Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

music Favorite Movie Soundtracks

Away

I think that many game soundtracks are better than movie soundtracks these days, but some of the best movie soundtracks out there, imo, are LOTR, and Man of Steel.  Other noteworthy ones are Spirited Away, Ocean's 11, Braveheart, and Avatar.

• Brohoof 1

Movies have soundtracks? :lol:

No seriously. I don't even notice half the time. The only movies whose soundtracks I remember are School of Rock and Tenacious D and the Pick of Destiny. Oh and the Ghost In The Shell movie.

• Brohoof 2

As a soundtrack nut, I really can't decide on one. XD

Mostly the stuff from either Hanz Zimmerman or John Powell are good. The HTTYD (1 and 2) soundtrack is probably one of my most favorites...there's also the TRON legacy soundtrack though....love that one.

• Brohoof 1

I adore the soundtrack to The Lion King. Even as a young child I remember being totally captivated by its score and songs.

Lots of Zimmer fans here...

Edited by Rainboom Dash
  • Brohoof 1

Star Wars and Lord of the Rings are obvious choices, but the one that first popped into my mind was Kill Bill, especially Battle Without Honor Or Humanity and Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood.

• Brohoof 1

Of all movies, I got to say "Pee-Wee's Big Adventure." The music in that movie is happy, by then it has a few eerie songs for moments like with Large Marge.

"...Like a garbage truck, dropped straight off the Empire State Building."

Outside of movies, my favorite soundtrack of all time is Ridiculon's music for Binding of Isaac: Rebirth.

• Brohoof 1

The entirety of Star Wars (original trilogy and prequels)

Jurassic Park Theme

Indiana Jones Theme

The Dark Knight Rises Theme

Time from Inception

Spider-Man 2 Opening Theme

Interstellar End Theme

Guardians of the Galaxy Awesome Mix

Just to name a few

Edited by Unr3alGamer
  • Brohoof 1

I love soundtracks to musicals.  Live action or animated, though I tend to prefer stuff by Disney.  Right now my favorite is Frozen.  

Both my wife and daughter love the Frozen OST. My wife has Let It Go on her phone as a ring tone. :D

• Brohoof 1

Ah man, that's just a nostalgic song. I like that song too.

I don't listen to movie soundtracks really, but actually, when I was a kid I listened to the Digimon movie soundtrack all the time. I still love some of the songs like these two for example:

Thank you for even mentionning the digimon movie. I LOVE that movie. it has everything...although I watched it in English.

anyways, to add to this topic...we're only talking movies, right?

and

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhSf7L0ilXs

and of course

I have others, but I can't bring them to the front of my mind...maybe I'll remember them later.

As far as video games go, though, Pokémon B/W blew me away!

Like, just,

just

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBblQDOTMek

just listen.

Edited by AmberDust
  • Brohoof 1

I love just about any movie soundtrack that was done by John Williams, such as Star Wars, and Indiana Jones.

Also as many people here have already said, the Lord of the Rings music is pretty great.

• Brohoof 1

I love the Little Nicky soundtrack. Sure, it's an Adam Sandler film, but the soundtrack is the best part of the entire film!

In terms of music score, however, The Queen of the Damned also delivers.

Edited by Blackened
  • Brohoof 1

Devil's Rejects has one of the strongest ST's out there, top to bottom. Armageddon was pretty solid as well, despite being a terrible movie.

Stoned Age is up there...the Araki trilogy and The crow were all really good. Crow actually doesn't get the credit it deserves, hugely influential action flick. Though most directors would probably deny it.

• Brohoof 1