Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Quoting Issues.

ProjectRKA
Go to solution Solved by NavelColt,

I've noticed that when I delete a letter or a misspelled word, and also having quoted someone, it doesn't only delete the letter/word, but also the quote-box itself and leave the text that was in the quote.

I don't know if it happens for anyone else, but this is pretty damn annoying.

That's weird, if you mean what I think you do it works perfectly fine for me. I can quote someone and then edit the text inside the box without any problems. Both with bb codes activated and when not.

Hey ProjectRKA!

I myself have experienced a similar thing when editing text within a quote, however it tends to happen when I select a bunch of text in a quote and I delete it. It also happens if I get too close to the start of the quote box.

Is this the problem you're experiencing, or is it whenever you try to edit it at all?

If so then try using it in BBCode mode, like suggested. In the end it sounds like the forums software just not agreeing with something else.

One last question; has it always done this for you, or only recently? (Sorry to answer a question with questions!)

• Brohoof 1

Hey ProjectRKA!

I myself have experienced a similar thing when editing text within a quote, however it tends to happen when I select a bunch of text in a quote and I delete it. It also happens if I get too close to the start of the quote box.

Is this the problem you're experiencing, or is it whenever you try to edit it at all?

If so then try using it in BBCode mode, like suggested. In the end it sounds like the forums software just not agreeing with something else.

One last question; has it always done this for you, or only recently? (Sorry to answer a question with questions!)

Both yes and no. Sometimes when I try to edit a word outside of the quote-box, the quote-box disappears as well. It also disappears when I edit a word inside the box. 

And it has only happened recently. 

Both yes and no. Sometimes when I try to edit a word outside of the quote-box, the quote-box disappears as well. It also disappears when I edit a word inside the box. 

And it has only happened recently. 

This all sounds more along the lines of a buggish sort of glitchy thing that could potentially be examined by the techies, or fixed by IPS in a future update. That said, I think it might be a good idea for you to create a technical Support Ticket for this, and with some patience, we'll be able to find out if anything about the quoting issues you're experiencing can be recreated and if so, sought after for a future solution :3

• Brohoof 1