Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Anypony else ride bikes?

Flutter's lover <3

Oooooo love riding my bike! it's just that I live in San Diego and not by the beach so there's not so many good places to ride and my friends that live super close don't know how and refuse to let me teach them. So I end up riding alone like today... And every other time, but I actually listen to a loop of season 1 and 2 of mlp songs true story, or pandora comedy which makes it so much more enjoyable.

• 2 weeks later...
(edited)

Wow, you know what you are talking about! Thanks for the tip by the way. I have not rode it in about a week so I will check tomorrow before I ride to my friends house. How exactly does it improve your efficiency? But for now I will trust you! I did really like my Scwinn though. It was nicer for just roads, but my trek it doesn't matter if I go off road.

Thanks, it improves your pedaling Cadence/efficiency and you'll be able to ride longer and not feel as tired afterwards.It also lets you put more power down on to the pedals when riding uphill or when you wanna pedal your ass off.

Also painted the cranks on my Fixed gear/SS bike....they used to be white with a black chainring. 

p4pb9742416.jpg

p4pb9742430.jpg

p4pb9742429.jpg

Edited by Flutter Dash
  • Brohoof 1

I know how to ride a bike yes, but honestly speaking I don't really ride em much.

I actually don't have mine at my mom's house, but at my dad's, but honestly we don't ride them much anymore. Of course you never really forget how to ride a bike totally, so I know how to ride it, I just really don't ride it honestly. We've been busier lately at my dad's though so maybe thats part of the reason. I don't do any extreme stuff or races or anything though, i'm not really that good.

Used to ride bikes, not anymore though. When I did ride, it would usually be around the neighborhood or at the park with my friend. We would race every now and then. I had quit years ago. My friend didn't bother riding his bike anymore and it was boring riding alone, so I lost interest and sold mine.

Yeah I really do enjoy reading bikes. I think that when I rode bikes, I had a lot of fun riding in the park I guess I took a break from riding bikes for now.

Wow, I remember bikes.. A long time ago, I used to ride them to work and used to ride them for fun. Always trying to go faster each and every time. Once I started to drive I stopped riding my bicycle, have only used it two times after I started driving. I took good care of my bike, but it wasn't really any fun anymore after I started driving. Only thing I wanted to do was to drive, that's why I liked my bike it gave me the feeling that I was driving.. In a way, since I was riding it on the road, acting like it was a car.. lol

So of course when it came to the real thing, I stopped using it. It's so much more fun driving, I love driving. I used to imagine that I was driving when I was on that bike, so I would go very long distances. Just to make me feel like I was on a roadtrip. I can't describe the feeling I got when I got my license, I was so happy that day.. I just can't describe it. It was the biggest moment in my entire life, the first thing I did was jump inside the Mitsubishi and drive. Happiest day in my entire life, it was raining that day.. My favorite weather to drive in. So no wonder I stopped biking, my dream came true and I'm still living the dream. Driving is the most fun I've ever had in my life.

To answer your question.. I do not ride bikes anymore. I drive. img-1379355-5-xtWXQl1.png

Thanks, it improves your pedaling Cadence/efficiency and you'll be able to ride longer and not feel as tired afterwards.It also lets you put more power down on to the pedals when riding uphill or when you wanna pedal your ass off.

Also painted the cranks on my Fixed gear/SS bike....they used to be white with a black chainring. 

img-1580937-1-p4pb9742416.jpg

img-1580937-2-p4pb9742430.jpg

img-1580937-3-p4pb9742429.jpg

I did what you said, and holy crap!!! It really does help a ton. I was able to ride eight miles and it felt like one or two. 

(One hundred)

I did what you said, and holy crap!!! It really does help a ton. I was able to ride eight miles and it felt like one or two. 

(One hundred)

Glad to of helped! :wub:

another thing to do, is pump up your tires, so that they're really hard if you mostly do road riding. It'll eliminate any rolling resistance and you'll be able to go a bit faster and not feel sluggish.

• Brohoof 1

I like riding bikes. Until recently I didn't bike too often (maybe once a week) because I had a cheap, low quality Walmart bike that was uncomfortable to ride and not really the most structurally sound thing I've ever seen.

Though two weeks ago, I finally decided to invest in a real bicycle and got a Trek Verve 2. I absolutely love it - it's so fun to ride, comfortable, and durable. I've been riding 3-4 times a week since I got it now. 

post-1147-0-14734700-1371926869_thumb.jpg

I like riding bikes. Until recently I didn't bike too often (maybe once a week) because I had a cheap, low quality Walmart bike that was uncomfortable to ride and not really the most structurally sound thing I've ever seen.

yea, any department store bikes like Wal-mart, Halfords, Target, Canadian Tire,K-Mart tend to not be that great of quality,yet they charge  5x what the're worth....not to mention they weigh as much as a boat anchor(my Ghost in my OP weighs in at 32.8Lbs). I've told people at Wal-mart and Canadian Tire alike to go to a real bike shop if they want a bike that will last.

(edited)

I like to mountain bike every now and then. I used to ride a bike around my neighborhood when I was a kid, but once I got my driver's license, I stopped riding.

About 10 years later, I've decided to ride a bike again, but for recreation and exercise. There's a nice 20 mile (32 km) trail near where I live that was once a railroad, and I've used that as it's open to cyclists, pedestrians and equestrians. I've even managed to bike the whole thing from start, to finish, and all the way back. I have a cyclometer attached to my bike that keeps track of the time (both a timer and a clock), speed (current, average and maximum) and distance I've gone (current and cumulative). So that was 41 miles (66 km) I biked that time— the cyclometer specifically measured 40.94 miles.

It also appears they are in the process of lengthening the trail, so one day it may be even longer than that. There are also some other trails in the area, so once I feel like trying another one, I'll explore new trails. The trail I ride is quite nice though. It goes through forested areas, open fields, and farms. So there is no shortage of wildlife like birds, squirrels, chipmunks and rabbits. I also see people riding on horses from time to time, and people walking their dogs. I even see a cat or two sometimes. The end of it goes through part of a city, so that's a little annoying, but for the majority of it, I don't have to worry about any vehicles, except for a few road crossings here and there. Most of which aren't even busy roads.

The bike I have is a 2012 Raleigh Talus 4.0, and here's a picture of what it looks like.

More info: http://www.raleighusa.com/archive/2012-mountain/talus-4-0-12/

Edited by ePONYmous

• 9 years later...

I was a bike technician for a year and it was actually pretty fun. Got to learn how to build one from scratch. 

I still have a bike, but being 10+ miles from everything and it's steep hills... would rather drive.

I am currently walking more than biking. Mosquitoes will change that once the summer comes. They are hungry and bicycle is the only speed they can't catch up with unless they use their own bicycles.

I haven ridden a bike in many years. I have good memories of my childhood riding a bike and exploring the surroundings of my parent's town

• 1 month later...

I used to own a bike and found it to be alright but the bike went missing and I was blamed for it being stolen because I "left it outside" even though I did put it away inside the house.

Unfortunately I was forced to learn to ride it which wasn't fun, it didn't feel like a natural interest for me. Like, I did enjoy the bike riding but being forced into it isn't fun. Oh well. Maybe again in the future? :kindness:

• Brohoof 1

Last time I rode a bike, I crashed into some debris and really injured my arm. The scar is still there to this day. Haven't been on a bike since. :rarity:

The last time i rode a bike I was trying to ride it to the next town over (they are all small towns) andddddddd there was hill and i hadn't ridden in a few years so I ended up just walking my bike all the way there and all the way back pretty much >_<

• 3 months later...

When I was little I loved bikes but a few years back I tried to again and I really sucked at turning :Pip-giggle:

We would ride on a nice trail too. I don’t have anywhere close to bike now though that I could just walk to the road or anything we live on a busy road with no sidewalks. We live in the woods too. :muffins:

I do like the siting exercise bike quite a bit though.