Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Star Wars Battlefront 3 Finally Announced

Mr. Changeling

(edited)

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

Man! This is awesome! I have waited so long! Finally! I love the Star Wars Battlefront games, they are amazing and I remember that I used to play them all the time when I still played on my  PS2.

btw

edit

EA....urrgghh

Edited by Jokuc
  • Brohoof 7

Parso is right, despite me loving Battlefront 1 and 2, I am extremely cautious of this due to EA. They've ruined many a franchise, and I really don't want that to happen to Star Wars Battlefront. I have childhood memories to look after.

• Brohoof 2

I don't know if I want this. EA has the tendency to screw games entirely. and the original games were a mark on my childhood, I just don't want to ruin it

this is what I thought to, but its not just EA, its dice. The producer of the battlefield fanchise and the people with frostbite 3. Imagine, star wars mixed with battlefield. This is going to be an amazing game

I. Cant. WAIT. Battlefront was my very first game I EVER in my life bought on my own dime. I remember being a huge fan of Battlefront 1 that I got for my birthday or something, then I remember they made the commercials for Battlefront 2. I think I was in the 6/7th grade possibly. I started doing EVERYTHING around the house. Mowing yards, cleaning dishes. Anything to get another 5-6 bucks. And I finally gathered ALL my money together, the week before release. But I realized that the release date was on a Monday, and at the time we didn't have any where I could go for a midnight release. (Gotta remember this is WAAAYY back, when my local Game Stop was a place called EB Games. 

That morning I gave my mom the fourty-fifty bucks and I put her through an intense crash course as to what to do. I remember sitting with here for 10-20 minutes, showing her the box art, making her remember the name, and remember Playstation 2, not Xbox. lmao. I got home from school that day and found it in my bedroom I was the happiest boy on Earth. That game didn't disappoint, either.

I don't know if I want this. EA has the tendency to screw games entirely. and the original games were a mark on my childhood, I just don't want to ruin it

I know what you mean, but there's also a chance they could do this great, too. It's been so long since the last Battlefront game, this gen of game systems didn't even get one. I almost wanna put my cards on the table for this. Can you imagine the immense amount of improvements they could do though? We'll just have to see, but I'm personally gonna get psyched for this game.

• Brohoof 1

Yes! Now I have a good reason to re-watch the original trilogy! I haven't watched anything star wars related for almost 10 years. I'm not sure how I survived but I'm glad to finally get back into it. However, if EA touches this game then I'm out. What they did to battlefield is unforgivable. (grumbles something about dinosaurs) 

• Brohoof 1

Honestly, EA probably knows that if they screw up something like Battlefront, which has been long awaited by thousands of fans, they're going to be hated by everyone. I expect them to be cautious with this.

I doubt EA can mess up such a beloved game. Even if it does such (which I doubt), im still buying it, unless its only on n3xt gen consoles (500$ for xbox one, outrageous). Also, KILLER INSTINCT!!!!!!!!!!
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

I doubt EA can mess up such a beloved game. Even if it does such (which I doubt), im still buying it, unless its only on n3xt gen consoles (500$ for xbox one, outrageous). Also, KILLER INSTINCT!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, I'm too big a fan to not buy it haha. Wait, didn't EA say that all of the titles shown at their presentation were next gen? Guess I'll have to get a PS4...

Edited by Apocalyptic_Unicorn

Yeah, I'm too big a fan to not buy it haha. Wait, didn't EA say that all of the titles shown at their presentation were next gen? Guess I'll have to get a PS4...

Why a PS4. If the xbox one is $500, the ps4 will probably be $700. Plus xbox seems to have more to offer than the ps4 (my opinion, please dont hate on me)

Why a PS4. If the xbox one is $500, the ps4 will probably be $700. Plus xbox seems to have more to offer than the ps4 (my opinion, please dont hate on me)

We've yet to see a PS4 price, but I doubt Sony'll make the same mistake they did with PS3 and price it way too high. They want to stay in the lead, especially with all the anti-Xbox One sentiment at the moment.

Plus, the Xbox One hasn't really made a good impression on me with all the DRM and always online stuff haha. 

Huh, cool I guess, not much of a trailer though, guessing this game is still in the early stages. Still, it's EA, and EA is generally terrible, but hopefully this will be something at least moderately enjoyable...

We've yet to see a PS4 price, but I doubt Sony'll make the same mistake they did with PS3 and price it way too high. They want to stay in the lead, especially with all the anti-Xbox One sentiment at the moment.

Plus, the Xbox One hasn't really made a good impression on me with all the DRM and always online stuff haha.

I can see that, and your right, there has been no official price for the ps4, but ps2 was more expensive than xbox, and ps3 was more expensive than xbox 360. Its very assumable to predict that ps4 will be more expensive than xbox one, especially with free online play. I guess will have to wait for tonight. Also, I do agree with you. Xbox was on my bad side after that awful xbox one presentation, but after e3, after al the awesome exclusives. If im going to get a next gen console (I hope I dont have to), I would bye the xbox one (however, I still havent seen the sony press conference)

Huh, cool I guess, not much of a trailer though, guessing this game is still in the early stages. Still, it's EA, and EA is generally terrible, but hopefully this will be something at least moderately enjoyable...

Well, EA did just get a new president, so maybe, after all this bad luck, its EAs time to shine again. Its darkest before the dawn, and EA has been real shitty these last months. Maybe EAs shittyness wil transfer over to nintendo?
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

Not to be mean but have you seen the new SimCity? EA ruined that franchise and it is really sad because that game had so much potential. EA is now trying to money-whore it with DLC. I remember first playing battlefront and how amazed I was, I just hope EA doesn't have a lot of inteference in Dice's work on Battlefront. Edited by linkbro123

I really want to play this game. But it's EA. I know that not all of their games suck, they have been involved in a lot of great ones. But it's just something about them that makes me go uh-oh.

Looking at it DICE may reboot the Battlefront franchise instead of releasing SW:BF3 but I don't see that as a bad thing. This is a very good opportunity for them to reinvent that old glory of a Star Wars 1st/3rd person shooter.

Awesome. I'm a huge Star Wars fan, and DICE has a pretty good reputation. The good thing is that they didn't give Battlefront to some third rate developer. The bad thing is that EA's involved.

EA, please, please don't fuck this up.

(edited)

So, as some of you who follow the Star Wars universe have probably heard, there is a new Battlefront game coming out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cmo-YYoHnGs

By the title, I guess it's safe to say that this is going to be a reboot of the original series.
I have not played any games in six years, but now, I may have to buy a new gaming console just for this one game.

So, what are your expectations? Do you have any expectations? 

I, for one, think this game absolutely NEEDS space battles. It's not Star Wars without those.

Edited by Sickman
  • Brohoof 1

Ah battle front damn good games, first one was good but man the 2th ohh man great game, still got it for my PS2, I was reading about something I think it was a year or so ago anyway something about they where not going to make a new one but ohh thank you Luna they are working on it, thank you Sickman for the info on this :)

My expectations with this are really HIGH!

I have Battlefront II for PC, and it is still one of the most played multiplayer games on PC. You can log in right now and you'll find hundreds of people playing.

Now, I'd like them to improve some things, like aiming (seriously, it is really hard to aim in this game. You have to be too precise), and also some classes that proved to be useless in the second one.

About space battles: the second one nailed it in that department. Too bad that I just don't like space battles :P but if it is as good as the BFII, then this is a win.

I'm seriously excited for this(srsly). I loved the first two and was quite saddened when they stopped making more. If EA is really becoming the good guy company we want it to be, then hopefully we should be pretty pleased with this.
The use of Jedi/Sith characters needs some tweaking, but space battles are pretty much top-notch.