Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Anypony else ride bikes?

Flutter's lover <3

Not the motorized ones either....though I do have one of those as well..

I'm talking about pedal/push bikes....whether it be BMX, mountain bike, fixie, DJ/street, full on roadbike or a pimped out cruiser.

Curious if anyone has the same passion about it as I do. If so where and what do you ride?

Me? I ride AM/XC (All Mountain and Cross Country)and road riding as well.on my fixie/fixed gear bike.

here's a couple pics of my two bikes.

My All mountain bike....really fun but it's been out of action because of a broken part....I'm hoping it arrives this coming week. laugh.png

p4pb9547100.jpg

My fixed gear...can't see them. but there's a few stickers on it.being fixed gear, makes it a challenge sometimes when riding...can't coast on it. Though as it is in the picture, it's set up like a normal bike....which is why I have both brakes on it. Fixed gear, you don't need a rear brake as you usually backpedal to stop, similar to a coasting brake but not really because you have to have really good leg muscles.....so takes time to get used to it.

p4pb9678575.jpg

I'm usually outside on one of my bikes either riding through a forest or bombing around on the streets....both are fun bikes I've been on two wheels since I can remember....It's a passion and hobby wub.png  

If I was a pony this would be my special talent.

Also, if anyone has any sort of questions related to bikes, I can probably answer them. img-1379355-5-xtWXQl1.png

• Brohoof 1

Yes I love to ride bikes I just have a BMX bike but, it was really damn expensive and I actually payed for it not my mom or dad. I enjoy riding around to places, one time I went to McDonald's and had some food, while getting dinner for my family. I also do tricks on my bike like 360's and jump ramps and stuff. Anypony do that? 

tumblr_m6rayghbN71qc5ffho1_1280.png

• Brohoof 3

I have a trek mountain bike, not sure of the model because have not ridin it for a couple of days. I love riding though I have recently wanted to start stunting on it.

Trek's are pretty nice. Always wanted one of their 29'' bikes....but they're just so expensive for a fully. I've got a hardtail as well...a Giant Yukon...not bad but it's mainly my winter get around bike.lately it's been used as my Single speed trail bike becuase my GHost isn't going.

How old is the Trek?

• Brohoof 1

it doesn't even have the MLP Princesses on it though! sad.png

That makes me sad. The pink tassles and training wheels give it a nice touch though!

Yeah, the one with MLP Princesses was taken already by this girl at the store. I tried chasing her down, but that girl can run!

Thanks for liking it :)

Yes I love to ride bikes I just have a BMX bike but, it was really damn expensive and I actually payed for it not my mom or dad. I enjoy riding around to places, one time I went to McDonald's and had some food, while getting dinner for my family. I also do tricks on my bike like 360's and jump ramps and stuff. Anypony do that? 

tumblr_m6rayghbN71qc5ffho1_1280.png

I"m stealing this picture....

also yea, I do jumps the odd times on my mountain bike....it's fun.going off drops and the like is fun too.I actually rode my Fixed gear at the BMX/skate park the other day...lol That bike is more capable then I  give it credit for.

I occasionally will. Although I mostly just ride 2 or 3 miles around neighborhoods around my neighborhood. I think riding bikes is fun.

I"m stealing this picture....

also yea, I do jumps the odd times on my mountain bike....it's fun.going off drops and the like is fun too.I actually rode my Fixed gear at the BMX/skate park the other day...lol That bike is more capable then I  give it credit for.

That's alright if you want I don't know a more variety of pictures just go to Google and type in Mlp Bikes or whatever suits you xDDDD. I sometimes go down to like the desert and use my mountain bike and go down hills and stuff, doing tricks and flying high.

I occasionally will. Although I mostly just ride 2 or 3 miles around neighborhoods around my neighborhood. I think riding bikes is fun.

it is totally fun. not to mention the excersie it gives you.....Ioften stop at the coffee shop or Dairy Queen or something and get a refresher during a ride.

Bikes are awesome. I have a Motobecane road bike. I'll usually go biking with a friend or by myself. It's nice to just go out and ride somewhere (doesn't matter where). I'm also pretty interested in BMX bikes, because I used to be really into scootering. I've befriended some BMX riders, and wow.. it's definitely impressive what they can do.

Bikes are awesome. I have a Motobecane road bike. I'll usually go biking with a friend or by myself. It's nice to just go out and ride somewhere (doesn't matter where). I'm also pretty interested in BMX bikes, because I used to be really into scootering. I've befriended some BMX riders, and wow.. it's definitely impressive what they can do.

Mmhm. you usually end up somewhere cool...as for BMX all the ones around here are bratty kids for the most part. Who don't care about anything....they're also the same kinda kdis that draw dicks on things, thinking it's funny or cool when in reality it's not. I owned a BMX way back in the mid 90s...was a fun bike, but mainly used it for riding to school.

Tricks and the like arn't my forte

Mmhm. you usually end up somewhere cool...as for BMX all the ones around here are bratty kids for the most part. Who don't care about anything....they're also the same kinda kdis that draw dicks on things, thinking it's funny or cool when in reality it's not. I owned a BMX way back in the mid 90s...was a fun bike, but mainly used it for riding to school.

Tricks and the like arn't my forte

Yeah, sadly a lot of BMX kiddies are punks. (I say kiddies because the punk BMX riders tend to be pretty young.) You just gotta find the chill ones. From my experience, most of the punk BMX riders aren't that great at BMXing. The best riders I've come across are really respectful of others and friendly.

• Brohoof 1

I once had a bike. ...But I didn't really want to ride it because it was boring to go outside just to ride a bike.. I mean I didn't really have to go anywhere.

So I got rid of it c:

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

i myself ride my bike to the bus stop everyday, it's mostly trashed tough.

it's just a regular model.

my main forms of transportation would be my aprilia rs 50 so yeah, that one is motorized.

Edited by repsol rave

Yeah, I do have a bike, no, I don't ride it. My mum got it for me for Christmas a couple of years ago, but it was on lay buy for over a year. By the time I got it, I didn't really have much interest in riding it. To this day I've only ridden it like 5 times. My mum doesn't mind though because we ended up moving to a house in an area where there aren't many good places to ride.

(edited)

Ok, sorry for bad photos, cause I have not got photos of them O_o I'm shoked myself, sertanly need to take them smile.png

This one for Cross Country.

201306101826541.jpg
He serves me for a long time, i'm using him for CC only now, but for long time he was my only bike, so I've used him everywhere.

And the second one

201306101828141.jpg
She is new and 28''wub.png . I'm using her for city and going to use her for traveling, just waiting for delivery with carrier and fenders. After long time only on heavy Specialized she is so light, and awesome ofc smile.png

How I'm using them? Going for work almost every day, camping, riding at forest in weekeng, and for a lot more stuff.

Well I want to write really a lot, but haven't got time sad.png

P.S. I want 29'' road bike, impossibly want one!

But it's a lot of time and money sad.png may be next year smile.png

Edited by HungryTroll
  • Brohoof 1

Trek's are pretty nice. Always wanted one of their 29'' bikes....but they're just so expensive for a fully. I've got a hardtail as well...a Giant Yukon...not bad but it's mainly my winter get around bike.lately it's been used as my Single speed trail bike becuase my GHost isn't going.

How old is the Trek?

post-15440-0-88303600-1370885607_thumb.jpg

This is my bike I have had it for around two or three months. I had to pay for it myself which is a lot of money for someone my age. I paid around 500$ for the bike without the extra stuff. I really just needed the bike because our Shwinn (Think I spelled that correct) broke and no other bike can support me because I am such a big guy. Oh and it's a 3400 or a 4300 not sure though. :P

That Trek is a 4300. Also a bit of a tip if your legs arn't fully extended (or almost fully) when your pedals are at their lowest, while pedaling, you should raise your seat up. It'll improve your pedaling efficiency by  a lot. and it'll improve your over all ride.That's also a big up grade from your last bike. Great platform to build off of as well if you ever plan on upgrading any of the parts.

P.S. I want 29'' road bike, impossibly want one!

But it's a lot of time and money img-1545505-7-sad.png may be next year img-1545505-8-smile.png

If you're looking for a 29'' road bike try searching for "700c" instead as that's the more common term for road size....even though they are more or less the same size of wheel. Also nice bikes. 28'' is an odd wheel size though. Common road sizes here are 27-1 1/4'' and 700c

If you're looking for a 29'' road bike try searching for "700c" instead as that's the more common term for road size....even though they are more or less the same size of wheel. Also nice bikes. 28'' is an odd wheel size though. Common road sizes here are 27-1 1/4'' and 700c

Well thanks :)

But I'm usually serching on my native language, so for me it's not 700c for sure it's 622 mm for me and sometimes 29" :) and I've got problems with translating terminology for example i wasn't sure that road bike ir right term. My 28'' bike is not road one it's more like touring or cross one. 29'' just becouse I want :) I'm big guy, I want big wheels :) Strange thing that I like small cars.

I ride my bike almost every day. Not for fun, though. It's my main mode of transportation, since I don't have a driver's license and can't afford one where I live. I also ride an exercise bike for... exercise...

That Trek is a 4300. Also a bit of a tip if your legs arn't fully extended (or almost fully) when your pedals are at their lowest, while pedaling, you should raise your seat up. It'll improve your pedaling efficiency by  a lot. and it'll improve your over all ride.That's also a big up grade from your last bike. Great platform to build off of as well if you ever plan on upgrading any of the parts.

Wow, you know what you are talking about! Thanks for the tip by the way. I have not rode it in about a week so I will check tomorrow before I ride to my friends house. How exactly does it improve your efficiency? But for now I will trust you! I did really like my Scwinn though. It was nicer for just roads, but my trek it doesn't matter if I go off road.