Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How to buy ponies from a toy store without getting caught

Belgian&Brony

All of the listed methods rely on some form of disguise or cover-up excuse. Try a distraction method.

1. Locate shop

2. On a different day, find the location of the pony aisle and tills.

3. On the day of purchase, create a distraction to lure people towards the distraction and away from the ponies and tills. Something like an explosion or a naked lunatic on a unicycle should do the trick.

4. Sneak through the shop to the aisle and grab the ponies. Make sure to remain undetected. If in doubt, smoke bomb.

5. Stealthily approach the tills and place an envelope containing enough money to cover the cost of the ponies entitled 'Cash for Ponies'.

6. Get out of the store, jump on a motorbike and escape!

Mission Succesful.

But seriously, don't care what other people think. An 'I don't care' attitude makes you impervious to any snide remarks.

• Brohoof 5

Ok this is what I do.

Step 1: Walk into the store 

Step 2: Get all the pony toys you desire

Step 3: Buy the ponies

Step 4: Walk out of the store then sprint and say "HATERS GONNA HATE".

pinkie_pie_-_haters_gonna_hate-(n1303247

• Brohoof 5

Sounds like a good idea, even though I don't even know what is this 'Dennis' you're talking about.

It was something the creator of the video and his friends came up with as a sort of nickname for Princess Cadence. From the description of the video:

"Princess Mi Amore Cadenza

Princess Cadance

Cadance

Dance

DENNIS"

I'd just like to let others know, I have never been judged for anything I've bought. Not outright anyway, and I couldn't care less what people say behind my back, because I don't know them and thus don't care about what their opinion of me may be. I have bought blind bags from three different Targets, Toys R Us, Walmart, and Hot Topic. The only time anyone ever made mention of them was the lady at Walmart, and all she did was ask what was inside of them. When I said there were little pony figures, she thought that was cute ^-^ Though I am female, and I probably look closer to 16 than my actual age (23), so I might get more of a pass than a guy. I really don't know, seeing as how I haven't bought ponies with a guy before, nor have I noticed a guy buying ponies.

But I will say, this happened today:

post-7639-0-16826700-1370850511_thumb.jpg

The girl at the checkout was talking to a co-worker, and she didn't seem to give a buck that I was buying ponies. People could usually care less about that, at least with me XD

• Brohoof 2

I have been wanting to buy some pony merch for some time, with no results. I'm waaaaay too self-conscious. If I happen to be wearing a pony shirt, I don't even go NEAR the girls' toy section (makes it obvious I have intentions to buy pony toys), I hover around it as if there was a force field over it.

And as somebody who works in retail, I'm doubly afraid, because at my job they most certainly do talk crap about some customers, especially if they buy something weird/strange. I'm sure that's the case at more than one retail store.

The only place I've been able to calmly buy pony stuff from is Hot Topic, as they sell stuff to cater to bronies, and they're surely used to them by now (hell, some might actually be bronies).

I know how you feel, I try to hide it *from coworkers at least* when I buy pony related items though usually I have a mitches can't touch this face on

And the reason i hide it from coworkers is because i've asked a few of them what they thought of the brony "epidemic" and what they told me was torturous and showed me how f'ed I'd be if they knew I was a brony

The way I see it, you just buy like you would buy anything else. If you want a cheap easy excuse just say your buying it for your little sister or your cousin. If you're really insecure just order online. I personally order online so that way I can find the stuff I need more easily.

• Brohoof 2

If I could drive, I would go to the store and buy myself a bunch of ponies. The only reason I don't is because every time I'm going to the store, I'm with my parents, so I can't buy anything nonchalantly. However, I did get a Fluttershy plushie a couple days ago by acting like I thought it was so adorable. Though, since my dad has walked on me watching the show several times since then, I think he suspects. But, you know what, that's fine! To heck with it! If he finds out, maybe I can get some blind bag ponies! :D

I collect the cards, comics, dvds, and I have a few shirts. I don't collect the toys because I already have too many things to collect. But I buy cartoons on dvd and I stopped caring what people think. I wear a brony hat and I have pony stickers on my work computer and hard hat.

(edited)

If I could drive, I would go to the store and buy myself a bunch of ponies. The only reason I don't is because every time I'm going to the store, I'm with my parents, so I can't buy anything nonchalantly. However, I did get a Fluttershy plushie a couple days ago by acting like I thought it was so adorable. Though, since my dad has walked on me watching the show several times since then, I think he suspects. But, you know what, that's fine! To heck with it! If he finds out, maybe I can get some blind bag ponies! biggrin.png

Oooooooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You haven't told YOUR parents!? tongue.png

My parents don't really care at all. I guess they're just understanding that I have a hobby and that's that. I just wrote my parents a 3 page essay about MLP and the community after a week or so when they were getting a little worried about me. When I get my ponies I just ride my bike to the store and I like to troll the people there and freak them out.

Me: Hi!

Guy: Is there anything I can help you with?

Me: I'm looking for Princess Celestia, I'm supposed to be delivering a message to her.

Guy: I'm sorry, I'm not familiar with-

Me: Oh yes, I forgot, a mortal... I-am-loo-king-for-my-leet-le-pon-ies-from-the-T-V...

Guy: My Little Pony? huh.png

Me: Yes! laugh.png

Guy: Most likely in the girl's section on aisle 5.

Me: Thank you... *turns around* Remember they're watching you... derpy_emoticon1.png

or

Me: *sets plushies neatly on conveyor belt*

Cashier: Hi!

Me: *stares at her creepily*

Cashier: *glances from the plushies to me with a confused look*

Me: *coughs*

Cashier: Are these for your sister? *scans the first one and sets it in the bag*

Me: STOP! WHAT ARE YOU DOING????

Cashier: *takes a step back* What?

Me: You can't put them in the same bag! They'll be to crowded! Why are using plastic bags!? I want paper!

Cashier: *fixes everything the way I like it* Is that all for today?

Me: *pays for the stuff* Well actually you can put those two in the same bag if you know what I mean... wink.png

Cashier: *does what I asked* Thank you! Have a nice day!

Me: OH I BETTER OR IT'S YOUR FAULT IF I DON"T!!!! angry.png

Cashier: sad.png blink.png

Me: *gallops out of store swinging the bags around whistling the MLP theme song as people stare at me* wub.png

I've trolled people like this a different way with MLP stuff at least 10 times! It's REALLY funny! I guess you just have to have a lot of self esteem, but funny thing I have a hard time talking to anyone on the phone...

Has anyone made a topic yet about telling your parents/parents finding out your a brony? If not, I have GOT to make one!

Edited by Daniel40k
  • Brohoof 4

(edited)

It is so sad that people feel like they have to go out of their way to make sure nobody find out they are buying ponies. When I was at Target a few days ago I did check out the pony section and what they had was either G3 or was nowhere near show accurate so I just calmly walked away from that section and moved on. The bigger deal you make about it the more likely it is for people to find out in the first place. There is no guarantee that some troll or hater won't find you out whether you use some kind of system like the one the OP advocates or take the "who cares" approach like I do so it is just a waste of time and energy to go to such lengths to prevent strangers many of whom could care less from finding out.

Edited by EarthbendingProdigy

Oooooooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You haven't told YOUR parents!? img-1554293-2-tongue.png

My parents don't really care at all. I guess they're just understanding that I have a hobby and that's that. I just wrote my parents a 3 page essay about MLP and the community after a week or so when they were getting a little worried about me. When I get my ponies I just ride my bike to the store and I like to troll the people there and freak them out.

Me: Hi!

Guy: Is there anything I can help you with?

Me: I'm looking for Princess Celestia, I'm supposed to be delivering a message to her.

Guy: I'm sorry, I'm not familiar with-

Me: Oh yes, I forgot, a mortal... I-am-loo-king-for-my-leet-le-pon-ies-from-the-T-V...

Guy: My Little Pony? img-1554293-3-huh.png

Me: Yes! img-1554293-4-laugh.png

Guy: Most likely in the girl's section on aisle 5.

Me: Thank you... *turns around* Remember they're watching you... img-1554293-5-derpy_emoticon1.png

or

Me: *sets plushies neatly on conveyor belt*

Cashier: Hi!

Me: *stares at her creepily*

Cashier: *glances from the plushies to me with a confused look*

Me: *coughs*

Cashier: Are these for your sister? *scans the first one and sets it in the bag*

Me: STOP! WHAT ARE YOU DOING????

Cashier: *takes a step back* What?

Me: You can't put them in the same bag! They'll be to crowded! Why are using plastic bags!? I want paper!

Cashier: *fixes everything the way I like it* Is that all for today?

Me: *pays for the stuff* Well actually you can put those two in the same bag if you know what I mean... img-1554293-6-wink.png

Cashier: *does what I asked* Thank you! Have a nice day!

Me: OH I BETTER OR IT'S YOUR FAULT IF I DON"T!!!! img-1554293-7-angry.png

Cashier: img-1554293-8-sad.png img-1554293-9-blink.png

Me: *gallops out of store swinging the bags around whistling the MLP theme song as people stare at me* img-1554293-10-wub.png

I've trolled people like this a different way with MLP stuff at least 10 times! It's REALLY funny! I guess you just have to have a lot of self esteem, but funny thing I have a hard time talking to anyone on the phone...

Has anyone made a topic yet about telling your parents/parents finding out your a brony? If not, I have GOT to make one!

Hahaha! That's priceless! If I was able to, I'd go troll people with MLP products too!

Actually, while I have never outright told my parents that I like MLP, I think my mom knows, and she hasn't commented on that, other than the one time where she walked in on me watching The Cutie Mark Chronicles and remarked, "Aw, that's cute," when Scootaloo said, "You have no idea what I've been through to hear that story!" So, from that, I think she's fine with it.

Also, about an hour ago, I was playing the song Discord in front of him and I commented to him, "Hey, you know that show that you said was for little girls?" (He had earlier seen me watching the show) He said, "Yeah?" "This song was made by fans of that show."

He said "Oh."

So, sooner or later, after walking in on me watching it a few more times, he's going to figure it out. He probably already has. But once I'm sure, I can ask for that Discord shirt I've been wanting since forever!

I'm a girl, so there is no gender barrier, it's just the fact that I've always hated and openly scorned girly things. I guess I just feel kinda hypocritical. But I know one thing for sure. At some point, I'm getting that Discord shirt! ^_^

• Brohoof 1

I've never bought pony stuffs from a store before because I'm still relatively a new fan. I guess I should sometime. I'll just walk in and buy it. No problem. I already bought a Derpy plushie from ebay and I'm planning on hiding it randomly in the photos I like to take. I wonder what I'll buy next? Stickers perhaps?

I think it may have been said before, but just do it. No-ones going to care, and to quote a post above me somewhere, everyone's doing their own thing in there, it's unlikely anyone will even notice. <- (Period! Finally!)

I recently went to Toys'R'us and wore my Princess Luna shirt, normally I wear a hoodie and a coat, but this time I decided to leave them in the car just to show off my MLP shirt. Honestly I didn't even get that many looks, the cashier looked at my shirt for a split second, looked me in the eye then went about his business.

Anyone does say anything to you, just run up and give them a giant hug while screaming "Don't worry Pinkie! I got this one!" Then just get up and walk away like nothing ever happened. 

• Brohoof 3

And I'm supposed to spend two bucks on a birthday card when I could spend two bucks a pack of pony cards?  Thanks, but no thanks. You know what I do when I buy pony merchandise?  I keep on talking and talking and talking about how happy I am to have found whatever the heck I'm buying.  Although, I am a 14 year old girl that everyone knows is crazy anyways.  I usually go to the same cashier too, and she's a brony.

Step 1: Get a group of five people togther.

Step 2: Enter toy store

Step 3: Locate ponies

Step 4: Everyone grabs ponies while whispering, "Dennis"

Ermagerd I love Hank so much.... its funny how I get more excited for his silly little 10 second videos than anything else in my youtube subscription feed derpy_emoticon2.png

So I biked up to my local Target to get some of the new pony stuff..II go to the Pony section with a list of the blind bag codes, rummage through the 3 boxes, find the ones I want, I also grabbed soem cards.

I got to the checkout and the cashier starts talking to me...asking me questions.

Upon checkout the cashier asks me "Do you like My Little Pony?" I said "Yes, because it's awesome and cool!" She then proceeded to say "Didn't know it came back or that it was a thing, nothing wrong with liking it." Then as she was putting the stuff in a bag for me I said "It's not what it used to be, it's a show everypony can watch and enjoy." Then She said with a smile on her face "Interesting, Good to know!" In a sort of way that she may look more into it.. She was about 40ish as well.  

BTW I picked up 4 Wave 7 blind bags, a Rainbow Dash,Pinkie Pie, Soarin and Spitfire.  as well as some Series 1 and 2 cards.

(edited)

My strategy is quite flawless. Though it does require your parents knowing that you are a brony and at least one of them works at the store that sells ponies. In this case, my mom.

1. Give mom the money to buy the pony.

2. She buys pony

3. I receive the pony without having to go into the store

Quite ingenious. Well actually, they don't need to work at the store, but it makes it easier.

Edited by SmartyPants

I have barely bought anything so far but I love trolling people at places like walmart and... darn we only have a walmart... but still try this. Walk in and if you see a greeter approach the greeter and before they can say anything say hello and welcome to walmart, then sit back and watch them look all confused. Other than that, I can't wait to grow out my facial hair a little more! Gonna have a full beard with a mustache and gonna walk up and say, "I would like to purchase this fine merchandise, please" (sets mlp related item on checkout. Cleck see what it is) "So... how old is your daughter?" "What daughter?" then walk away saying nothing else. :P

• Brohoof 1

I buy stuff for my niece and nephew all the time, so I just walk in, buy ponies, then call it a day wub.png . Sometimes the ponies are actually for them anyways. I stopped caring a long time ago what people think, and most of the time they don't care either. I was still in college when the blind bags came out and me and my friends Jeff and Kristen managed to hunt some down and between us three we bought all of the packs Wal-Mart had on the shelf derpy_emoticon2.png  Now the only ones the stores around here have are the glittery set, so I'm almost tempted to buy them all just so they put a different set out, you can't exactly repaint the glittery ones

I'll be honest, my recent purchase of MLP merch from Target was really...uncomfortable. I kind of felt like a creep, a long-haired tank of a man like me stalking around the girls' toy aisle. Irrational, I know.

To make matters more awkward, I could've sworn I saw the cashier give me some kind of "look" as he told me to have a nice day. Couldn't decipher whether it was an amused look, or a look of wonderment that I might be a brony. Probably the former, but either way, I maintained an "I AM NOT AMUSED" expression that clearly didn't invite any conversation on the matter.

I just had yesterday a adventure when I went to buy a rainbow dash

*me walking into the store and going to the girl section

*I grab a rainbow dash*

Random guy: WTF

Me: What ?

Random guy: I hope it is for your little sister

Me: I chose for my little sister because she is sick today

Random guy: aaaaw you are a nice boy

Me: thanks

Random guy: Why do you pick the rainbow one BTW ?

Me: because she is 20% cooler

Random guy:.....how do you know your sister likes that pony ?

Me: because she likes rainbows *I sweat like a idiot*

Random guy: what's wrong ?

Me: Nothing

Random guy: there is something wrong with you isnt it ?

Me: can you please let me alone ?!

Random guy: let me guess you are a brony

Me: Eeyep

Random guy: O_0

Me: What's the problem ?

Random guy: bronies are soo ankward....

Me: U MAD BRO ?

Ramdom guy: I think bronies are closet pedofiles

Me: *facehoof*

Random guy: are you a pedofile ?

Me: in celestia name liking a TV show does not mean that you are a Pedo

Random guy: but you look like one

Me: you look like a cool guy by you are scared of bronies looking does not mean anything

Random guy: go to the cashier before someone notices you !

Me:alright

*I buyer the ponies and I went to home*

Sodduntly some guys come at me

Some random freak: hey are you the brony my friend told ya

Me: hey can you leave me alone please

Some random freak: I hate yo you post pony crack on the web

Me: if you dont leave me alone I'll call the police on your racist head

Some random freak: see ya later then horsefucker

*I went to home and hugged the the rainbow dash plushie I bough

• Brohoof 5

I just had yesterday a adventure when I went to buy a rainbow dash

*me walking into the store and going to the girl section

*I grab a rainbow dash*

Random guy: WTF

Me: What ?

Random guy: I hope it is for your little sister

Me: I chose for my little sister because she is sick today

Random guy: aaaaw you are a nice boy

Me: thanks

Random guy: Why do you pick the rainbow one BTW ?

Me: because she is 20% cooler

Random guy:.....how do you know your sister likes that pony ?

Me: because she likes rainbows *I sweat like a idiot*

Random guy: what's wrong ?

Me: Nothing

Random guy: there is something wrong with you isnt it ?

Me: can you please let me alone ?!

Random guy: let me guess you are a brony

Me: Eeyep

Random guy: O_0

Me: What's the problem ?

Random guy: bronies are soo ankward....

Me: U MAD BRO ?

Ramdom guy: I think bronies are closet pedofiles

Me: *facehoof*

Random guy: are you a pedofile ?

Me: in celestia name liking a TV show does not mean that you are a Pedo

Random guy: but you look like one

Me: you look like a cool guy by you are scared of bronies looking does not mean anything

Random guy: go to the cashier before someone notices you !

Me:alright

*I buyer the ponies and I went to home*

Sodduntly some guys come at me

Some random freak: hey are you the brony my friend told ya

Me: hey can you leave me alone please

Some random freak: I hate yo you post pony crack on the web

Me: if you dont leave me alone I'll call the police on your racist head

Some random freak: see ya later then horsefucker

*I went to home and hugged the the rainbow dash plushie I bough

I hate it when jerks like that come along! There's nothing wrong with us bronies buying pony merchandise, and there's certainly nothing wrong with us being bronies! If only people would open their minds before they judge, maybe we wouldn't have to be so nervous about buying pony merchandise in the first place!

• Brohoof 3

here is how the conversation would have gone down if that was me

Troll: WTF?

Me: What?

Troll: I hope it is for your little sister.

Me: And I hope you are able to grow up someday and get over whatever deep seated insecurities about your sexuality, masculinity or both which prompt you to hate others for a harmless hobby until then I have nothing more to say to you troll, have a nice day.

• Brohoof 3