Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Double Nostril Alicorns

Cutelestia

Who is a Double Nostril Alicorn?

Double Nostril Alicorn is an Alicorn (Celestia, Luna, Cadence) drawn is such way that you can see both eyes and both nostrils. But this is not Alicorn seen from the front; I don't know how to explain this, so have a picture:

331051__safe_solo_princess%2Bcelestia_sc

I just love these cute nostrils! But Luna is often drawn like this and Double Nostril Celestia is rare. I like how there is one on the top of this site! Can someone post more Double Nostril Celestia?

• Brohoof 11

First off, welcome to the forums!

All ponies have two nostrils. Sometimes you can only see one. :P

Pictures from this POV are rare, especially from Alicorns.

I really like it when Celestia has these views as well, or has ones straight-on like she had for a brief moment in 'Keep Calm and Flutter On'. The whole side view of her face gets really old after a while, and it's nice to see her full features now and again.

219334__safe_princess-celestia_animated_

• Brohoof 11

Bump. It's sad that Luna has a lot of double nostril faces and Celly has just a few of them. But as animation quality improves each season maybe we will see more cute faces.

• Brohoof 1

Just looking at the facial profile Celestia in those pics it actually makes her look more like a horse than an alicorn pony. With Magic Duel we now actually have canon horses to compare physically to the ponies and other species.

tumblr_melk8loAiP1qfs0cio1_400.jpg

She's still quite beautiful nonetheless and hopefully we'll see more of Celestia, Luna and Cadence in season 4, which will give the creators more chances to draw them. 

• Brohoof 2

But the most beautiful thing about Celestia is her personality. I wish that I was her friend. She is so forgiving, so laid-back, she is the best and kindest possible being. I just want to hug her and tell her how much I love her. 

Just looking at the facial profile Celestia in those pics it actually makes her look more like a horse than an alicorn pony. With Magic Duel we now actually have canon horses to compare physically to the ponies and other species.

img-1556768-1-tumblr_melk8loAiP1qfs0cio1

She's still quite beautiful nonetheless and hopefully we'll see more of Celestia, Luna and Cadence in season 4, which will give the creators more chances to draw them. 

There is a similar pic where Celly has both nostrils and you can see both eyes.

tumblr_memvltNlx81qjzcsj.png

She is quite big by the way. If Saddle Arabians are supposed to be horses, then Celly is 2 meters high including horn. I wonder how big her muzzle is? I would love to kiss her nose.

• Brohoof 4

Wow, what a random but adorable thing to notice! That's what makes the show so fun - you can find something you like to try to notice, on the rare occasion that it happens. Here's one from A Canterlot Wedding:

Princess_Celestia_are_you_serious_S2E25.

Wow, what a random but adorable thing to notice! That's what makes the show so fun - you can find something you like to try to notice, on the rare occasion that it happens. Here's one from A Canterlot Wedding:

img-1569425-1-Princess_Celestia_are_you_

That pic needs moar double nostril Twilight to make it 20% cooler. Gotta love those facial expressions though You can practically read Chrsyalis channeling the thoughts "Go away Twilight, no one cares what you think you little brat," through Shining Armor and his face.

• Brohoof 1

img-1569425-1-Princess_Celestia_are_you_

There is also one in Lesson Zero, I think that I saw it once. Why Luna has lot of double nostril scenes? She has the same muzzle as Celly but Celly is always shown from a side.

(edited)

There is also one in Lesson Zero, I think that I saw it once. Why Luna has lot of double nostril scenes? She has the same muzzle as Celly but Celly is always shown from a side.

I think you mean this scene, where Celestia and Twilight are talking in the library after the events of SmartyPantsgate. Here's the screenshot:

post-2257-0-26764300-1371733941_thumb.jpg

And my favorite Luna one, just for good measure:

post-2257-0-85717800-1371734080_thumb.jpg

Edited by Full Spectrum
  • Brohoof 3

(edited)

omg this thread, i love it xD

i'll bet you would enjoy best sisters play if you haven't already seen it

i also totally agree that we need a celestia episode. i would love to see her depicted in a different way. maybe an episode that shows the audience just how DIFFICULT it is to run a kingdom. or what celestia is doing while the mane six are off on "missions"

Edited by crazitaco

(edited)

img-1577813-1-323737__safe_princess+cele

Another cute nostrils for all of you. It's worth mentioning that some stallions and probably fleur de lis can be shown with both nostrils. Also, I really like Celly's necklace for some reason. It has these cute shapes.

Edited by Cutelestia
  • Brohoof 2

Here's a blink-and-you-miss-it kind of example, as well as being a flashback:

post-2257-0-89826700-1371806765_thumb.jpg

What? It counts, both eyes and nostrils are visible. ;)

attachicon.gifbscap0127.jpg

What? It counts, both eyes and nostrils are visible. wink.png

Which episode is this from? I wonder if there are any double nostril alicorns in season one. As for this picture, I really want to kiss Celly's nostrils.

Which episode is this from? I wonder if there are any double nostril alicorns in season one. As for this picture, I really want to kiss Celly's nostrils.

It's from "Family Appreciation Day", during Granny Smith's presentation to Apple Bloom's class about the founding of Ponyville. It's her flashback.

attachicon.gifbscap0127.jpg

What? It counts, both eyes and nostrils are visible. wink.png

That is so adorable :3

Dang, all of these pics are adorable. Time for a scavenger hunt!

It's kinda hard to see, but you can see Celestia's double nostrils.

9ARM86W.png