Penloy

Cats or Dogs?

Cats or Dogs?  

139 members have voted

1. 1. Cat's or Dogs?

I just saw a post relating to dogs and this popped up in my mind :) So what do you like better, cats or dogs? Personally, I like Cats better but I like both of them alot :)

I'm gonna have to go with dogs. I just feel like you can do more with them, and they're much more interactive than cats.

I still like cats, though.

Cats, definitely cats. I have extensive experience with both, currently have 3 dogs and 1 cat. Dogs are pretty annoying in general. All they do is bark, slobber, and get really depressed if you don't play with them. Not very independent. My cat is so nice, very independent little creature. Isn't afraid of me in the slightest. About the only annoying thing that he does is get in my face too much sometimes and knock stuff off of tables just for the fun of it.

Ehm, I'm not sure. Hopefully I will know what I like better some day... <---- Sarcasm.

MEEEEOW MEEEOOW IIII AMMM AAAA CAAAT!

Anyways, I like cats.

Cats, without a doubt. Dogs are annoying and consume your time like a black hole

Cats are also a million times more adorable and easier to take care of

Awww.... You're making me choose! Well as much as I LOVE the adorable cuteness of cats, I'm gonna have to say dogs. Mostly because I'm allergic to cats, but I do love that dogs are cute and cuddly. They are loyal without a doubt and give you unconditional love. They will always play with you and be there for you when you need them. They are more of a pain to take care of but there is a reason they are called "man's best friend" laugh.png

(edited)

I'm actually so-so with this.  I think it really depends on my mood, really! Dogs are considered more loyal and protective of their owners while cats tend to have a mind of their own (generally?) And do things the way they want to do it when they want to do it.  Dogs tend to act openly and affectionate with their owners while cats often time seem to need a reason or only on their own terms.  However, dogs constantly need to be taken care of.  Cats usually just need to know where the litter box and food are to go about their own business, with little worry on your part as they're pretty independent.  Dogs need a bit more, what with needing to be bathed, taken out, etc.  What it really comes down to is are you one to enjoy that affection and giving that affection/care in return but with more work or if you're more the type that likes to laze around (Not that it's bad! I'm very lazy lol) and only have one to cuddle every so often, the calmer type of affections but with little interaction?  I personally love both.  Of course, this is completely general(Stereotypical?) speaking! The tides can shift as every dog and cat are different in their own individual way. ^^;

I suppose if I had to choose though, I'd go with cats.  My entire family happens to be made up of cat-lovers, so...

Edited by Amaris NSane

I think every dog and cat owner should have a license for their pet, and getting that license should require a written test in which:

*The would-be owner demonstrates very basic knowledge of how to care for a dog/cat at home and with the public

*The would-be owner demonstrates that they don't have an abuse-related criminal record 

*The would-be owner demonstrates how to write a coherent paragraph (any language)

*The would-be owner demonstrates how to count to 20.

I think you'd curb animal abuse by over 80% in the U.S. alone by doing this. Most people I've met who neglect their pets are mental midgets with psychological hangups that they project onto defenseless animals.

(Per the question: I like dogs because they'll generally do what you tell them to, and I like cats because they'll generally do the exact opposite. It's a nice contrast.) img-1379355-5-xtWXQl1.png

I like cats and well I do own two cats. But, I prefer dogs because they are very loyal animals and they will always be there for you. I had to beg to get two cats but, I wish I asked for a dog. A very hard decision to decide which one is better. laugh.png

I love both but I am more of a dog person myself. I guess it comes with having a servicedog I am a tad biased xd I've always grown up with both. I do adore my cats but I do so much better w dogs.

Doggies! Dogs are always there for you, they love you and respect you.

Cats are just like my house, my sofa, my food, my rules. XD

If you died, your dog would sit beside you, waiting for you to wake up, but your cat would probably start eating you.

(edited)

I cannot pick because I have absolutely ZERO experience owning either one. I suppose I would pick dogs because of their playful nature. As far as I know Cats are usually a little too quiet...They won't really do much at all so I always thought they were pretty boring to say the least.

It really depends on the type of person you are. Obviously those who don't like dogs are probably quiet people and don't like being bothered.

Edited by Lady Rainicorn

I like cats. Cats are just cool, well, cats. They don't do anything, but they're still cool.

Dogs are way too active for me, being a lazy jerk. They need all your attention 24/7. Cats are just chill.

This has been propaganda a presentation.

Badges

Dogs by far. They're playful and lovable and loyal and keep would be intruders wary. It's mostly the lovableness that draws me to them though.

Cats' biggest boon is also their biggest draw back in my eyes. They're so independent that they're kind of boring. As far as my experience goes, cats generally don't like to be bothered and don't  come across as very affectionate. Plus, I personally don't think they feel as nice as most dogs...

I like both animals but I think I'm more of a cat person then a dog person I've yet to experience taking care of cat's though so I wonder what that will be like :)

I love both. They both have their strong points.

Dogs are very loyal, and are a lot more useful than cats. However, dogs are also demanding. Puppies have to be housebroken, and they're a lot of work to take care of. Dogs are just a lot more high-maintenance than cats.

Cats are great because they can take care of themselves. You don't have to walk a cat or bathe it, and they can use a litter box. As long as you feed it and make sure it's healthy, a cat is a lot less work to take care of than a dog. And there's nothing more adorable than kitten.

Both pets have their pros and cons. It really depends on who you are and what you personality is. At the moment, I'm more of a cat person. They fit my relaxed personality a lot better. Plus, there's nothing cuter than a little kitten. I still love dogs too though.

I've never really been much of a 'dog person', as not a lot of people I know have dogs. I have five cats and they're very smoochy so I voted cats.

Cats. I've had many bad experiences with dogs. all they ever do is be loud and obnoxious and slobber and poop everywhere all the time. you'd think they're paid for it. whereas cats actually aren't annoying. they're cute and adorable and they don't annoy the heck out of you for no reason and they don't jump up on you and try to lick your face (usually).

Also, cats hunt for you. whats not to like?!

Cats, dogs are very needy and don't know how to shut up. Dogs are annoying, I hate dogs. I wish I had a cat, too bad my parents won't let me have one.

Don't mind both to be honest, but if I had to make a decision between the two, I would go with dog.  For some reason, I seem to share a good bond with my canine companions.  I'm able to understand them, get into their heads, and familiarize myself with their mannerisms.  Cats seem to be rather chaotic at the best of times.  Not to mention they turn into little drama queens. 

I love both but I love cats a bit more because they're more feminine and less dirty.  I hear a lot of guys say they hate cats which makes me sad, but I guess bronies are cat people, which is nice.

Sigh... I miss my cat.  Ran away forever ago.  Maybe I'll get a new one someday.

I own a dog, and generally like dogs better. My only dog behaves a lot like a cat though :P, which makes the choice a bit strange. He's such a lovable, crazy, lazy bum :)

I like dogs better, because they don't claw your face. dry.png  They're also much more loving. happy.png

But they bark so damn much! Seriously! laugh.png

But yeah, I voted dog.

Why choose?

CatDog_by_deadPxl.jpg

But seriously, I love both, but I prefer dogs. They're just more friendly, and they truly care about you. I love my cats, but when they look at me they just see "Foooood"

(edited)

Definitely dogs. I know how to speak dog. No idea how to speak cat. I've always owned dogs. Never owned a cat. I like cats, but just not as much as dogs. Frankly, I'm a bit afraid of getting scratched or bitten by a cat. Also, dogs kind of fulfill this want to take care of something. They're more up front about their affection and appreciation to their master. I know that someone's probably gonna disagree with me here, but cats kinda seem like they don't need you and tend to be on their own schedule of affection. You can pet a dog, like, all day. Cats get fed up with you after, like, 5 minutes or so of petting. In my experience, anyway.

Also, I like that you can train dogs. Everything I've been told is that you don't train cats so much as you strongly discourage things you don't like in really roundabout ways that unless you have the internet, you wouldn't think of on your own. You can also take dogs on walks and to parks and do activities with them like hunting, herding, agility, flyball, etc. Cats... not so much.

Cats are fine. I just like dogs a lot better.

Edited by Clover Heart