Anonymous~
  • Brohoof 14

(edited)

NO.. REMOVE THE ENDING SPOILER

..y would you spoil the ending ;~;

SHEEEEEEEEET

That is legit. No doubt about that.

(I was expecting a troll haha)

This girl with red/yellow hair is sad and there's some sort of evil vampire thingy..

It makes me think about Princess C and Chrysalis..

Also...LUNA

And...ZOMBIES

Moar TASTE THE RAINBOW MOTHERFUCKER

Edited by Jokuc
  • Brohoof 2

NO.. REMOVE THE ENDING SPOILER

Sorry, I think that was a bit too much I guess. And besides, that is what NOT happens, so, we don't really know the ending... there is one less posibilitty now though

Oh god that ending.... Lol.

Welp, I guess that evil thing is kind of different tgan what I was expecting for high school though, sooooooo I dunno.

• Brohoof 1

Well, so we gonna have a transforming bitchy antagonist and a mindcontrolled guy Twilight has to save? The writers really brought their A-Game in terms of creativity.

Also, ponified Brad seems to indicate this is gonna count as canondry.png

• Brohoof 6

Also, ponified Brad seems to indicate this is gonna count as canonimg-1535627-1-dry.png

Yep. Even the leaker comfirmed that... and.... a bit more that has to do with him. Well, I don't know if he's appearing in S4, but chances are we will see him again.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Successful leak is successful. I'm rather intrigued by the images as well. Definitely looks like EQG a whole new thing going for it which I think is good.

NO.. REMOVE THE ENDING SPOILER ..y would you spoil the ending ;~;

You should have known the severity of the spoiler when it was concealed in 5 spoiler tags haha.

Edited by Bucky_McGillycuddy
  • Brohoof 2

(edited)

I bet 1000 Bits on ponified Highschool Musical with a bit of Anime like 'Inu Yasha' or 'Sailor Moon' in the end!

That's sure spoilery. My comment as well.

Brad - he will always be Brad for me, I suppose - is that Pegasus. So... what about the whole thing being not canon now? Was that a lie?

Don't mind... Wait I do mind. Will he be Twilight's LI? Will they marry in the season 4 finale? Whelp... don't like where my headcanon is now going...

And Spike is a dog in the entire part in human world, I suppose. Talk about character-insult... That's the end for being an equal character, I suppose... and for Sparity.

Didn't hope for that but expected it someway since 'Spike at your service' and other stuff in Season 3... even if he is treated good as a dog...

And Sunset Shimmer... a demon? Whoa, watchout for fundamentalist's rage!

Edited by StatesTheOblivious
  • Brohoof 1

These images give off a major Buffy vibe. Also, it seems they might be able to get away with more if they can kill off the bad guy like that...

Hmm... it depends really. If they can maintain a coolness level that the last few minutes of the film seem to have throughout the entire thing, it's possible it could turn out alright...

I still have my doubts, but this definitely gives me some hope for how they'll handle it.

Is it just me, or does "devil" Sunset Shimmer look a lot like Tirek in her color scheme? Black Wings, red skin, as opposed to the fur being black, but still...

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Oh, I get it!!! They are using a sort of symbolism to explain that all bitchy teenagers have a demon in their heart and are actually evil!!!

img-1535899-1-wtf_is_this_shit_Very_Dist

EDIT: After seeing the 2nd trailer, I'm sorry for such a crude post, however this is what I've gathered so far: A thief steals the Element of Magic, runs away into our dimension while pursued by Twilight, Twilight becomes accustomed to our world/must win the Prom Queen title at a dance to get the crown (Element of Magic) back, and in the process of all that, S.S turns into demon to be the final boss. I'm sorry, but I just feel like the events of the story are very loosely put together.

I'll still watch it, but I'm still quite skeptical.

Edited by Alkryn
  • Brohoof 5

(edited)

Okay... I really don't like how Luna and Celestia look. Why did they make Luna pale? D:

Anyways, I didn't think Sunset Shimmer would be some kind of monster. I thought she'd be a normal popular bimbo who just tries to cause trouble because she'd jealous. I don't mean to be negative, but I'm getting a little more doubtful for this movie...

Edited by IncognitoKiwoy
  • Brohoof 1

Ok, that's obviously Celestia but was that Luna too? The hair and skin color look wrong, but the crescent moon collar says otherwise. Why does Twilight have wings though at the end? Does getting her crown back get her wings back too?

Demon Sunset Shimmer...can't say I saw that coming at all. The brainwashing is pretty stock though in terms of evil plans, but that's nothing big really. 

(edited)
Don't mind... Wait I do mind. Will he be Twilight's LI? Will they marry in the season 4 finale? Whelp... don't like where my headcanon is now going...

Actually that possibility is my main gripe with the movie right now. Not because I think none of the Mane Six should get into a relationship, that would be fine, if handled correctly: We've had really nice season-spanning character development for the main characters.

But Twilight just had a huge change happen to her that in itself would warrant a season worth of content and to spring a love interest on top of that (over the length of one measily movie no less), just so we can have a kissing scene would just be insulting.

Edited by Silverwisp the Bard
  • Brohoof 2

(edited)

Actually that possibility is my main gripe with the movie right now. Not because I think none of the Mane Six should get into a relationship, that would be fine. But Twilight just had a huge change happen to her that in itself would warrant a season worth of content and to spring a love interest on top of that (over the length of one measily movie no less), just so we can have a kissing scene would just be insulting.

I think the whole thing might focus a bit too much on Twilight... being the 'center' of her friends and of everything that will happen from now on. She was the main character all along in some way, yes... but it never felt like the 'Twilight-Sparkle-Show'. And that is actually a bigger fear I have.

Edited by StatesTheOblivious
  • Brohoof 2

Man, quite interesting. Well, I am going to Spain in 3 days and I dont have a theater near me that has Equestria Girls. I find this quite interesting, I can't wait for this movie when I first see it :D

Oh god no.

This just got worse, i really didn't mind EqG, I said "Writers trying something new? Okay" Instead there's the same thing we get in every episode "oh no, twilight, save equestria again" Now it's worse with "Save a parallel universe we could care less about" plot, Sunshit Shimmers is now a demon, because they're trying to target an older audience, which is stupid to begin with.

So we get the same thing as always, with crappy looking designs, and with the school drama.

Fuck this. :3

• Brohoof 1

Thank you for the spoilers, I've never been able to resist them.

So, Sunset Shimmer as a demonic prom queen? Mind controlling the crowd? His name is Flash Sentry? Honestly, I'm still pretty meh on this movie. Still far too Twilight-centered for my taste, but eh. I'm still going to check it out of course, but my expectations aren't especially high.

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

Even as a fervent critic of the way Hasbro and DHX have handled this movie, this climax is definitely getting somewhere. It's something that genuinely has the potential to come across as well-done.

However, like I wrote several times before (my scathing editorial against EQG being one of them), the climax is all for naught if/because the rest of the plot doesn't capture the conceptual and atmospheric roots of the main series, even IF the characters are in character. It also doesn't alter the horrendous quality control and the development hell this movie has gone through.

Edited by Dark Qiviut
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

The way she uses mind control, the holey wings, the color of her and the possesed kids 'eyes', as well as the black 'horn' (I'm not too sure if it is a horn, might just be a spot) kind of reminds me of the Changelings. Although, she also turns into a demon, which blows that theory out of the water. Unless she's like a power ranger and can combine with other villains.

"This is apparently the guy seen hugged by Twilight in the trailer, and his name is (apparently) Flash Sentry."

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Edited by Spess

My tolerance for resisting spoilers is incredibly low for things that are not video games unfortunately, especially for MLP...

Anyway, Satanic Shimmer looks awesome, I hope she puts up a fight though rather than just being harmony blasted or something.

This just got worse, i really didn't mind EqG, I said "Writers trying something new? Okay" Instead there's the same thing we get in every episode "oh no, twilight, save equestria again" Now it's worse with "Save a parallel universe we could care less about" plot, Sunshit Shimmers is now a demon, because they're trying to target an older audience, which is stupid to begin with.

Oh no, someone is having a nondescript problem! Twilight, save the day again!

...and there are most of the series, and a lot of the good episodes.

At least saving a new world is, you know, new.

Also, I doubt this will be that bad. ACW was atrocious in many ways, yet had a lot of good to make up for it. For all the complaints about Sombra hiumself, his two-parter made sense, and was overall better than both the pilot(which was pretty bad) and ACW. Even Discord's two-parter had a lot of things done badly(Discord's defeat was very badly done), yet it's arguably the best adventure style story so far.

EG seems to be slice of life with an overarching plot of "defeat the villain". And you know what? The FiM crowd is better at Slice of Life.

• Brohoof 1