Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

music Favorite Movie Soundtracks

Away

(edited)

It can be an entire score or just a song. My pick would be 'Pure Imagination' from Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. Such a wonderful song. I always get this nostalgic feeling whenever I listen to it.

Edited by LatinoChurro
  • Brohoof 4

It can be an entire score or just a song. My pick would be 'Pure Imagination' from Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. Such a wonderful song. I always get this nostalgic feeling whenever I listen to it.

2g

Ah man, that's just a nostalgic song. I like that song too.

I don't listen to movie soundtracks really, but actually, when I was a kid I listened to the Digimon movie soundtrack all the time. I still love some of the songs like these two for example:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfaynpNvj4Q

• Brohoof 3

I don't think I could say I have only one favourite soundtrack, there are so many good ones out there!  Some of what I like are:

The Queen of the Damned soundtrack

Symphony no.7 movement 2 from The Fall

I know this isn't a movie soundtrack but Sorceresses from The Witcher 2

LoZ:OoT the whole soundtrack

LoZ:WW the whole soundtrack

TES Morrowind - TES Skyrim soundtracks

Borderlands and Borderlands 2 soundtracks

Want You Gone from Portal 2

All I want to do is Rock from Hellboy 2

Pairbound from Bioshock 2

Dragon Age: Origins soundtrack

CHOCOLAT from Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt

Meltdown from Silent Hill: Origins

etc etc....

• Brohoof 2

Dammit! Can one of the moderators please change the word 'Favor' to 'Favorite' in the topic title. My bad.

You can change it yourself. Just click edit on the original post and it will bring you to a new page where you can change the title.

• Brohoof 2

Course you, GEMA! Why don't you let me watch what those friendly Bronies are posting here!?

I know, it's not a real movie Soundtrack, but it has been used for several movies and trailers.

I talk about the albums 'Invicible' and 'Archangel' by Two Steps from Hell.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I think LOTR Trilogy has the most epic soundtrack of all time. I'm making the claim.

Here is some from the Two Towers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=VbdpoKTbKFI&list=PL79014E68AE12791A

And some from the Return of the King

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&list=PLF1594447067F2248&v=1fQGAxAz-GM

Edited by Dark Moon
  • Brohoof 4

I also would say that I like the Lord of the Rings soundtrack. I really like the music in this movie.

There's a specific part I really like, I think it's at like 2:10

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

You can change it yourself. Just click edit on the original post and it will bring you to a new page where you can change the title.

Thank you so much. smile.png

Here's another favorite.

Probably my favorite soundtrack ever - and one of my favorite movies ever. The whole score is absolutely amazing and is incredibly touching.

Edited by LatinoChurro
  • Brohoof 3

(edited)

I rarely ever listen to movie soundtracks actually, but some appeal to me. I really like the OST from The Fountain, which contains original songs by Clint Mansell. Another movie soundtrack I like is the one from 500 Days of Summer. That one uses songs from various artists instead, though.

Edited by fimdash
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

The entire soundtrack of The Island.

Now, the first track you hear off of the soundtrack in the film, called "The Island Awaits You", follows a certain melody which then descends into dark sound effects as the movie changes; we don't get to hear a continuation of the melody at that time. The movie continues with fast-paced soundtracks such as "The Craziest Mess I've Ever Seen" and multiple action scenes in the name of a very intriguing ethical situation. After so much tension, free running, cunning and firefights, the climax is reached and the final track plays; "My Name Is Lincoln", a track revisits the first track you heard at the beginning; but instead of descending into the dark sound effect again like you first heard it, it... it soars. It surges onwards into an incredible, finalist, uplifting and epic track. 1:02 in the video below.

I've never really felt truly touched by the soundtrack of a film as a separate thing from the film, but The Island's incredible soundtrack did it for me.

<3

That's not the only soundtrack I like, of course. It's just the best. Other ones I feel that are worthy of mention include:

• (The violin at 1:32... shivers!)
  • a
Edited by Flipturn ツ
  • Brohoof 1

Tron: Legacy is the only one I can think of right now. My favourite song from it would probably be The Game has Changed. End of Line and Derezzed are so overrated.

My pick would be 'Pure Imagination' from Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. Such a wonderful song. I always get this nostalgic feeling whenever I listen to it.

I've never seen the original Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, but this song just sounds very beautiful.

• Brohoof 2

I like some bits and pieces from the Spirited Away soundtrack especially the last two instrumental songs used. Also adding to that would be the intro song from My Neighbor Totoro. And then there's the soundtrack from Brave which I like to listen to. Finally alot of the songs from the original Pokemon series. ^__^ Oh yeah one more: the classic soundtrack from A Charlie Brown Christmas.

• Brohoof 1

Gladiator had another awesome soundtrack. That movie was so good.

Also Jurassic Park, for obvious reasons. So much nostalgia.  

• Brohoof 1

The movie might have not been as good as it could have been but I did like the soundtrack for the movie Beowulf

What we need is a hero

• Brohoof 2

• 1 year later...

I don't know why but I only remember Gravity, the ending soundtrack is really awesome, so uplifting and kinda sad at the same time

Also another one that I remember is an old Mr Bean movie "The Ultimate Disaster" in the scene where Mr Bean trying to fix the painting. That one is such a great track!

Edited by Alanj2007Games
  • Brohoof 1