Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

OC reviews from me. (CLOSED)

Blue Moon

(edited)

Well, I have seen Silverwisp the Bard's thread and Fancy Ram's threads for rating OC's and it sounded fun to do. So I have decided to open up a thread for it. Just post a picture of your OC and their profile and I'll rate them the best I can. If you don't agree with something I say, don't get upset. It's your OC, not mine and this whole thing is just my opinions.

Check here to see the order of the reviews, and if yours has been done yet. 

Twiliscael Done

Snowdream Done

GaleFenrir Done

Sir.Flutter Hooves Done

Lady Rainicorn Done

Dark Moon Done

Silverwisp the Bard Done

Sky Chaser Done

Gamer~Changeling97 Done

Sky Song Done

Lightning Dancer Done

~Fire Sky~ Done

Hopeful Daydreams Done

WarpShot Done

Super Derpy Done

Arcus (Silver Lining) Wind Done

Zygen Done

Starshine Done

Minath-chan Done

Tropical Jubilee Done

Shift Done

Cerulean Sky Done

InvisiblePinkUnicorn Done

Princess HarmonyStar Done

Ion Done

Descant Done

Colt Done

SkyeRibbonPwny Done

baman Done

Ampharos Done

Cherry Bob omb Done

PelateOvercast Done

lighting flash Done 

Becker (Fender) Done

DashForever Done

Cherrypie-chan Done

repsol rave Done

Nature of Fluttershy Done

Lume~WMJ Done

Nova Done 

Budding Night Done

MWMalcom Done

Minty Wintergreen  Done

DXSilverX Done 

Dashie~  Done

Seraphim Done

Sectus Done 

Mandalore Dash Done 

Nomadic Done

Becker (Fender) Done 

Emerald <3 Done

Colt Done

Pink Mist Done

Grand_Finale Done

Harmonic Revelations Banned

WheatleyCore Done

Harmony Star Done

Steel Accord Done

muffinoverlord1337 Done

Thunder-Dash Banned

~chaotic sole~ Done

Keezuw Done

DarligPegasi Done

muffinoverlord1337 Done

Sterling Crimson Done

Zygen Done

Blazing Hoof Banned

Midnight Gaze Done

Fluttershysguy Done

Bronyette Done

ElectronDaydream Done

crazitaco Done

Scratched Disk Done

DukeofCanterlot Done

Heatwave Done

defearonthedestroyer Done

Charcoal Embers Done

Jack Spades Done

Bridge Done

ninjamon102938 Done

nioniosbbbb Banned

Red Eclipse Banned

Jonny Music Done

MiniKirby123 Done

Ziggy Belongs to RD Done

AmberDust Done

Princess_Moonlight Done

Cupcake1990 Done

Tao Done

CosmicMelody2112 Done

WiiGuy2014 Done

PonyFan101 Done

Hibiscus Bloom Done

SunBurn Done

bronislav84 Done

Astral Blitzen Done

Tao Done

Dulset Tarn Banned

Denim&Venom Done

Candy Star Done

HunterTSN Done

PeridotPegasus Done

Twi the Totodile Done

SuperBrony87 Done

Tilt Done

Wheatley Done

Edited by Blue Moon
  • Brohoof 13

Bored as hell...

Late at night...

Take a fair bit of pride in my OC...

Ah, you win. Here's a link to my OC Icarus. If he seems a bit boring, that's okay because he's just that kind of guy :D

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

Why  the buck not? can you do my three main OC's (Snowdream, Mist Chaser, Peach Heart) hehe interested to hear what you think. follow the links in my signature.

Edited by Snowdream
  • Brohoof 1

I have already received judgement by the most fashionable of woolen mammals, but I figure a second opinion(or third, if I were to count my own) would be neat.

Anyways, link to my character profile is in my sig.

• Brohoof 1

Well, I have seen Silverwisp the Bard's thread and Fancy Ram's threads for rating OC's and it sounded fun to do. So I have decided to open up a thread for it. Just post a picture of your OC and their profile and I'll rate them the best I can. If you don't agree with something I say, don't get upset. It's your OC, not mine and this whole thing is just my opinions.

Blue, your one of my good friends on these forums, so of course I shall get a review for thee fellow gentlecolt.

Here is my OC Brown Horizon:

post-13325-0-73680600-1362798065_thumb.png

Here is Vivid Kicks, his girlfriend:
post-13325-0-58197400-1367703222_thumb.png

Thanks man.

• Brohoof 2

Ok, I will brohoof your post for approval. You can expect a review tomorrow (If not, call in the angry mob.) I'm feeling a bit tired, so I won't do them tonight.

*yawns

(edited)
Well before I go to sleep let me share with you my dragon O.C.

......I never thought of making a dragon OC, well I now what I'm doing tomorrow. img-1541542-1-smile.png

Okay here is Dark Moon, be as harsh as you want. I can take the pain. I now have a proper backstory, here is da link: http://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/dark-moon-r3621

Update: Top pic is current form now, still has armor though. Let me know which pic you think looks better. I'm split whether I want to go with the new version or keep the old as my primary pic. I love the new version, but....

img-1541542-2-82ed0037-eb8a-479f-847d-24

img-1541542-2-ArmoredDarkMoon_zpsb9912d7

Edited by Dark Moon
  • Brohoof 2

I don't have a profile page for him just yet, but this is my OC Spudz :D

He's a potato farming/cooking pony from Whinnypeg C: He has a very simple backstory... was born and raised on the farm, grew up with a passion for potatoes, and got his cutie mark early on when he was helping his father dig up the harvest. His favourite part of farming is the digging :P

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

Bored as hell...

Late at night...

Take a fair bit of pride in my OC...

Ah, you win. Here's a link to my OC Icarus. If he seems a bit boring, that's okay because he's just that kind of guy img-1546083-1-biggrin.png

OC: Icarus  Owner: Twiliscael

I like this OC quite a bit. He is interesting to me because his name suggests that he is cool and awesome (Couldn't think of better words), but he actually turns out to be just be an "Average Joe." It is kind of humorous and clever on your part. 

As for his backstory, it's kind of plain but I think it fits for this kind of character. I like how he just a normal pegasus and not some overlord or all-powerful pony like I see with some OCs. (Not all; just some.) His personality has a natural feel to it and it is very believable and because of that; I could see him as a character in the show.

He has a cool design as well. The colors fit nicely with the name and the cutie mark is a nice too. While I don't particularly like the mane design on its own, you made it look nice on your OC.

Overall, I saw nothing wrong with this OC and it is pretty unique to see such a normal OC.

Grade A+

Why  the buck not? can you do my three main OC's (Snowdream, Mist Chaser, Peach Heart) hehe interested to hear what you think. follow the links in my signature.

OC: Snowdream  Owner: Snowdream

Snowdream has a nice pretty design that is pleasing to the eye. I like the color scheme you chose for her and fits her character very well.

Her personality works, but I see the traits you used for her in a lot of other OCs. Nothing wrong with them; even my OC has similar traits. But I think you should add a bit more to her personality. I think a few more unique traits would help the personality greatly. I also found a lack of Snowdreams's interests. Interests and dislikes are important parts of a character's personality and I think you should give her some. What does she like to do? What doesn't she like?

I'm not particularly fond of the backstory as it seems incomplete. I think tell how she got inside the sphere or at least elaborate more on that part of backstory. Also, I think you should add more about her brother. You didn't give a lot of detail on that other than she had a brother. How did he disappear? It doesn't really feel necessary to mention if you don't give more info on it.

Overall, a pretty solid OC that has a pretty design and theme, but could benefit from editing to the backstory and personality. 

Grade: B+

OC: Mist Chaser  Owner: Snowdream 

I love the design for Mist Chaser! It has such a good look and the colors are perfect together. The mane style is very good too and I like how it is messy; gives more character to her. And the expression goes very well with the traits given.

I kind of liked the personality of Mist Chaser. It has pretty nice trait and the "flirty" trait was a great idea and it makes your OC much more unique. It leads me to wonder if she happens to like writing or reading romance novels... However, the personality is lacking any flaws for Mist Chaser. It is good to give a fictional character flaws as well as good traits as it gives them a more three-dimensional personality. But I do like how she has an interest in writing; good to know she has interests which helps the character a lot. 

I don't like the backstory though. In my opinion, it doesn't focus on Mist Chaser enough and doesn't give much detail. You don't explain why she was bullied which isn't good. You should give some reasoning why she was bullied which in the process; could give your OC some needed flaws. Also, I know your OC has a flirty personality, but I think you shouldn't focus on that as much as focusing on other things such as her interest in writing. Writing seems like the main focus in her character and a backstory to reflect that would help greatly.

Overall, a very nice looking OC with a personality that could use some additions and a backstory that should be edited a bit.

Grade: C+

OC: Peach Heart  Owner: Snowdream

This OC has a couple of issues. First off, the personality.

I don't you think you should have more than one OC with the "Flirty" trait for the sake of redundancy. I think you should try to come up with another trait (This trait can still be a romantic one. Perhaps "Hopeless Romantic?") As for "kind" and "caring", they work but they are really plain and give your OC a really boring feel. Try to add more unique to traits so she can be distinguished from other OCs easily. And there are no flaws which isn't good because of reasons above. And like I said before, interests and dislikes help.

The backstory definitely needs some work. Living in Cloudsdale and being best friends with Snowdream isn't a backstory; it's just a few details about her. So I can't say anything else other than to make an actual backstory.

The design is nice and I don't really have any issues with it though.

I read that you will update the page later, so I will edit this review of her when you do that. Just let me know when you update it.

Until then, I will have to give it a 

Grade: D-

Edited by Blue Moon
  • Brohoof 3

Oh no, your review are gradually degrading in the grades! Mine is next, will I get an F? F-?

AH! That is terrifying.

Well, just kidding, but it was a silly little thought that popped in my head when I saw that trend.

Also, could you review my second character, Gardenia, as well?

• Brohoof 1

Oh no, your review are gradually degrading in the grades! Mine is next, will I get an F? F-?

AH! That is terrifying.

Well, just kidding, but it was a silly little thought that popped in my head when I saw that trend.

Also, could you review my second character, Gardenia, as well?

Any set sequence in my grades is entirely a coincidence and has no effect on future reviews. :)

Sure, I'll give Gardenia as well.

Any set sequence in my grades is entirely a coincidence and has no effect on future reviews. smile.png

Sure, I'll give Gardenia as well.

Will the reviews be getting along soon? :3

I'm a little impatient to see what someone else thinks of my OC.

Just giving the topic a little bump. 

(edited)

Will the reviews be getting along soon? :3

I'm a little impatient to see what someone else thinks of my OC.

Just giving the topic a little bump. 

Sorry, I wasn't able to get on the whole yesterday and my whole schedule was thrown off. I'll go work on some more right now. Sorry!

I have already received judgement by the most fashionable of woolen mammals, but I figure a second opinion(or third, if I were to count my own) would be neat.

Anyways, link to my character profile is in my sig.

OC: Curious  Owner: GaleFenrir

I think I'll start off with his design. His mane and coat colors go very nicely together and aren't over the top, so bonus points for that. His color scheme kind of reminds of red velvet cake. And I see you edited the color a bit for the scarf. Much nicer and it really improves the whole presentation and color scheme. I really like the color chosen for it.

I really like the personality you chose for him. I love those kinds of personalities and it isn't often I see one in a MLP OC. You did a great job with giving him more than one dimension and it's very good he has his traits, flaws, and interests. So very good job with the personality.

His backstory is very nice as well. It's a teeny bit tragic, but you don't overdo it in a way that makes it look unrealistic. I like how based the backstory off of his personality and put a large focus on how his traits affected his life. The ending leaves us wondering what happens next which is very good as it means that you have now gotten anyone's interest in your OC's current life.

Overall, a very very good OC that is perfectly made. So I will give you a 

Grade: A+

OC: Gardenia  Owner: GaleFenrir

I kind of like her look, though I feel like her coat and boot colors clash a bit with the rest of her. I think that the clothing is a bit much and she would look much better without it. The necklace would signify her royalty just fine on it's own. Other than, look pretty and the  mane has a very nice design to it.

I like her personality though it kind of reminds me of Fluttershy; just not that extreme. But what makes her different from Fluttershy is that you added the interest in books and her scholarly side. That is a normal trait and makes her much more easy to relate to. She now seems like a clone of me. So, great job with the personality.

Her backstory is nice and it works, but it's a bit cliche. Not that there is anything wrong with that, it's just something to point out as I have seen many different movies and books about a princess who is isolated from the rest of the world and wants to go outside. But I think it could work in this situation.

Overall, a nice OC that could benefit from some design modification and a more unique backstory, but still good nonetheless.

Grade: B+

Edited by Blue Moon
  • Brohoof 4

(edited)

Blue, your one of my good friends on these forums, so of course I shall get a review for thee fellow gentlecolt.

Here is my OC Brown Horizon:

Here is Vivid Kicks, his girlfriend:

Thanks man.

OC: Brown Horizon  Owner: Sir.Flutter Hooves

Well, you didn't provide a profile for this OC, so I can't review the backstory or personality as there isn't one. I will just review the design. If you provide a profile, then I will edit this post as soon as you give me the profile.

Ok, let's begin.

The design for Brown Horizon works, but I feel it is a bit too brown. Yes, I know his name is BROWN Horizon, but a little color contrast is always nice. So, I think you should add more colors to him besides brown, but that's just my opinion. Also, the watch on his foreleg looks really weird and I think you should keep his legs free of accessories. 

Overall, a nice looking OC that could use more diversity in the color scheme and could do without the watch.

Grade: C+

OC: Vivid Kicks  Owner: Sir.Flutter Hooves

For reasons said above, I cannot review the personality or backstory, and will be reviewing the design instead until missing elements are given.

Let's begin.

I don't really know what to say about the design of Vivid Kicks. The colors are usually bad looking colors and they look like they would clash easily, but somehow; the color scheme is actually good. I have no idea how you made it look good with those colors, but you did and it looks very nice. 

Grade: B-

*Yawn*

Well before I go to sleep let me share with you my dragon O.C. http://squishyelephant.deviantart.com/art/Aura-347261968

thanks for taking the time to examine her.

OC: Aura  Owner: Lady Rainicorn

No personality or backstory given, so like with Sir.Flutter Hooves' OCs, I will have to only review the design unless the missing elements are given.

Let's begin.

Wow, a dragon OC. That's something rather new. Anyway, Aura is a very cute dragon OC and I like the main skin and eye colors, but I think that the underbelly color is a bit too prominent of a color. I feel it would look better if the shade of yellow in the drawing was replaced with a paler shade of yellow to complement the grey part better.

Grade: A-

......I never thought of making a dragon OC, well I now what I'm doing tomorrow. img-1541542-1-smile.png

Okay here is Dark Moon, be as harsh as you want. I can take the pain. I now have a proper backstory, here is da link: http://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/dark-moon-r3621

Update: Top pic is current form now, still has armor though. Let me know which pic you think looks better. I'm split whether I want to go with the new version or keep the old as my primary pic. 

img-1541542-2-82ed0037-eb8a-479f-847d-24

img-1541542-2-ArmoredDarkMoon_zpsb9912d7

OC: Dark Moon  Owner: Dark Moon

Starting off with the design, I like it quite a bit. It looks nice and I don't have any major issues with the base design. However, I think the armor should be redone in some way. He looks nice with armor and all, but it looks really weird to have armor on certain spots only. The locations chosen for the armor pieces make the whole thing look cluttered.

Next up, his personality. Wow, he has a lot of traits. Socially awkward, kind, intelligent, not arrogant, never gossips, fearless, minor anger issues, a little impatient, goofy, and competitive. I think the personality should be edited a bit. It kind of feels like he was given random traits with no correlation to each other. Try giving him a distinct personality with traits that would make sense together. But you did a good job with avoiding not giving enough traits, but you kind of went overboard with this.

His backstory fits his personality and I don't really have any problem with it. However, there was a minor spelling error in the backstory in the profile. The plural of pegasus is pegasi, not pegasuses. That's about it.

Overall, this OC could use some edits to the armor in his design and could benefit from a more distinct personality.

Grade: C-

Hmm, being on the other side seems fun, do your worst (just choose one):

Amy (just a design, cuz she kinda breaks canon)

Joan

Schnuppe new

Butch new

Silverwisp

OC: Silverwisp the Bard  Owner: Silverwisp the Bard

Design first. I really like the design for Silverwisp. I especially like his hat and it really has a lot of character to it. His cutie mark looks nice as well. However, the color scheme does seem quite similar to that of Big McIntosh's. This is a very minor issue and isn't really worthy of being mentioned, but I decided to say it anyway.

I love the personality for him. It is very simple, yet it works perfectly. I really like how is flaw is something very unique for OCs I see most of the time. Kind of reminds me of Pinkie Pie, but in a good way. Anyway, probably one of my favorite personalities I have seen so far in OCs. 

His backstory is rather lacking in details, but it isn't that bad and it works for his simple character. So yeah, don't really have too many issues with it.

Overall, a great OC that is worthy of:

Grade: A+

Edited by Blue Moon
  • Brohoof 3

Next up, his personality. Wow, he has a lot of traits. Socially awkward, kind, intelligent, not arrogant, never gossips, fearless, minor anger issues, a little impatient, goofy, and competitive. I think the personality should be edited a bit. It kind of feels like he was given random traits with no correlation to each other. Try giving him a distinct personality with traits that would make sense together. But you did a good job with not giving enough traits, but you kind of went overboard with this.

What are you saying about my personality man? Just kidding.

Hm.....I may look into this, it did seem kind of thrown together. I was attempting to make him my ponysona, sort of, so not sure what I can change really, but I will try.  I have a very odd personality. I'll try to reword it I guess, make it flow better. Maybe just go along the idea of having a good moral code and leave out some of the details.

The Pegasuses thing was a joke XD (a bad inside joke inside my head that is)

The armor has been troubling me for awhile as well, been trying to go for something unconventional but I haven't quite found it yet. I think I'm headed in the right direction with the newer version. I'm going to keep trying with that, might just end up settling with no armor and just have a satchel instead. 

Thank you for writing an excellent review, I'm always open to criticism. 

• Brohoof 2

(edited)
What are you saying about my personality man? Just kidding. Hm.....I may look into this, it did seem kind of thrown together. I was attempting to make him my ponysona, sort of, so not sure what I can change really, but I will try.  I have a very odd personality. I'll try to reword it I guess, make it flow better. Maybe just go along the idea of having a good moral code and leave out some of the details.

Ok, sounds good. Rewording usually makes things appear much better and flow better as well.

The armor has been troubling me for awhile as well, been trying to go for something unconventional but I haven't quite found it yet. I think I'm headed in the right direction with the newer version. I'm going to keep trying with that, might just end up settling with no armor and just have a satchel instead.

Yeah, I kind of like the look of Dark Moon with a satchel more than his look with armor. Your call though.

Your welcome. Glad I could provide criticism. Hopefully you found it helpful.

Kind of off-topic, but since it discussing the quality of an OC, I'll say it.

Is is odd of me to give my OC a grade of C- ? If I were to give a full review of mine, the grade would be C-.

Edited by Blue Moon
  • Brohoof 2

Not to be rude or anything. But I posted my ocs to be reviewed quite a bit ago and well you see... none of them have been reviewed and it appears you've reviewed everyone's but mine. Also you brohoofed mine which means it was approved  to so if possible could you please review mine?

(edited)

Not to be rude or anything. But I posted my ocs to be reviewed quite a bit ago and well you see... none of them have been reviewed and it appears you've reviewed everyone's but mine. Also you brohoofed mine which means it was approved  to so if possible could you please review mine?

Look again dude, he is going in order. He hasn't skipped you, and you will most likely be in the next batch of reviews. He had a busy last couple of days so he is a little behind. Patience is a virtue. 

Edited by Dark Moon
  • Brohoof 1

You haven't been skipped and not everyone's OC's have been reviewed yet. I am going in order if you look at the requests made and the reviews given. I will give your review as soon as I get through the requests that were made before you requested. It would be very rude of me if I were to skip over the people who requested before you. Please be patient. It takes quite a bit to make the reviews and I am going as fast as possible, but I have been quite busy.

Thanks! :)